This might crash and burn, but I'd like to give this a shot. Is it possible to have an appreciation thread for Green Lantern that isn't specifically about any one GL? I dunno, I'm not sure if that's something people are interested in, but I would certainly like a place to chat about one of my favorite DC properties without feeling the need to make it specifically about either Alan or Hal or John or Kyle or Jessica or whomever without it devolving into a list of grievances or pissing contests over who is better.

I like ALL the Green Lanterns. I don't like them all equally, but I would read about any of them if the creative team and stories were good enough. Conversely, I would just as quickly stop reading them if they were not, as I have and will no doubt do again.

Here's the ground rules for this thread that I hope we can all abide by:

1) This is a place for people who like Green Lantern, not for fans of one or two particular characters, but who strongly dislike others. This thread is not for you.

2) You don't have to be completely enthusiastic about every GL either, but you need to be respectful and kind towards those who don't share your specific taste. We can certainly debate over who is most awesome and tease each other's favorites in jest, but, if you ever find yourself taking it too serious, please move on. This thread is not for that.

3) This is not the place to argue over how much or little attention either Alan, Hal, John, Guy, Kyle, Simon, nor Jessica are currently getting. This thread is not about that.

4) Discussions of all the various alien GLs like Kilowog, Arisia, Ch'p and the rest are not only appropriate, but encouraged. GL-centric characters like Jade, Obsidian, and the Darkstars are also fair game. This thread is not just about the main GLs of Earth. It's about Green Lantern. All of 'em.

5) That's it. The main thing is, don't be douche. If you suspect you might be acting like a douche, please take a breath and stop. This thread is not for that.

Okay. Step one. Please list off your favorite Green Lanterns, why you like them and give one example that best shows what's awesome about them.

Thanks for your time.