Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Guy and Ice would be wonderful but I'm hoping for a Hal and Carol story, they haven't had any romance in years

Well, it seemed like Hal and Carol were back together at the end of Hal n'Pals, but he seems not to be attached in Morrison's series so I guess this is where they break up again....?

Different subject, but did anyone read that last issue of "Supergirl" that featured the GLC? Did the GLC have a significant role or were they just there for S-girl to beat up on? Which Corps members were featured?

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    Guy and Ice would be wonderful but I'm hoping for a Hal and Carol story, they haven't had any romance in years
    I thought about Guy and Ice but they didn't seem like the type for a "space romance," granted we also have Superman in there and I expect Lois to be in that story, so you never know...

I'd love it be Hal and Carol too, but I'm not sure if we'll see anything with them until Morrison re-introduces Carol.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Well, it seemed like Hal and Carol were back together at the end of Hal n'Pals, but he seems not to be attached in Morrison's series so I guess this is where they break up again....?

Different subject, but did anyone read that last issue of "Supergirl" that featured the GLC? Did the GLC have a significant role or were they just there for S-girl to beat up on? Which Corps members were featured?
    The issue was mainly them chasing her around, her saying she can't explain why she's doing what she's doing, they fight, she's captured, she escapes. It was kinda frustrating and felt hella forced. John was there and Kyle was there and some if the aliens lanterns obviously. Mogo ultimately helps her escape the planet.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Whilst I know there's already a robot GL I'm legitimately surprised DC never realised how popular the GL Optimus Prime idea is (if you ever see the art its often the most mentioned thing) and made their own homage with a 'Shapeshiting robot from a world divided by civil war'

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    There'll be a GL in the next Valentine's Day special, wonder which one
    My money's on Jessica. I want it to be a surprise. Having Hal or Kyle or Guy or any Green Lantern who's had long past romantic history with other characters before is too predictable.

Actually, I'd love for someone to take the opportunity to show a love story from a totally different alien culture using some other GL. I always thought Mogo and the Puffball Collective would make a cute couple....

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Whilst I know there's already a robot GL I'm legitimately surprised DC never realised how popular the GL Optimus Prime idea is (if you ever see the art its often the most mentioned thing) and made their own homage with a 'Shapeshiting robot from a world divided by civil war'
    Speaking of robot GLs...
    STEL
    http://dcuguide.com/w/Stel
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/stel/4005-47279/
    1218283-5297_2013_5778_1_green_lantern_super.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    He's been around a long time, trained under Sinestro, was the Corps Drill Sargent and been taken apart almost as many times as the Red Tornado. He can do it all except turn into an 18-wheeler!
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 10-16-2018 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    My money's on Jessica. I want it to be a surprise. Having Hal or Kyle or Guy or any Green Lantern who's had long past romantic history with other characters before is too predictable.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they use either Simon or Jessica since both have underdeveloped love lives that would probably offer more freedom in a story like this.

Speaking of robot GLs...
    STEL
    http://dcuguide.com/w/Stel
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/stel/4005-47279/
    1218283-5297_2013_5778_1_green_lantern_super.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    He's been around a long time, trained under Sinestro, was the Corps Drill Sargent and been taken apart almost as many times as the Red Tornado. He can do it all except turn into an 18-wheeler!
    that's what's missing in the toy shelves i think. a transformer green lantern mash up. i'd be all over that when that happens.

I want a Play-Do Flodo Span GL toy. Ooh! And a Medphyll Chia head! And a Ch'p Beanie baby! Santa.....!!

For some reason today, I thought I'd throw a little spotlight on:
    SODAM YAT
    BIO: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/sodam-yat/4005-46185/
    Green-Lantern-Sodam-Yat.jpg
    Daxamite. Green Lantern. Ion. Created by Alan Moore... not bad.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 10-17-2018 at 08:05 AM.

Incredible Member

SODAM YAT
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/sodam-yat/4005-46185/
    That is such a coincidence...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    As long as it's not Kyle and Carol .
    Hal & Carol feels a little too on the nose. If you're thinking space romance they gotta be in like the top 3 couples if not #1. It would make sense though, if DC was actually planning things out. Morrison's run will be under way and this would maybe drum up some buzz. Anyone know if this is some kind of new talent showcase one shot? If so, then anything can happen. (Like that nightmare from the first showcase where Carol was supposedly pregnant with Kyles baby)
    Save Ferris...

SODAM YAT
    BIO: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/sodam-yat/4005-46185/
    I liked how Van Jensen brought him back and gave him a role. It was awesome.