Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I really love Yat. His missing-in-action status after the pre-Blackest Night stuff was really, gorgeously built upon in the Jensen run. God that's probably still my favorite run of GLC - and I adore the Johns/Tomasi era.

It'd take a pretty big deal for him to come out of retirement though, yeah?
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    For some reason today, I thought I'd throw a little spotlight on:
    SODAM YAT
    BIO: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/sodam-yat/4005-46185/
    Attachment 72443
    Daxamite. Green Lantern. Ion. Created by Alan Moore... not bad.
    I sometimes forget he's still alive.

Not because I dislike it (far from it), it's just been so long since he's done anything .

Mighty Member

Ahhh... Highlight for minor/relevant Green Lanterns 57 spoilers: Sodam Yat showed up in GLs 57 completely unexplained

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    Ahhh... Highlight for minor/relevant Green Lanterns 57 spoilers: Sodam Yat showed up in GLs 57 completely unexplained
    haven't bought that issue yet.. although got the feeling it was a bit rushed reading from the comments in the hal jordan board.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    haven't bought that issue yet.. although got the feeling it was a bit rushed reading from the comments in the hal jordan board.
    I wouldn't say it's rushed, it was a solid issue and it does set up some things for the future. However, it kinda felt too much like a nostalgia trip for me. That being said, aside from the opener, Sodam's moment was definitely the highlight for me.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Question Green Lantern fans: How would you feel about them taking some of the Earth Lanterns and divvying them up to other corps? It doesn't have to be whittled down to only one lantern but how do you feel about the idea and who would you assign to what corp?
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Question Green Lantern fans: How would you feel about them taking some of the Earth Lanterns and divvying them up to other corps? It doesn't have to be whittled down to only one lantern but how do you feel about the idea and who would you assign to what corp?
    They've dabbled with that a bit when Guy became a Red Lantern and grew that ridiculous moustache while Kyle was the White Lantern.

I don't think it's necessarily a bad idea for extended periods, but these characters always end up being reset to their factory settings sooner or later

One of them should be change to Blue because I think that is other Lantern corps that is well suited to hero. I see it as way to break out of the Hal Jordan shadow so I would lean to making John Stewart "THE Blue Lantern" and he would be special as blue lantern because it would create construct all the time ignoring the blue lantern weakness with silly reasoning "he has so much willpower he his hope always work". Making to many of earth Lanterns other Lanterns seems counterproductive so I think only one should get that change. I am fine with John or Kyle being Blue.

Mighty Member

It's fun as a temporary thing like when Guy was red but ultimately I prefer them all Green. They've earned it! Although I would not be terribly sad if they moved Simon to Blue, I think that fits with his healing ability. I always thought Jessica would be more interesting to me if she'd tamed and kept the Power Ring too.

Guy as a Red Lantern and Kyle as White Lantern both made sense to me. Guy had already gone through different iterations, between having Sinestro's yellow ring then becoming Warrior with his Vuldarian powers. Before "Rebirth" he hadn't been a GL in a very long time. Kyle as unique also made sense since he was meant to be unique when he was GL. His journey from Torch-bearer, to Ion to White Lantern made sense to me and it satisfied Daniel's prophecy that Kyle would accomplish more than Hal. It also maintains what made Kyle likeable, which is that he's the "regular guy" thrown into these giant cosmic adventures. Kyle was saddled with "permanent newbie" status for awhile because at a certain point, his world never got bigger which meant he wasn't allowed to grow. If you expand his world as White Lantern, he can still have shown growth over his time as a GL but still be a "regular guy" put into the greater context of being a White Lantern, beyond what most GL's have experienced.

John doesn't seem to really fit any of the other colors in my mind. If anything, maybe he'd get tired of the Guardians and actually take over the Darkstars for good and steer them the way he thinks they should go free of Guardian or Controller intervention.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Guy as a Red Lantern and Kyle as White Lantern both made sense to me. Guy had already gone through different iterations, between having Sinestro's yellow ring then becoming Warrior with his Vuldarian powers. Before "Rebirth" he hadn't been a GL in a very long time. Kyle as unique also made sense since he was meant to be unique when he was GL. His journey from Torch-bearer, to Ion to White Lantern made sense to me and it satisfied Daniel's prophecy that Kyle would accomplish more than Hal. It also maintains what made Kyle likeable, which is that he's the "regular guy" thrown into these giant cosmic adventures. Kyle was saddled with "permanent newbie" status for awhile because at a certain point, his world never got bigger which meant he wasn't allowed to grow. If you expand his world as White Lantern, he can still have shown growth over his time as a GL but still be a "regular guy" put into the greater context of being a White Lantern, beyond what most GL's have experienced.

John doesn't seem to really fit any of the other colors in my mind. If anything, maybe he'd get tired of the Guardians and actually take over the Darkstars for good and steer them the way he thinks they should go free of Guardian or Controller intervention.
    I hate the Darkstars, John doesn't deserve that kind of fate. If they took him away from the Green Lantern corp I'd just have him be the master of the Invisible Spectrum and operate as a singular entity in the DC cosmic landscape kinda similar to Kyle as the White Lantern. Or (the lazy route) have him lead the indigo tribe as penance for Xanshi since so many writers can't let him move passed that.

I think Jess and Simon back as a duo but with one of them as a blue lantern would be a cool dynamic.

currently following:

I think it would be interesting for a story (like that last arc during the pre-Flashpoing GL where the four Earth Lanterns each took on a different Corps. ring), although at this point I'm not sure how much mileage they could get out of it unless it was with a character with their own solo book or in a GLC book where they were the star.

I would probably divvy it up like this:

Hal - Green

John - Indigo

Guy - Red

Kyle - White

Simon - Blue

Jessica - Yellow

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it would be interesting for a story (like that last arc during the pre-Flashpoing GL where the four Earth Lanterns each took on a different Corps. ring), although at this point I'm not sure how much mileage they could get out of it unless it was with a character with their own solo book or in a GLC book where they were the star.

I would probably divvy it up like this:

Hal - Green

John - Indigo

Guy - Red

Kyle - White

Simon - Blue

Jessica - Yellow
    Hmm Jess in Yellow is an odd choice, why'd you chose that one? I would think John and Jess (I guess Hal too) are the ones best suited for Green due to their personalities. John due to his sheer discipline and resolve to do what's best, and Jess due to her ability to overcome her crippling anxiety and personal trauma. Simon being her Blue Lantern partner would make sense due to his role in helping her get to where she is. To me, Jess doesn't really come off to as a person who instills great fear. I think Hal would be best suited to Yellow. Someone who is become increasingly characterized as doing impossible things would surely inspire awe and admiration (as is usually how DC depicts it) but also a **** ton of fear; especially with his history as Parallax.

currently following:

I'd send Guy back to the Reds in a heartbeat. I loved Soule's run on the title and I thought "retired space cop joins space biker gang" fit Guy so damn well I hoped DC would never reverse it.

I think Kyle could work as a Blue, if it was played right. Kyle, I think, works best as an Everyman on earth. I love his status in the Corps, I love how respected he is, and the fact that he survived Hal's return, and survives still, is a small miracle. But Kyle being in space just doesn't work for me. I want him on earth, struggling with his career and women and trying to have a regular life on top of being a Lantern. And I think if they got back to that, it wouldn't much matter what color ring Kyle was wearing. But please, no super special snowflake Lantern identity for Kyle; he doesn't have to be unique in the universe, probably shouldn't be, and after carrying the Guardians' torch for a dozen years on his own (well, with John's help) he deserves to be surrounded by a brotherhood. Honor Guard is special enough, Kyle doesn't have to be the white Lantern or Ion or any of that.

I do think there's a way to get Hal back in yellow that doesn't completely ruin his character, and keeps him as a hero.....but I don't think anyone would give it a chance to prove itself.

John.....I honestly can't see John as anything other than green. Nothing else fits. Man just goes to work and gets the job done, yknow?

Jessica and Simon, I can't really say. I don't feel like I got a strong enough handle on them to know what might fit.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Not yet a fan, but will become a fan if they do that, because I'm interested in the color corps more than I'm interested in the various Green Lanterns because they all have the same powers lumped in one group while we have these various corps with their own quirks.

I really like what I saw from Guy Red Lantern, and dividing them in various corps will satisfy my need for variation.

Now my wallet is another question.