Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default DC and the Bat Family

I don't know why but DC really don't want an healthy bat family just look at Jason,Damien,ric grayson all of them now hate batman or aren't in the family anymore I'm sick and tired of the bat family always having to be at odds and rebirth being undone for edgy stories

Because even though they create endless stories that can remove them from existence and they hardly if ever appear in the main book, there is a Contingent Of Fans and People in DC who hate the Bat Family and would like to destroy each member to create this mythical Absolute Batman who never marries or has associates beyond Alfred & Jim. They use the 11 issues of ‘39 To ‘40 Batman as justification but if they actually read those stories they would know he was engaged to Julie Madison and the Dark Knight World has had a Robin since the first book and a small bat militia at the end. The Bat Family have treated like this for a long time and it will only increase. DC will never allow the Titans to just exist without the JL belittling them

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    Because even though they create endless stories that can remove them from existence and they hardly if ever appear in the main book, there is a Contingent Of Fans and People in DC who hate the Bat Family and would like to destroy each member to create this mythical Absolute Batman who never marries or has associates beyond Alfred & Jim. They use the 11 issues of ‘39 To ‘40 Batman as justification but if they actually read those stories they would know he was engaged to Julie Madison and the Dark Knight World has had a Robin since the first book and a small bat militia at the end. The Bat Family have treated like this for a long time and it will only increase. DC will never allow the Titans to just exist without the JL belittling them
    Too true, mate.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

The only Bat title I've enjoyed right now is Super Sons, and that one is set in the past.

Rebirth did a lot of course correcting, fixing a lot of things and setting up the future of fixing others. But it seems like its regressing now worse than before.

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    Pretty much this, they like loner Batman and that is that.

BANNED

Story telling moves in cycles and phases. Dark & edgy then light and optimistic and back to the former and then the latter again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Story telling moves in cycles and phases. Dark & edgy then light and optimistic and back to the former and then the latter again.
    Dark and edgy seems to have a lot more camera time.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Dark and edgy seems to have a lot more camera time.
    And often involves his supporting cast (who have fanbases of their own) paying the price for it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    And often involves his supporting cast (who have fanbases of their own) paying the price for it.
    One problem is that these kinds of things are never followed through in the main book(s). Dick takes a head shot, you blink, and he's out on the street again. Did none of the Bat-Family even bother to visit the hospital? Or was there a hospital? He's lost all his memories so he's out there with no support group whatsoever. It's like when he "died" in "Forever Evil"--nobody gave a damn.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    One problem is that these kinds of things are never followed through in the main book(s). Dick takes a head shot, you blink, and he's out on the street again. Did none of the Bat-Family even bother to visit the hospital? Or was there a hospital? He's lost all his memories so he's out there with no support group whatsoever. It's like when he "died" in "Forever Evil"--nobody gave a damn.
    I'm honestly okay with that so long as I get good issues with the character, but more and more it seems like Grayson was a result of two guys with a good idea being met with completely apathy on the character and it working out great.

Like King/Seeley were met with "Sure...whatever guys, we just need him back in the suit by (date)" by editorial.

Mighty Member

Well lately it seems like the family simply exists to crap all over and blame Batman for everything. Also the fact that fans of the family love it when the their fave puts Bruce in his place and make him look bad. It's either Batman is a jerk, hypocrite, bad father, child abuser and so forth. So yes there are some that prefer a solo Batman because everytime the family is around him he becomes the bad guy. Look no further than the so called "Trial of Batwoman" Tec issue, Tynion had a field day with that one.

I mean, I like loner Batman way more than with his Bat-family. It's a matter of opinion I guess.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    I mean, I like loner Batman way more than with his Bat-family. It's a matter of opinion I guess.
    They don't have to live in each others' pockets, but Thanksgivings and Christmases would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    I don't know why but DC really don't want an healthy bat family just look at Jason,Damien,ric grayson all of them now hate batman or aren't in the family anymore I'm sick and tired of the bat family always having to be at odds and rebirth being undone for edgy stories
    Jason being out of the family is how it should be.

Damien and Dick only seems like a temporary thing that everyone will forget in a year or so.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Jason being out of the family is how it should be.

Damien and Dick only seems like a temporary thing that everyone will forget in a year or so.
    To be honest, I have problems with Bruce's attitude that it's okay for Jason to kill people everywhere except Gotham City. If I was Jason, I would NEVER forgive Bruce for letting the Joker off the hook and sweeping Jason's life under the rug. Like Jason, Dick and Damian will never be utilized well as long as Didio is in charge. The only Robin who seems to have a bright future is Tim. I've tried to keep the faith for over sixty years straight, but this stuff is getting me down.