Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Default Bendis teases big DC news this weekend (NYCC announcements?!)

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...18967994159106'

"There are some VERY passionate corners of the @DCComics fandom that are going to lose their minds this week and they don’t even know it yet😘💥"

I'm guessing this hint has to be directed at Legion of Superheroes right, but what else?

Considering Meltzer's response of "about time" its gotta be something that's been on the shelf a while. So probably Legion or JSA news.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Considering Meltzer's response of "about time" its gotta be something that's been on the shelf a while. So probably Legion or JSA news.
    yep, though I figured the JSA announcement would be saved for Geoff John's imprint, either way it's exciting to see these books finally happening.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    yep, though I figured the JSA announcement would be saved for Geoff John's imprint, either way it's exciting to see these books finally happening.
    As much as I love Geoff Johns' JSA, does he have anything left to say with them? He wrote or co-wrote over 100 issues of those guys. I would welcome him back, but I'm also happy to see a new creative team handle the world's first superhero team.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    As much as I love Geoff Johns' JSA, does he have anything left to say with them? He wrote or co-wrote over 100 issues of those guys. I would welcome him back, but I'm also happy to see a new creative team handle the world's first superhero team.
    Well the idea of these imprints is for them to be creator curated, not written. Bendis won't be writing every book on his imprint, just coming up with ideas for the line. Same way the young animal imprint works.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    If Meltzer was using a play on words, and the announcement is about (concerning) time, then Legion of Super-Heroes would be a good guess. I would much prefer a new Legion series to a JSA one, and Doomsday Clock does deal with both sets of characters, so maybe now is the time to announce a Legion series that would debut next year.

My Guesses:
    Returns:
    The Legion
    Superboy (Connor)

And a Question Ongoing
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

I initially thought it was a line wide super-book event that people were speculating about the superman forums.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I initially thought it was a line wide super-book event that people were speculating about the superman forums.
    Bendis is probably staying away from events for a while.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Well the idea of these imprints is for them to be creator curated, not written. Bendis won't be writing every book on his imprint, just coming up with ideas for the line. Same way the young animal imprint works.
    That's actually great to hear! Well now I'm hoping that's what will happen full stop.

Pretty niche in comparison to the other titles people are mentioning in the this thread so far, but I really hope Kate Spencer is among those getting a nod this weekend. I believe Bendis hinted at her coming back soon once before, so perhaps DC are finally ready to make the announcement. If so, here's hoping that Marc Andreyko is the one writing her.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Pretty niche in comparison to the other titles people are mentioning in the this thread so far, but I really hope Kate Spencer is among those getting a nod this weekend. I believe Bendis hinted at her coming back soon once before, so perhaps DC are finally ready to make the announcement. If so, here's hoping that Marc Andreyko is the one writing her.
    Oh yes love me some Kate. She should be bigger in the DCU since she deals with metahumans.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Oh yes love me some Kate. She should be bigger in the DCU since she deals with metahumans.

Kate has been appearing in Green Arrow for quite a bit. And they strongly hint at her Manhunter persona.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Kate has been appearing in Green Arrow for quite a bit. And they strongly hint at her Manhunter persona.
    .I actually remember Bendis bringing her up on twitter as if she hasn't appeared at all and fans corrected him about that, don't remember if he responded to any of them, but if Kate returns for his imprint, it'll likely be out of continuity anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Johns has said he has no interest in going back to franchises he’s already covered, which I’m fine with. I don’t want him to end up like Wolfman, getting dragged back to write characters he was famous for writing once upon a time. He’s done with JL, JSA, Superman, GL, and Flash.