View Poll Results: What will happen to Kent Nelson?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Doctor Fate stays evil and Kent Nelson is lost forever

2 7.41%
  • Kent Nelson frees himself from Nabu and once again becomes Doctor Fate

8 29.63%
  • Kent Nelson dies in Justice League Dark and Khalid Nassour becomes Doctor Fate

2 7.41%
  • Nabu is being corrupted by the Tree of Wonder

5 18.52%
  • Khalid Nassour becomes Doctor Fate and Kent becomes the New Nabu

10 37.04%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The James Tynion IV Doctor Fate Poll (Justice League Dark)

During the extreme years of DC where they wanted to be Image, DC killed off Doctor Fate's hosts Kent and Inza Nelson in Fate #0 (1994). Fast forward 22-years and Geoff Johns returned Kent Nelson in Rebirth #1 (2016), however now... the writer of Justice League Dark has turned Doctor Fate into a villain and imprisoned Kent Nelson in the helm of Nabu.

Needless to say, things are looking grim for Kent... so let's look into the Crystal Orb of Nabu to see the future of Kent with a CBR poll!

Last edited by finfan; 10-02-2018 at 04:39 AM.

I voted that Kent will come back but unfortunately I seriously... seriously doubt it!
    I see everyone's fate but my own. Sometimes that scares me. But when I see the future of someone such as yourself, I believe in tomorrow again

Staff writer at www.impulsegamer.com

Quote Originally Posted by finfan View Post
    During the extreme years of DC where they wanted to be Image, DC killed off Doctor Fate's hosts Kent and Inza Nelson in Fate #0 (1994). Fast forward 22-years and Geoff Johns returned Kent Nelson in Rebirth #1 (2016)
    Actually, Kent Nelson had previously returned in the DCYou Doctor Fate series that did continue publication past the start of Rebirth.

from issue #12 (July 2016), which was published a few weeks before DC Universe: Rebirth #1:

Both Kent and Khalid Nassour were operating as Doctor Fate for the next six issues before the series ended (with issue #18).

If DC brings Khalid Nassour into the Justice League Dark series, then those previous stories with Khalid (and later Kent) may still be in play.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Personally, I would like to see Khalid Nassour return so I'd like him to come back, even if it means the original dies.

I feel like both of them would be saved for a potential JSA return. Not to say one couldn’t join the League and the other the JSA that’s just my thoughts.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I think the last option would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Actually, Kent Nelson had previously returned in the DCYou Doctor Fate series that did continue publication past the start of Rebirth.

from issue #12 (July 2016), which was published a few weeks before DC Universe: Rebirth #1:

Both Kent and Khalid Nassour were operating as Doctor Fate for the next six issues before the series ended (with issue #18).

If DC brings Khalid Nassour into the Justice League Dark series, then those previous stories with Khalid (and later Kent) may still be in play.
    Technically yes but BOTH were totally different incarnations of Dr Fate, especially iPad Nabu... more of a relaunch IMHO
    I see everyone's fate but my own. Sometimes that scares me. But when I see the future of someone such as yourself, I believe in tomorrow again

I’m not sure if people would agree to this but since the supposedly in continuity Bendis Young Justice line just got announced would we be fine if Khalid got his own solo over there or even joined Young Justice?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I’m not sure if people would agree to this but since the supposedly in continuity Bendis Young Justice line just got announced would we be fine if Khalid got his own solo over there or even joined Young Justice?
    Is the Young Justice crew a bit young for Khalid?
    (He's a college student majoring in medicine.)

Well last I checked Tim Drake just had entered college(provided this is still in continuity) so he’d only be a few years younger than him at best. It’s tough to say with Superboy and Impulse though. Also I feel I need to say this, but he could just have his own solo in the imprint.
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Well last I checked Tim Drake just had entered college(provided this is still in continuity) . . .
    When exactly was the last time you checked?

When I was still reading Tynion's Detective Comics, Tim was still deciding whether to start college (just before he was removed from things by crazed Jor-El). Don't know if anything further happened with that when Tim came back.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    When exactly was the last time you checked?

When I was still reading Tynion's Detective Comics, Tim was still deciding whether to start college (just before he was removed from things by crazed Jor-El). Don't know if anything further happened with that when Tim came back.
    It was during Tynion’s run, after returning he had some issues with Batman, left and went off to college for a little bit.
    Words to live by.

Well...
    I need to formulate my answer before choosing my vote.
    They're all good choices and each one is not only very possible, but rife with story potential.

However, what I personally suspect to happen will be...
    Nabu shakes off the corruption and becomes a major player that turns the tide near the end by joining Kent and Khalid together as one Dr. Fate.

Similar to the original Firestorm (or the Eric & Linda Strauss Fate), Khalid would provide the youth, energy and physical qualities while Kent would provide the wisdom, experience and knowledge.
    The Tower of Fate would be moved to exist within the helmet, and Nabu would take up residence.
    When Kent and Khalid are Fate, Kent appears in the tower with Nabu, where the two of them would have council while Khalid maintains comtrol of Fate's body.

Now... to find a poll selection that resembles this...
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Astonishing Member

Never like the shifts to new folks being Fate. I suggest a classic Kent Fate with the helmet and Nabu as it's operating system. Khalid can be Physician's Assistant Fate or Graduate Assistant Fate (since Kent is a PhD IIRC). He can have a cell version of the helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Never like the shifts to new folks being Fate. I suggest a classic Kent Fate with the helmet and Nabu as it's operating system. Khalid can be Physician's Assistant Fate or Graduate Assistant Fate (since Kent is a PhD IIRC). He can have a cell version of the helmet.
    I agree and simplicity is the answer. If you can't tell a superhero origin in one page, you've got retention problems