Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

If you have read my posts you can see what I dislike about his direction since the reboot. I don't think Jason works in the Bat-family due to his killing and violent methods. Bruce would never let him back but fans get really upset at this idea but still love hie extreme violence. Bruce would stop him plain and simple. I also think Jason works better as a villain or antagonistic anti-hero. Being a dark twisted version of Batman works better than jokey merc who runs around with characters he barely ever interacted with before the reboot.

The rift can still be there, the rift is important because it can breed actual character development for both Bruce and Jason. Maybe Jason's methods start to tempt Bruce, maybe Jason is willing to give up his guns to be back with the family, etc. Instead of going the tragic and dramatic route with Jason they just do generic action hero which is a real missed opportunity.

I don't see how laying out issues I have makes me a hater. I'm not posting LOL JASON SUX and other garbage like that. I see serious issues with the character and voice my opinion. You like those traits that I see as contradictory and shallow, different strokes. You can like what you like. No one is trying to take that away or saying you are lesser for liking something. I disagree and wish they did something more meaningful with the character because I WANT to like him. I just think he needs better direction.
    Last edited by joybeans; 10-05-2018 at 04:42 PM.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Preferring Jason at odds with the Bat family isn’t “hating" on Jason.

BANNED

If you have read my posts you can see what I dislike about his direction since the reboot. I don't think Jason works in the Bat-family due to his killing and violent methods. Bruce would never let him back but fans get really upset at this idea but still love hie extreme violence. Bruce would stop him plain and simple. I also think Jason works better as a villain or antagonistic anti-hero. Being a dark twisted version of Batman works better than jokey merc who runs around with characters he barely ever interacted with before the reboot.

The rift can still be there, the rift is important because it can breed actual character development for both Bruce and Jason. Maybe Jason's methods start to tempt Bruce, maybe Jason is willing to give up his guns to be back with the family, etc. Instead of going the tragic and dramatic route with Jason they just do generic action hero which is a real missed opportunity.

I don't see how laying out issues I have makes me a hater. I'm not posting LOL JASON SUX and other garbage like that. I see serious issues with the character and voice my opinion. You like those traits that I see as contradictory and shallow, different strokes. You can like what you like. No one is trying to take that away or saying you are lesser for liking something. I disagree and wish they did something more meaningful with the character because I WANT to like him. I just think he needs better direction.
    Fine I don't agree with what you're saying I love Jason
    since the new 52 and preferred him as hero and not a bad guy he can be good just as any bat family character

And he doesn’t hate on Jason, he just doesn’t like that direction. That’s not hating on Jason. Same goes for not liking RHatO or Lobdell.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    Fine I don't agree with what you're saying I love Jason
    since the new 52 and preferred him as hero and not a bad guy he can be good just as any bat family character
    I love Jason. I was just thinking about how I would feel if I was him. If Jason wasn't a good person, he'd go to Gotham, kill Batman, kill the Joker, the Penguin, the Riddler--every last one of them. But he still fights for justice and that makes him one of the most amazing characters around.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I love Jason. I was just thinking about how I would feel if I was him. If Jason wasn't a good person, he'd go to Gotham, kill Batman, kill the Joker, the Penguin, the Riddler--every last one of them. But he still fights for justice and that makes him one of the most amazing characters around.
    He's amazing because he won't kill them all?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    He's amazing because he won't kill them all?
    He's amazing because he FORGAVE Bruce. Most people couldn't--or wouldn't. He's let the Joker and the rest of his rotten ilk live, trying to follow Bruce's example in spite of all he's suffered. He's shown Bruce far more respect than he's been given. He didn't let the trauma of his death and resurrection turn him into a monster like them. He fights for good when he doesn't have to fight at all or when it would be easier to give in to that pain and bitterness.
    Last edited by oasis1313; 10-05-2018 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    He's amazing because he FORGAVE Bruce. Most people couldn't--or wouldn't. He's let the Joker and the rest of his rotten ilk live. He's shown Bruce far more respect than he's been given.
    Has he done anything to really deserve respect?

He was upset at Bruce because Bruce didn't kill Joker. Bruce never promised to 'avenge him' He's long held the belief that he does NOT kill.... So his big issue is that Bruce stuck to his moral code.

Bruce is upset at Jason because when he came back, he threw the moral code out the window. He left a gigantic pile of bodies everywhere he went and abandoned the bat-code. Not to mention when he tried to take over the battle of the cowl... which I don't see how ANY of them could forgive him for...

Only one of these two are sticking with their oaths and deserves respect.

I kind of enjoyed UTRH... but he was set up as such an villain/foil that trying to rope him back in the family... without a major plot point adjustment just feels... 'off'. They should have brought him back a bit more sympathetic and little less gung-ho if they wanted to reach this place.

Besides... the whole 'you didn't kill the joker' was lame. Batman DID try to kill the Joker, Superman stopped him. Go bother superman :P

I hope one day the bat family will get the good treatment.
    Of the robins, I like Dick the best.
    Felt Damian is too much of a marysue.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Has he done anything to really deserve respect?
    Helping Bruce and the family countless times and proving to be the bigger man by showing up to save Damian even AFTER he took him to the place he died to mainplute and trigger him.

Jason proved many times that he is the bigger man between the two and has given Bruce more respect than he deserved from (speaking as someone who actually like Bruce as character).

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Helping Bruce and the family countless times and proving to be the bigger man by showing up to save Damian even AFTER he took him to the place he died to mainplute and trigger him.

Jason proved many times that he is the bigger man between the two and has given Bruce more respect than he deserved from (speaking as someone who actually like Bruce as character).
    Has that made up for this?

I'm curious if they've addressed these kind of actions. He flat out murders Tim Drake... when the basis of his anger was that Bruce didn't kill Joker for killing a Robin. So by that Jason's reasoning... Bruce SHOULD snap his neck like a twig. Did they ever wipe this out of continuity?

Respect is a weird thing. Batman never really accepted Huntress for years because of her methods... if Jason wants to act like Huntress... he shouldn't complain if he's treated like Huntress. Bruce's standards don't change. The fact that Batman allows him to go around killing people... even Criminals shows a LOT more respect and love for Jason than he really deserves. A lot more than he cuts anyone else. Again, I think if they wanted him back in the fold... they shouldn't have made so incredibly evil before hand. He has a LOT of groveling and apologizing before the bat-family should welcome him back... Nobody owes him anything.

BANNED

Well it's a different world and history now so that didn't happen so there's that

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I'm curious if they've addressed these kind of actions. He flat out murders Tim Drake... when the basis of his anger was that Bruce didn't kill Joker for killing a Robin. So by that Jason's reasoning... Bruce SHOULD snap his neck like a twig. Did they ever wipe this out of continuity?

Respect is a weird thing. Batman never really accepted Huntress for years because of her methods... if Jason wants to act like Huntress... he shouldn't complain if he's treated like Huntress. Bruce's standards don't change. The fact that Batman allows him to go around killing people... even Criminals shows a LOT more respect and love for Jason than he really deserves. A lot more than he cuts anyone else. Again, I think if they wanted him back in the fold... they shouldn't have made so incredibly evil before hand. He has a LOT of groveling and apologizing before the bat-family should welcome him back... Nobody owes him anything.
    I thought everyone agree that Battle for the Cowl is awful and out of character so everyone ignore it?

At least that's what people told me.

You old fans need to be consistent on what counts and what's not.

Yeah, it made up by being thrown in Arkham (which more than characters like Damian who beat Tim with no consequences, Bruce who brought almost the end of world couple of times, Dick and Tim who have their fair share of shady stuff they have done where they also faced no consequences) and then having character like Dick (who supposed to be a dude with golden heart) wishing for him to die by the joker again no less.

No to mention in the same story you have Dick showing Jason a video of Bruce to trigger him over and over again.

And when did Jason complain over being blamed over his death, having batarang thrown at him to save the joker, being mainpluted and having his trauma used aganist him and been being beaten half to death over a guy who wasn't even dead? You can spin it all you want, but Jason's situation was never like Huntress nor she was ever treated badly as he did.

Better question, why Jason even bother with Bruce and his family in the first place? He sure did far more for them than they ever did for him.
    Last edited by Rise; 10-06-2018 at 04:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Yeah, it made up by being thrown in Arkham (which more than characters like Damian who beat Tim with no consequences, Bruce who brought almost the end of world couple of times, Dick and Tim who have their fair share of shady stuff they have done where they also faced no consequences) and then having character like Dick (who supposed to be a dude with golden heart) wishing for him to die by the joker again no less.

No to mention in the same story you have Dick showing Jason a video of Bruce to trigger him over and over again.

And when did Jason complain over being blamed over his death, having batarang thrown at him to save the joker, being mainpluted and having his trauma used aganist him and been being beaten half to death over a guy who wasn't even dead? You can spin it all you want, but Jason's situation was never like Huntress nor she was ever treated badly as he did.

Better question, why Jason even bother with Bruce and his family in the first place? He sure did far more for them than they ever did for him.
    Bruce sent Damian back to Talia after Tim