Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

What they did to Soranik was criminal. Hopefully they fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post

Which is kind of funny since they basically turned her into a criminal .

But yeah, probably my biggest disappointment with Venditti is that he never resolved what the heck happened with Soranik.

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    Of course you disagree since you wrote that let's hate hal bait thread
    Ok

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Which is kind of funny since they basically turned her into a criminal .

But yeah, probably my biggest disappointment with Venditti is that he never resolved what the heck happened with Soranik.
    Even though it wasn't resolved with Venditti. Hopefully it gets resolved soon. That's a terrible direction for her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bored at 3:00am View Post
    this might crash and burn,
    no chance!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    100% agree. Aside from the whole 'going crazy because of men problems' trope, the whole thing is a ridiculous paradox. Hers and Kyle's kid comes back which results in her losing it and hating Kyle. But if Kyle and her aren't together then they can't have the kid. If they don't have the kid, then who went back in time and made her crazy? Motherf#@kin paradox, that's who.
    Save Ferris...

BANNED

I think the sora thing was a mind control thing it was really ooc for her

Do we want to see Soranik back in the green or is she more interesting as leader of the yellows, taking over for her father? Before she lost it, I liked her role as leader of the Sin Corps and trying to harness their powers for good in some way. It certainly made her stand out more than the other corps members besides relegating her as the go-to medic on the team.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Do we want to see Soranik back in the green or is she more interesting as leader of the yellows, taking over for her father? Before she lost it, I liked her role as leader of the Sin Corps and trying to harness their powers for good in some way. It certainly made her stand out more than the other corps members besides relegating her as the go-to medic on the team.
    I love the medic aspect of her. She was like the head doctor. Plus I liked her relationship with Iolande.

I mean, I think it was interesting to see her trying to turn the Sinestro Corps. into a legitimate force for good, but long-term it was probably never going to work (I mean, they have Sinestro in their name).

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    Of course you disagree since you wrote that let's hate hal bait thread
    This thread is not for that. Please stop. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Good luck with that

I personally disagree with the first rule. There's nothing wrong at all for a fan liking one or two Green Lantern characters. It certainly doesn't make them any less of a Green Lantern fan than a fan of a whole bunch of Green Lantern characters. They should just appreciate the couple of Green Lantern characters they like and keep the ones who they strongly dislike to themselves.
    Feel free to disagree all you want. Nobody has said that it is wrong it only like one or two GL characters or less of a fan. However, there are other threads specifically designed for love of exclusively one GL character respectively. This thread is not that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Feel free to disagree all you want. Nobody has said that it is wrong it only like one or two GL characters or less of a fan. However, there are other threads specifically designed for love of exclusively one GL character respectively. This thread is not that.
    You didn't say just one GL character, though. All I said was that a fan could appreciate the character they like, no matter the character or how many they like or not. That's it.

Anyways, it's your rule. I just thought I could make a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, I think it was interesting to see her trying to turn the Sinestro Corps. into a legitimate force for good, but long-term it was probably never going to work (I mean, they have Sinestro in their name).
    I agree. I think having Soranik try to turn her father's Corps into something better was an interesting one, but Venditti was juggling too many other things and trying to keep too many different kinds of fans happy to really do the concept justice.

If Soranik does return to the GLCorps, I'd rather she doesn't become yet another of Kyle's many, many girlfriends (or Hal's or John's for that matter). Nothing wrong with romance, but I find it a little tiresome that some of the most prominent female GL-centric characters tend to just get shoved in the ______'s girlfriend box and then nothing else is really done with them except to react to their male romantic interests or serve as a plot point that that male character has to save.

When I had to seriously think about which Jade stories would be a good place to start and my formidable nerd brain couldn't think of anything that didn't involve either Alan or Kyle or Jack Knight being primary star, that's a sign that these female characters need more agency. And I love Jade as a character. When I describe her to people who are curious about Green Lantern, she almost always gets the biggest reaction. There's so much potential there.

I think this is one of the things that works best about Jessica Cruz. Not only is she the living embodiment of Geoff John's entire concept of overcoming your fears, she has not yet been defined by a romantic relationship with a more prominent male superhero. Thankfully, the half-hearted attempts to create something between her and Baz, her and Barry and her and Batman have all died a swift death.

I have high hopes for Jessica in Justice League Odyssey. That title looks to be a great showcase for her.

Any word yet on where Guy & Baz are going to end up?

John's going to be the one of the main leads of Justice League, along with J'Onn & Hawkgirl.

Hal is headlining Morrison & Sharp's The Green Lantern.

Kyle's going to be taking over Nightwing's spot in Titans, reuniting him with Donna Troy.

And Jessica is in Justice League Odyssey as the GL of the Ghost Sector.

Guy's slated for a guest spot in Damage, serving as the League's GL (looks like DC's finally decided to go with the rotating GLs on the League idea. John's the main guy, but Hal, Guy, Jessica, Simon and Kyle are still League members who serve regularly on JL missions)

Simon had a cameo in JLO to chat with Jess.

With both Guy & Simon unaccounted for, that might mean that those two could be paired up as the resident Earth GLs that appear whenever the GLCorps show up. That's an odd pairing because, to my eyes at least, Guy & Simon are the most similar of the Earth GLs. They are both blue collar guys with a chip on their shoulder for the hard knocks the world has handed them. This strikes me as a similar situation that the late great Law & Order (the original, not SVU) found itself in when they tried to pair up the younger Detective Logan with older Detective Briscoe and then soon realized they were essentially the same character, but at different points in their lives and that made bouncing them off each other difficult. I suspect they might have the same problem with a Simon & Guy pairing.

However, I could be completely wrong and a Guy/Simon pairing will help further distinguish the two from each other.

Incredible Member

I don't think she could really control a corps of the most vicious villains in the Universe. She will have to use an iron hand to do that. She is a doctor. She heals people, not hurts them. I would like to see her back as Green. But I also like her interaction with her father. I guess the best period to me is when she worked as a Green Lantern in Sinestro Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    You didn't say just one GL character, though. All I said was that a fan could appreciate the character they like, no matter the character or how many they like or not. That's it.

Anyways, it's your rule. I just thought I could make a suggestion.
    Ok, could you please explain your issue with the rule again? Maybe I'm just misunderstanding you. Here's the rule again.

1) This is a place for people who like Green Lantern, not for fans of one or two particular characters, but who strongly dislike others. This thread is not for you.

If I am understanding your concern, you want to contribute the thread to show your love of John, Katma or other GL characters, while still continuing to strongly dislike Hal Jordan, correct? If you can do that without dragging any of that hate and negativity into this thread, go right ahead, but rule #5 must be sacrosanct and obeyed above all other rules.

5) That's it. The main thing is, don't be douche. If you suspect you might be acting like a douche, please take a breath and stop. This thread is not for that.

If anyone thinks they can bend rule #1 ever so slightly without breaking rule #5, be my guest, but please tread lightly and I thank you all for your help in helping keep this place a fun and inclusive appreciation thread that all Green Lantern fans that enjoy without fear of getting nerd monkey poop hurled at them for not liking the exact same flavor of GL ice cream as they do.