Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    BANNED

People want content in a hurry. This was always the way things were heading.

I, for one, welcome the age with fewer individual books and more stuff that "matters" happening at a more rapid pace. I'm one of those.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post

I, for one, welcome the age with fewer individual books and more stuff that "matters" happening at a more rapid pace. I'm one of those.
    The problem with this is you need a LOT of lead time if you don't want the art and writing to be rushed, and it's harder to change directions if something doesn't work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    The problem with this is you need a LOT of lead time if you don't want the art and writing to be rushed, and it's harder to change directions if something doesn't work out.
    You pretty much cant especially with so many people working on it. The schedule has to be tight and any significant changes will through the entire thing off. The 10 week story needs to be set in stone before the first issue even comes out

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

And sadly...consistency has not been Marvel's watch-word in recent times so...unless you're resolved to pay for and enjoy mediocre rushed storytelling and art, (I'm not) we're screwed.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post

Seconded. I have been claiming for a weekly Uncanny book forever now and I'll finally get my wish in November (temporarily perhaps? I guess we might find out this Sunday). One central weekly book sells and "matters" infinitely more than dozens of spin-offs with a very limited lifespan. I would approach the weekly format a bit differently though and similarly to what was done with DC's 52, where different characters and storylines were being progressed at the same time almost every issue, alternating every few pages. That gives readers the impression they're getting a lot of content every issue and allows writers to do their "Mr and Mrs X" or "X-Factor" or whatever stories within Uncanny instead of a separate spin-off which has very little hope of going past 12 issues. Is it a lot of work, and very much in advance at that ? Yes it is, but surely far from impossible.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    That just means the planning and effort needs to be there from the beginning. Either they get it right and we get engaging epics or they don't and 65% of us stop reading by the first five issues like we do already and they just lose out until the story is over.

I think this style is the best way. They just need to do right and tell a good story. People will pay to get the story increments back-to-back-to-back. If the company screws it up through half-assness, they are just wasting a good opportunity.

BANNED

Ambivalence still reigns, and X-citement continues to wane.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 10-05-2018 at 08:58 PM.

.........they don't know Skids? Frenzy? They are basing their whole event around X-MAN, but they dont know..okay. oh New X-Men sweeties maybe next time.
    Last edited by Tycon; 10-05-2018 at 09:23 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Am I the only one here who thinks that X-Man here refers to Cyclops?

This will be the return of Cyclops.....
    It's Nate Grey. Ugh.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    .........they don't know Skids? Frenzy? They are basing their whole event around X-MAN, but they dont know..okay. oh New X-Men sweeties maybe next time.
    Or that PhalanX Covenant = Gen X genesis, which was right before AoA no less. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Or that PhalanX Covenant = Gen X genesis, which was right before AoA no less. Go figure.
    I just got to that part...................I mean. Here's the thing. If these people were interviewing Patrick Stewart, Ellen Page, Sophie Turner, Michael Fassbender or whoever that question, I'd expect that. But.......c'mon that isn't a "who is this Z-list character?" question. These people are writing an event spinning off of a huge relaunch of Uncanny X-Men. They should know something.

All-New Member

Wow, how little confidence they transmit with all their "not-knowing" history of X-Men...
    Isn't Marvel suggest that the writers read all the old comics they can to make justice to the characters that their are assigned to write??

BANNED

Hopefully the actual X-panel on Sunday, will help restore some faith. While they seem like nice guys, that interview was a bit demoralizing, I gotta say.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post

Ambivalence still reigns, and X-citement continues to wane.
    This is embarrassing.

This franchise is so screwed.