Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default Who do you think this Batman's best Robin is? Do you agree with this video?

https://youtu.be/YVrDlFf3cAQ Here's the link. Do you guys agrees?

Seems pretty Solid.

For me it's always a toss up between Tim and Dick. Dick was of course the template that all other Robins are compared to... but he really nailed it when he said we don't have much to really LOOK at for Dick. The Golden age and even Silver age were all kinds of cheesy. He really grew into his own with the Titans and as Nightwing… but that really doesn't count as 'Batman's Partner Robin'...

Tim on the other hand, was hand crafted to be the perfect Robin. He took the best traits of Dick and learned from the mistakes of Dick and Jason... He had a lot of growth in the teenage years and shone as both the everyman the kids could relate to... and the superhero they wanted to be. He was a detective. He had the weapons. He was trained by both Batman and Shiva (So really he was off on Tim not having the martial training). Tim's only real down fall... is that he wasn't Dick. Dick was the original.... the icon... and something Tim couldn't reach. But MAN... If I have to compare actual Robin Stories between the two, I enjoyed Dixon's Robin runs better than any Dick Robin stories I've read.

Damien I could never stand, so he's right out...

Jason?? I think the video nailed it. Jason wasn't given a chance to be great. Whether it was the fans, the writers or the editors... He was sabotaged from the beginning and what he could have been... we'll never know. As it is, he was unmemorable except as a cautionary tale.

Grayson it's not even a question.

He made the position, define the position. Dick Grayson is robin. He has the best origin and isn't derivative of anyone else partially because he's like the 4th character DC created.
    The J-man

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Tim Drake followed extremely closely by Dick Grayson. And I understand why others switch it. I dislike Damien and Jason, though, and the only other good Robin is Carrie in TDKR.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

BANNED

Damien is best with tim dead last

1.) Dick. I like him best as a charcter in general. Robin, Nightwing, Batman, Agent 37, what have you. But I also geniunely like his dynamic as Robin better than any of the other Robins. Dick's relationship with Batman evolved greatly during his tenure as Robin, which allows for a great diversity in his dynamic with Batman. Speaking of Dynamic, he and Bruce are the Dynamic Duo. No other Robin was as closely associated to Batman as Dick. They were often a package deal for decades. There were few Batman stories in the 60s without Robin. But as Dick went on to college, their relationship evolved. He and Bruce gained the independence that has become the standard for the Batman and Robin relationship. He was available when he needed to be but you could tell individual stories with either.

2-3.) Tim or Damian. They both offer something different. Very different characters, but take your pick. There's not room for both of them. I was against Tim for the longest time for being a useless not-Robin, but if he is returning to the mantle, then Damian has some competition again. Damian has a unique dynamic with Bruce which does not lend itself to the traditional Batman and Robin dynamic, which I miss at times.

4.) Jason. I've only read the Starlin stuff, and TBH I'm not a fan.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 10-05-2018 at 09:17 AM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

BANNED

Damian is my favorite obviously but Dick is the best. All the others pretty much owe everything to him.

As Robin Damian. I have much love and respect for the OG Robin but Damian is my no 1. Closely followed by Dick. Jason and Duke 3rd then Kelly, Steph. Tim I liked as Red Robin [though that could be because they made him so much like Damian]

Every time I see they say there is not much to look at in terms of Dick Grayson’s Robin history I know that the person is judging it from a Batman ‘66 POV. Not all of Robin’s stories were cheesy, in Star Spangled Comics # 69 & 72 he discovered Islands one which he was stranded and left for dead before swimming across quick sand and hunting down 10 Nazi, He has a Robinmobile all the way back in the Golden Age which was giving to him by a criminal in a plot to learn his identity and then has a second Robinmobile crafted out of a old Batmobile. He was given a Bat Plane for his first Birthday with Bruce and regularly flew it. Dick Grayson’s time is treated unfairly and that is why ALL flashbacks are about how insecure he is to Batman because every time a writer talks about Dick Grayson it ends up revolving around Batman’s Life and feelings which are honestly unrealistic. The Golden Age Batman did have a great achievement in his Dick Grayson who was a College Graduate Lawyer who became an ambassador, NONE of the Bat Family have Civilian or Superhero lives remotely successful as the Earth Two Robin because his Batman is Built to help people without any A-Hole I need to be alone personality that is a staple of Modern day Batman.

Dick and Damian are my favourite.

Dick is the bar setter for sure.

Tim is my Robin though. I was there from the start, Batman #457 was my first issue of Batman. At the time I found him very easy to relate to and his relationships with Steph, Kon, and Bart were great to read about. I know DC's original plan was for Damian to not stick around, so I don't think they quite knew what to do with Tim. Red Robin was good, but once Flashpoint hit, they really messed him up.

I never connected with Damian at all. He seems to work better with Dick than Bruce from what I have seen.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Mighty Member

When people say Robin, I don't think about Jason, Tim, Damian, Steph or Carrie. I think about Dick. I love Dick as Nightwing but he is irreplaceable as Bruce's Robin. The others have not transcended his time as Robin, which is why DC still keeps on using him as Robin. It's like the classics. It never gets old.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

For me it is Tim. I got into DC mostly after Crisis so Dick was Robin but he was already on his way to becoming Nightwing, so I never really read much of Dick as Robin before he became Nightwing outside of the New Teen Titans early issues. Tim on the other hand I was there from the start. I saw him take on the Robin mantle. He also had many mini series and a very long lasting series of his own while none of the other Robins have. To me that makes him the best.

Damian has never been a favorite of mine.

I see a pattern Tim fans really dislike Damian lol

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I see a pattern Tim fans really dislike Damian lol
    I'm a Tim fan and i also like Damian.

Tim was my Robin growing up but Damian is my favourite Robin.
    Dick is the Robin.