Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I've heard some disparaging stuff about King's Batman work, but have only read a short Joker story in a giveaway book which I did like. I'm loving Mister Miracle and am sitting on Omega Men so my King love is still strong.
    His Batman stuff is mostly pretty great. I read Omega Men recently, and it lives up to the hype.

Mister Miracle is just brilliant.

Tomorrow's expected haul. It's an unsually big list, but with some weeks of 1 or 2 books, I'm entitled, aren't I?

HEY KIDS COMICS #4 (The history of comic book creators through the ren of Howard Chaykin.)
    MAGE HERO DENIED #13 (The epic adventure by Matt Wagner nearing its conclusion.)
    FANTASTIC FOUR #648 (Does Marvel still publish this? You'd never know.)
    UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL #38 (IMHO, the best book marvel publishes right now.)
    MISTER MIRACLE #12 (wow)
    LOVE & ROCKETS MAGAZINE #6 (Hopefully. It's not on Diamond's new releases list, but it is listed as coming out on the 14th)

This has been a look into the likes I have. None of which I'd give a **** about if it wasn't for Stanley Lieber. Thank you, Stan, for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    MISTER MIRACLE #12 (wow)
    I can't wait to read it, but I don't want it to be over!

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Ditto.

While I know it was probably intended to be something with a concrete ending, it's a little bit of a bummer to think that this stretch of story/character might just wind up another thing that gets lost in the shuffle.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    It is truly something extraordinary. The combination of Kirby's crazy ideas, cosmic empires, marital issues, and JLI humor combines with multi-faceted art and mature concepts for something we rarely see.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Ditto.

While I know it was probably intended to be something with a concrete ending, it's a little bit of a bummer to think that this stretch of story/character might just wind up another thing that gets lost in the shuffle.
    I really don't want to see this shoehorned into Heroes in Crisis. I'd be very happy with a reset button at the end and an effectively non-canonical story told for no other reason other than it's a good story.

Invincible Member

I wasn't able to buy comics until yesterday after work...

Plastic Man #6
    House of Whispers #3
    Hawkman#6
    Catwoman #5
    Avengers #10
    Uncanny X-Men #10
    Fantastic Four #3
    Jook Joint #2
    Hey Kids Comics #4
    Gideon Falls #8
    Cemetery Beach #3
    Bitter Root #1

Because I love talking about myself...

DR. STRANGE #8 (Probably my second biggest Marvel franchise. When it comes right down to it, I am a superhero fanboy with my special friends.)
    24 PANELS TP (I'm also a sucker for benefit comics and even though the fire victims being supported aren't real well known in the US, the appeal of the variety of talent and what will be done with the format appeals to me. Hopefully my LCS gets this. Or there's Amazon.)
    LOVE & ROCKETS MAGAZINE #6 (OK, maybe I'm not a total superhero fanboy. But I do complain come Eisner time when Los Bros Hernandez split the voting between them.)

Invincible Member

Ok, so for this week's comics

Wonder Woman #58
    Days of Hate #10
    Middlewest #1
    Black Hammer #7
    Night Moves #1
    Shadow Man#9
    Shuri#2
    West Coast Avenger #4
    American Carnage #1
    Cover #3
    Pearl #4
    Love and Rockets #6

As November draws to a close...

HEROES IN CRISIS #3 (The jury is still out on this for me, but it's maintaining a place on my pull list.)
    FANTASTIC FOUR #649 (There really wasn't a question about this, was there?)
    MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE #12 (Where FF goes, M2iO will follow.)
    STRAY BULLETS SUNSHINE & ROSES #40 (Sometimes you need characters who don't dress in capes and spandex.)

Winter is now here. Well, December anyway. Here's what;'s in the pull box this week.

DOOMSDAY CLOCK #8 (yes, I am a continuity fanboy)
    THE GREEN LANTERN #2 (yes, I am a Grant Morrison fanboy)
    DR. STRANGE #9 (yes, I am... I am cerebral and read deeper stuff, yeah, that's it. deeper stuff)
    PAPER GIRLS, VOL. 5 TP (and my tradewaiting of this series has proven entertaining. I also like the interlocking covers of the trades. nice touch there.)
    "

HEY KIDS COMICS #5 (There's been some discussion about this series on the Image board, but with the interest in the more historic role of comics, I find it surprising this isn't bigger than it is. Is it a Howard Chaykin thing? His style is somewhat polarizing and although I love his work, I can see where others might feel differently. Chaykin is Toto showing us the little man behind the curtain and it's not what we expected.)
    MAGE HERO DENIED #14 (One of those books I read that's an independent, but is fairly popular with the superhero crowd. It's also a "get off my lawn" old book.)
    FANTASTIC FOUR WEDDING SPECIAL #1 (I'm an FF fanboy. Have been for almost fifty years. But damn, it needs to be kicked into the 21st century. So many other books have caught up to it that it's no longer head and shoulders above the rest.)
    UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL #39 (Seriously, the best book Marvel puts out. It's an amazing mix of light-hearted adventure fo all ages and a plethora of jokes that only oldtime comic fans will appreciate. It laugh WITH us, not AT us and this hobby we all share.)

That was this week's take for this Wednesday Warrior. What's yours?