Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    To be honest, I have problems with Bruce's attitude that it's okay for Jason to kill people everywhere except Gotham City. If I was Jason, I would NEVER forgive Bruce for letting the Joker off the hook and sweeping Jason's life under the rug. Like Jason, Dick and Damian will never be utilized well as long as Didio is in charge. The only Robin who seems to have a bright future is Tim. I've tried to keep the faith for over sixty years straight, but this stuff is getting me down.
    That's why I hate Jason being around Gotham as a anti-hero/hero or whatever. Batman wouldn't allow it, no way in hell. Bruce while sometimes a hypocrite his morals and code wouldn't allow Jason and his body count to stay at large.

Jason and Bruce should always be at odds otherwise they both look like idiots.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    That's why I hate Jason being around Gotham as a anti-hero/hero or whatever. Batman wouldn't allow it, no way in hell. Bruce while sometimes a hypocrite his morals and code wouldn't allow Jason and his body count to stay at large.

Jason and Bruce should always be at odds otherwise they both look like idiots.
    I think Jason should be at odds with ALL of them, be a true incorrigible black sheep. If I was Jason, I would consider them all weak nellies and go dish out justice however I saw fit.

I think Jason should be at odds with ALL of them, be a true incorrigible black sheep. If I was Jason, I would consider them all weak nellies and go dish out justice however I saw fit.
    That's what I think as well. Jason should be at odds with them all but DC keeps shoving them together and acting like they have always been so close.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

It does make them both look like hypocrites who don't actually believe in the core principles they are supposed to stand for.

I think that if DC is going to have a Batfamily then it shouldn't just be a source of angst. Let them be family. Don't use Batman to prop them up, don't make Batman look bad to make them look good and don't exploit or derail their books for the Bat.

Batman isn't a loner and never has been. His story is about Family and has always been. It started with family in that Alley. Sad that DC, writers and fans have turned it into what it is.

Looking at Tec, the RHATO deal & beatdown and Rebirth Batman I get why some fans want him alone.
    Looking at Rebirth batman I get why fans of the family are upset.

DC editorial needs to get a handle on things. If you need to nerf the bat to push a side character then that character is dead weight that's dragging your best IP down. Cut it off.

If you're going to have a Bat family then let be Family.
    Last edited by dietrich; 10-04-2018 at 06:49 AM.

To be honest, I have problems with Bruce's attitude that it's okay for Jason to kill people everywhere except Gotham City. If I was Jason, I would NEVER forgive Bruce for letting the Joker off the hook and sweeping Jason's life under the rug. Like Jason, Dick and Damian will never be utilized well as long as Didio is in charge. The only Robin who seems to have a bright future is Tim. I've tried to keep the faith for over sixty years straight, but this stuff is getting me down.
    Based on what? The dude is currently in nothing and was last being written like Mr. Fantastic.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    don't make Batman look bad to make them look good
    But that should also go the other way around, stuff like the last issues of Batman Eternal, where had batman going around and save all the other Batfamily members is also not great.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    Based on what? The dude is currently in nothing and was last being written like Mr. Fantastic.
    Just wait. It's coming. Ten characters.

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    Because even though they create endless stories that can remove them from existence and they hardly if ever appear in the main book, there is a Contingent Of Fans and People in DC who hate the Bat Family and would like to destroy each member to create this mythical Absolute Batman who never marries or has associates beyond Alfred & Jim. They use the 11 issues of ‘39 To ‘40 Batman as justification but if they actually read those stories they would know he was engaged to Julie Madison and the Dark Knight World has had a Robin since the first book and a small bat militia at the end. The Bat Family have treated like this for a long time and it will only increase. DC will never allow the Titans to just exist without the JL belittling them

I tend to fall in the middle ground. I'm a lifelong fan of 'Batman AND Robin'. I Love a Batfamily consisting of Dick, Tim and Barbara... but accepting that Batman works better with a team, doesn't mean I want there to be 4 robins, three batgirls a batwoman a Catwoman and a batdog all active at the same time.

Family is good, but a 'small' family works best. More Fantastic Four.... less Legion of Superheroes.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I tend to fall in the middle ground. I'm a lifelong fan of 'Batman AND Robin'. I Love a Batfamily consisting of Dick, Tim and Barbara... but accepting that Batman works better with a team, doesn't mean I want there to be 4 robins, three batgirls a batwoman a Catwoman and a batdog all active at the same time.

Family is good, but a 'small' family works best. More Fantastic Four.... less Legion of Superheroes.
    That's why I can't stand Jason being back, Duke or Harper. It just adds more to an overly bloated family.

I think Cass, Steph, and Tim with Bruce and Oracle was a great size. You had Dick off with the Titans or Bludhaven but could always come back to visit. I like Kate but she feels more like a distant family member.

Fantastic Member

It should be small then the others have their own expanded base. It should just be Bruce Damian Alfred with Gordon winking plausible deniability. Jason, Dick and Barbra are already adults and lead their own teams at times. They should only guest star occasionally or with a flashback story that is it to make their appearances more special. Then they do not get on each others toes and stuff

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by nonsense man View Post
    It should be small then the others have their own expanded base. It should just be Bruce Damian Alfred with Gordon winking plausible deniability. Jason, Dick and Barbra are already adults and lead their own teams at times. They should only guest star occasionally or with a flashback story that is it to make their appearances more special. Then they do not get on each others toes and stuff
    That's what DC was already doing, Dick, Jason, Babs, Damian, where doing their own thing in their own books and where hardly in batman and Tec since the start of rebirth. It's the recent rebirth Tec take of the extended batfamily that left bad impressions for the batman fans. They all felt like baggage.

The batfamily makes sense to me when they are Bruce Alfred, all 4 robins(Dick Jason Tim Damian) and Barbara. These family members all have their books and don't have to cluster the batman book, unlike the others. If those characters can't support themselve, they should leave them in limbo.
    Last edited by Moonwix; 10-05-2018 at 12:40 AM.

Just wait. It's coming. Ten characters.
    Are you psychic?

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    But that should also go the other way around, stuff like the last issues of Batman Eternal, where had batman going around and save all the other Batfamily members is also not great.
    I have no problem with Batman saving the family in a Batman book. It is his book and his story so long as the characters put a decent fight or aren't made to look like dummies then I'm cool with Bats saving them.

I wasn't happy with the way the Bane arc happened only because I didn't get to see the fight but I wasn't expecting the boys to save the day. That's Batman's job.

Fantastic Member

To me rebirth fixed superman while batman was shafted ironically enough. They never get to have good runs at the same time I think but when has that occurred or my memory is faulty on that

It’s okay for Batman to be a solo hero AND have his Elseworlds where he is a solo hero is there wasn’t a need to use the Bat Family as tools to complain about Batman or to find ways to push them out of a City they barely touch.