Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

So Im guessing no new books? Ill reserve judgement but Im not sure how I feel about this 10 week story format being more than a one time thing

BANNED

I was admittedly pretty stoked, when Marquez's MASSIVE, Disassembled teaser first dropped. But everything since, has decidedly left me less enthused. Still curious, just not as amped about it, as I initially was. Hopefully I'm wrong, and it'll be killer, we'll see.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Having said that... Nature Girl standing next to Storm, Jean, Magneto, and beardless Nightcrawler? Definitely an alternate reality.
    It bothers me that they chose Nature Girl over all the other great candidates to include among the seasoned X-Men. I would have LOVED to see Dust here instead.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    So this is a 10-part weekly story, just like Disassembled..
    Oof. After Uncanny, that's def not gonna be in the budget. It's unnecessary anyway, but honestly 5/6 issues would've been plenty. Where are they going with this? I know it's early days, but I can't predict any favorable outcome that's gonna hype up X-Men fans beyond this slew of events.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So I'm guessing no new books? Ill reserve judgement but I'm not sure how I feel about this 10 week story format being more than a one time thing
    Yeah I think they're gonna push it out until all these events are done with. I wonder if they're deliberately postponing. Maybe Editorial is waiting for a particular creative team to be available?? I don't think this format will work long-term, because it's much too busy IMO.
    X-Force, MMX, Domino & X-23 will continue I assume, but they're the only X-Men ongoings we know of outside of whatever Uncanny transitions into.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    I was admittedly pretty stoked, when Marquez's MASSIVE, Disassembled teaser first dropped. But everything since, has decidedly left me less enthused. Still curious, just not as amped about it, as I initially was. Hopefully I'm wrong, and it'll be killer, we'll see.
    I was really excited to see a bunch of X-Men we haven't seen much of in recent years get some decent panel time, but I've no idea what direction they're taking with the X-Men, and much of the usual suspects are still the leads. I went in with high expectations, but they're getting lower as time goes on.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I think the reason that this is another ten issue weekly is because it's part of the same story. I think Uncanny may just be the Flagship, telling these stories, while there are other titles floating around it. The article implies that this is a new title, but I see no proof of that. Instead I think it's going to be this alpha, eight issues in Uncanny, and then an omega issue. Then after that we'll get another Uncanny arc or something. We'll see.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I think the reason that this is another ten issue weekly is because it's part of the same story. I think Uncanny may just be the Flagship, telling these stories, while there are other titles floating around it. The article implies that this is a new title, but I see no proof of that. Instead I think it's going to be this alpha, eight issues in Uncanny, and then an omega issue. Then after that we'll get another Uncanny arc or something. We'll see.
    Okay, but as long as there are no other titles, and llike 80% of the X-Men are limbo'd as a result, it's understandable that people are annoyed that Marvel is prioritizing AU crap for the umpteenth time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    That would be a great idea. So we are getting more announcements. I'm starting to think the Hickman rumors may come true.
    whatttttt hickman? i'm down
    Thor: "I was flying through the cosmos, on my way to Midgard, when something struck me in the face. It was blood."

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Okay, but as long as there are no other titles, and llike 80% of the X-Men are limbo'd as a result, it's understandable that people are annoyed that Marvel is prioritizing AU crap for the umpteenth time.
    What I'm saying is that there will be side titles. Maybe not any other flagships than Uncanny, but we at least know that there's an X-Force and if they keep up this formula they can reasonably launch a few more teams than just whatever Uncanny is plugging at the time.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Id someone writes it, it does not have top be true.

There has been nowhere confirmed it will also be a 10 issues arc.

Let's see what they say at the Comic Con this weekend
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Let’s hope Nature Girl and Eye Boy are married!

I assumed Age was a story arc of Uncanny.

But its a seperate weekly series alongside Uncanny?
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    I assumed Age was a story arc of Uncanny.

But its a seperate weekly series alongside Uncanny?
    According to:

... this is a 10-part weekly story, just like Disassembled..
    ComicsBeat.com, Inside the Diamond Retailer Appreciation Breakfast
    ... After X-Men Disassembled, Age of X-Man is coming. It’s a(nother) 10 part weekly story.

Last edited by Heroine Addict; 10-05-2018 at 03:48 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    ... I was really excited to see a bunch of X-Men we haven't seen much of in recent years get some decent panel time, but I've no idea what direction they're taking with the X-Men, and much of the usual suspects are still the leads. I went in with high expectations, but they're getting lower as time goes on.
    My sentiments eXactly, with what we know, and have been shown.

So we have 20 consecutive weeks with these ''weekly event'' books. How many X-books do we have during that time? Is it like the original AoA where there was no other books during the event?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

So this is a 10-part weekly story, just like Disassembled..
    So...no X-Books for me in 2019.
    I do not support Marvel's X-Weekly runs...I collect too many other monthly books to financially invest in that cash-grab just for one franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    My sentiments eXactly, with what we know, and have been shown.
    I might be up for this, honestly, if:
    1) The lead-in from Disassembled actually manages to wow off the bat and maintain its momentum going into Age of X-Man
    2) We get some decent world-building. I tend to like the dynamic of superheroes in a low-tech setting, so if this is a high-fantasy or hippie-commune X-Men AU, I may well be tempted.
    3) They're doing something interesting with the characters I give half a damn about.

But those are some pretty big ifs.