Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Interesting. So are we getting another alternate reality situation? I would've thought that'd been covered between Age of Apocalypse and Age of X (both great storylines imo). I think the best part about all of this is more X-Man. He's the true mutant messiah (suck it Hope Summers)

For real though, I wonder where they're going with this. Maybe some version of AoA will make a comeback, or a writer will tackle a title set in some new reality. With Omega Level mutants like X-Man, Legion & Apocalypse in play, things are about to get a little wonky. Ha, maybe that Christina Strain/Kris Anka X-Man book will actually come into existence.

I wonder if Threnody or Madelyne Pryor will factor into this narrative at all

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Anyone else think he looks like alan moore
    I like to think that all shamans eventually look like Alan Moore, ceremonial magician.

But, yeah, I was struck by that resemblance too.

I will either be into this or ignore it. I'm not immediately thrilled by it, but it could turn out to be cool. If it is an AU, it seems an odd choice so soon in the relaunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’m excited. If Hickman takes over, Kelly & Rosenberg better get their own books. Astonishing and Mr. & Mrs. X are two of the best x-books I’ve read in such a long time.
    I would imagine Mr and Mrs X would continue. Since Kelly's already also on Jessica Jones, West Coast Avengers, and Captain Marvel, I wouldn't expect her on something else. Four books by one writer is probably the limit.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

looks like the big budget is there, so cool
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I would imagine Mr and Mrs X would continue. Since Kelly's already also on Jessica Jones, West Coast Avengers, and Captain Marvel, I wouldn't expect her on something else. Four books by one writer is probably the limit.
    I certainly hope so, or at the very least an X-team book of her own, if the title by committee is no longer going to be a thing.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    So...Instead of a glut of AU characters taking up space in the main verse that could be used by the characters that actually BELONG there, we're about to a complete AU altogether that's going to derail the books for an unknown length of time?
    No one said it was an au. Looks to me like Nate takes over the world. Continuing what he starts in Uncanny with his horseman. Doesnt seem like AOA to me
    X-Men Forever

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, the news that Kelly Thompson is doing Captain Marvel means I think we can safely say that unless Mr and Mrs X ends, she's not involved.

Hope, he's your uncle. It's not that complicated.
    Unless she leaves uncanny then she is involved.
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Why would you buy something you don’t like?
    Cause I buy everything. I’m a Sucka.

Mighty Member

Will this finally be an X-Men future/alt universe that doesn't look like a sucky hellhole?

Ha, X-Men and bad futures are just like characters and coming back from the dead.

Why is Marvel so obsessed with AU stories... 2019 doesn't look good for the X-Men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Will this finally be an X-Men future/alt universe that doesn't look like a sucky hellhole?
    We got one in All-New Wolverine that was a rare utopian future.

I wonder if this will be Marvel finally spinning the X-Men line off into its own universe, separate from other properties, as opposed to another AU.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

I'm not sure this is an AU situation. I know the "Age of..." title smacks of one, but that'd just be idiotic to start your big relaunch with an AU story. Doesn't mean they won't do it, of course, just that it'd be dumb.

As for me, I'm interested but cautious.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

BANNED

Am I the only one here who thinks that X-Man here refers to Cyclops?

This will be the return of Cyclops.....