Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I had 20 minutes to spare:

This is the meme Gotham deserves. I love it so much.

BANNED

I wonder if doomsday is ever going to have a female version...

Orion, Big Barda, and Darkseid each have a Mother Box as standard equipment. Any of them can Boom Tube an opponent out of this fight, especially a big target like Tyrant.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    This is the meme Gotham deserves. I love it so much.
    Psst... Captain! How do we view the validity of DD's rampage across the GLC here?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I had 20 minutes to spare:

Good one! Très awesome!
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Psst... Captain! How do we view the validity of DD's rampage across the GLC here?

Eh. I kind of want to dismiss it. But there's two big factors going. The first is that these were the years Doomsday was written at a higher capacity than he maybe ever has. And the other thing is the nature of GL rings. Their tagline has always been "limited only by the wearer's will and imagination. Typically, the most will we have seen pored into the rings has been the human Lanterns, and even Kyle as an upper limit really shouldn't be scratching the paint on a Guardian. But hypothetically a creature could have greater will power than Kyle/Hal/Mogo/whoever, and therefore get significantly more mileage out of it. And the rings have a pretty damn good history of stacking with existing class 100s, so if you accept that Doomsday gutted the first Lantern by surprise, was a Superman+ brick who had more will power than Kyle Rayner... it kind of works if you squint at it.

But even with all that said, it is still a tough pill to swallow. Especially because chronologically this Doomsday still wound up getting killed by Superman. Hunter/Prey Doomsday at least had been resurrection upgraded to be beyond Supes when he wrecked shop.