Thread: BPRD - the end.

Default BPRD - the end.

News out today, BPRD: The Devil you know #15 will be the last issue for BPRD.

https://comicbook.com/comics/2018/10...e-end-of-bprd/

SPOILERS in the link above!

Series like Hellboy & the BPRD will continue.
    “Don't mess with me, lady. I've been drinking with skeletons.” -- Hellboy.
    “Dude, you’re embarrassing me in front of the Wizards.” -- Tony Stark.

Incredible Member

Mignola seems to be tired of the whole thing. He very suddenly rushed the ending of Hellboy in Hell and is now doing the same with BPRD (I think everyone expected The Devil You Know to run like 70 issues not 15).

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    Mignola seems to be tired of the whole thing. He very suddenly rushed the ending of Hellboy in Hell and is now doing the same with BPRD (I think everyone expected The Devil You Know to run like 70 issues not 15).
    I thought they were finishing and it would be 12-15.

When they say BPRD will continue, do they mean past the end of The Devil You Know, or more stories from the past like BPRD 1952....?

(I don't want to read the article if there are spoilers)
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I thought they were finishing and it would be 12-15.

When they say BPRD will continue, do they mean past the end of The Devil You Know, or more stories from the past like BPRD 1952....?

(I don't want to read the article if there are spoilers)
    No, BPRD ends with 15 but they said that the current companion title, Hellboy and the BPRD, will continue.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    No, BPRD ends with 15 but they said that the current companion title, Hellboy and the BPRD, will continue.
    Thanks, I read that as two books, I see they meant the one title.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

All-New Member

Fortunately there is still a lot to fill in such as that incident in China but still it is rather sad that this series is over. I wonder if there will be any stories set after it.
    Like others here I am also rather surprised how short this cycle was if you compare it to the Frog one and the Hell on Earth one. The series seems really rather quickly resolved and I do worry that some plot points will never get a proper explanation.

I'm hoping they go back and tell some more personalized Hell on Earth tales, tackle some of the other weird things going on like what the heck was that vampire fungus stuff?

Fantastic Member

That’s totally covered by the current and previous stories, right? Am I missing something? The Ogdru’s gloomed up all the buried vampires with fungus and made them all gross in a similar (but different) way as their fungus makes regular human folks all gross. The vampires have been treated as a big cosmic joke. Maybe we’ll get more information from a second BPRD Vampire book.

i'm guessing this will turn into some sort of 'BPRD - Hollow Earth' series

hoping at least, can't imagine a world with no BPRD comics

Quote Originally Posted by zerodemon View Post
    That’s totally covered by the current and previous stories, right? Am I missing something? The Ogdru’s gloomed up all the buried vampires with fungus and made them all gross in a similar (but different) way as their fungus makes regular human folks all gross. The vampires have been treated as a big cosmic joke. Maybe we’ll get more information from a second BPRD Vampire book.
    Yes the vampire's plan turned out to be a huge fail, I will have to re-read those issues about the vampire fungus. Regardless there are still mysteries about the Black Flame, Eris, and Sherman's power that persist. What is the true nature of vril?

I think BPRD:Hollow Earth sounds awesome.