Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
Yeah, if anything, the prequels are getting a revaluation of sorts, even if it's nothing more then just as "they weren't quite as bad as the internet would have you believe."

In the case of TLJ, I would be interested to see if there are any trends in the camps that like and dislike it, e.g. how do newer fans take it overall as opposed to older fans. If the dislike is primarily centered around people who grew up with the older movies, we may see TLJ have a less mixed reception in the future, just like how now fandom has been less hard on the prequels as those who grew up with them are becoming a larger voice in the "community."
For me, the single biggest flaw in the prequels is the complete lack of romantic chemistry between Natalie Portman and Hayden Christensen. It ended up being a major stretch for me to believe he'd even tell a white lie for her, much less betray everything he had known for years.

Chemistry between actors matters - it's a large part of why Star Wars was such a success in the first place, and why Star Trek was remembered despite being cancelled before season 3 was completed.