Default Has anyone read Gotham Central? Thoughts?

Hi all! Heard a lot of good things about the series and planning of picking this up. What are your thoughts about it? Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by theboychild View Post
    Hi all! Heard a lot of good things about the series and planning of picking this up. What are your thoughts about it? Cheers!
    If memory serves me right, there a few threads on the series over in the Batman section of the Forum (https://community.cbr.com/forumdisplay.php?9-Batman).

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

And yes, it's a GREAT series. If you can get your hands on the issues, do it. It's well worth your while.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Mighty Member

Highest possible recommendation. Engrossing and inventive stories, very atmospheric and tone setting art... It's fantastic. It's the kind of series that makes you ask "Why hasn't this already happened"? It takes you into the world of a police department that has to deal with regular crime as well as super crime. We see the havoc and fallout that super villains (and super heroes) cause. Perfect blend of character driven stories with clever and hard hitting plots. It has mystery, suspense, noir, classic police stories...

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

The first two volumes are excellent. The third gets kind of slow and the fourth ends on a bad note IMO.
    Assassinate Putin!

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Despite the sudden ending, it's one of the greatest DC books ever. Rucka, Brubaker and Lark in top form in a series with a briliant premise, unforgettable characters and some serious emotional gut punches.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

One of the GOAT storylines. Helps humanize the GCPD and shows they’re not just cannon fodder for Joker.