Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    I'm not sure this is an AU situation. I know the "Age of..." title smacks of one, but that'd just be idiotic to start your big relaunch with an AU story. Doesn't mean they won't do it, of course, just that it'd be dumb.

As for me, I'm interested but cautious.
    I don't know. It looks like a mix of AoA and something like the Age of X thing we had a couple of years ago. The Age of X-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Am I the only one here who thinks that X-Man here refers to Cyclops?

This will be the return of Cyclops.....
    If Cyclops comes back with this event, it will be known as one of the most predictable thing ever lol.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Interesting. So are we getting another alternate reality situation? I would've thought that'd been covered between Age of Apocalypse and Age of X (both great storylines imo). I think the best part about all of this is more X-Man. He's the true mutant messiah (suck it Hope Summers)

For real though, I wonder where they're going with this. Maybe some version of AoA will make a comeback, or a writer will tackle a title set in some new reality. With Omega Level mutants like X-Man, Legion & Apocalypse in play, things are about to get a little wonky. Ha, maybe that Christina Strain/Kris Anka X-Man book will actually come into existence.

I wonder if Threnody or Madelyne Pryor will factor into this narrative at all
    If Threnody and Madelyne show up, then I will be a happy camper! Something needs to be done with Maddie. She gets resurrected only never to be seen again? How lame. There should be a clear direction for her that doesn't involve being a supervillainess for the sake of being one.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

hey... what was that IDW crap in the back?
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    hey... what was that IDW crap in the back?
    Looks like one of those collection reprints for X-Men.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm now convinced the "X-Man" in the new Uncanny X-Men book is actually Apocalypse who's taken possession of Nate Grey's body. He tried that before during the "Twelve" event and it would also explain the Poccy back-up running on the X-Men Black books that's reportedly important for "Disassembled". Plus "The Age of X-Man"? I think this one is staring at us right in the face.

All-New Member

Nice to see that Marvel is attempting to undo the damage they've done to the X-Men brand.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I'm now convinced the "X-Man" in the new Uncanny X-Men book is actually Apocalypse who's taken possession of Nate Grey's body. He tried that before during the "Twelve" event and it would also explain the Poccy back-up running on the X-Men Black books that's reportedly important for "Disassembled". Plus "The Age of X-Man"? I think this one is staring at us right in the face.
    Good theory. Very possible. Plus 4 new horseman in Uncanny.

Nate Grey or Cable. Problem with nate grey, he was such a good 90s character but Marvel has found it difficult to place him among the millennium stars.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonage2ftw View Post
    Nice to see that Marvel is attempting to undo the damage they've done to the X-Men brand.
    Ummmm,how?

BANNED

That's not gonna go well with people.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Wow! 3 consecutive events to ignore!
    Yet here you are?

You convinced me

It's neat to see you bring this up. We've been discussing this theory over in the Angel thread for the past few pages, and now I have to say that you might be right. We even thought that maybe Nate had been duped by Apocalypse. We had come up with the idea based on Blob and Omega Red being on the team. Then we changed our minds because we thought that Pixie, Glob, Rockslide, and Armor would be Apocalypses' new horseman.

And those of us who post in the thread talked ourselves out of the idea in part just because we didn't want to read another Archangel becomes an evil Horseman story. Looks like we were wrong. I still hope that Angel isn't doing another Horseman rehash story.

Really strange turn of events, classic Cable is killed by a younger version of himself, Apocalypse is turning into a human, X-Man is having another Shaman moment and both Stryfe and Sinister are mysteriously absent. Something isn't right here

I like your theory psylurker! If Apocalypse finally managed to take over X-Man body that would explain why Nate has his own horsemen now. Still if that's case I would have preferred to have the classic Cable going up against an "evil" Nate controlled by Apocalypse.

A fight between Cable and X-Man is always entertaining:

Although Bishop vs X-Man could be interesting too!

BANNED

But isn't Apoc...Ethan now? He's been living/training with the Xmen and isn't the evil incarnate he used to be.