Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Last time I checked, Damian was still around long enough after Bruce "died" and then Dick made him a Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Last time I checked, Damian was still around long enough after Bruce "died" and then Dick made him a Robin.

He came back to Gotham after Batman and Son before BFTC . Fighting crime on his own and away from the family. It was this change that he was already seeking redemption that lead to Dick taking him in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Yeah, it made up by being thrown in Arkham (which more than characters like Damian who beat Tim with no consequences, Bruce who brought almost the end of world couple of times, Dick and Tim who have their fair share of shady stuff they have done where they also faced no consequences) and then having character like Dick (who supposed to be a dude with golden heart) wishing for him to die by the joker again no less.

No to mention in the same story you have Dick showing Jason a video of Bruce to trigger him over and over again.

And when did Jason complain over being blamed over his death, having batarang thrown at him to save the joker, being mainpluted and having his trauma used aganist him and been being beaten half to death over a guy who wasn't even dead? You can spin it all you want, but Jason's situation was never like Huntress nor she was ever treated badly as he did.

Better question, why Jason even bother with Bruce and his family in the first place? He sure did far more for them than they ever did for him.
    You can’t seriously be trying to compare hurt feelings to murderous rampage. And Huntress didn’t cut people’s heads off and stuff them in a bag. Red Hood did far worse things then Huntress.
    And it’s not like Bruce was ok with Damian, he rejected him. It was Dick that had to bring him in and save him before Bruce accepted him.

Jason shouldn’t bother with Bruce or his family. Not unless they get in his way. Neither should be compromising.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-06-2018 at 05:25 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    You can’t seriously be trying to compare hurt feelings to murderous rampage. And Huntress didn’t cut people’s heads off and stuff them in a bag. Red Hood did far worse things then Huntress.
    And it’s not like Bruce was ok with Damian, he rejected him. It was Dick that had to bring him in and save him before Bruce accepted him.

Jason shouldn’t bother with Bruce or his family. Not unless they get in his way. Neither should be compromising.
    Damian was rejected by Bruce at that time?

I remember that Bruce had problems dealing with him, but I do not remember a total rejection.

Of course, I don't remember a lot about that stories, so I may forgot something.
    Last edited by Konja7; 10-06-2018 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Damian was rejected by Bruce at that time?

I remember that Bruce had problems dealing with him, but I do not remember a total rejection.

Of course, I don't remember a lot about that stories, so I may forgot something.
    When Damian first arrived in Gotham he attacked and injured Tim. He also killed a criminal called Spook. Bruce sent him back to Talia. After Bruce's death Damian was back in Gotham he helped the family including saving Tim after his fight with Jason. Dick then decided to take him in and gave him Robin as a way to save him.

Bruce when he returned was surprised but after seeing them together he changed his mind and accepted him.

It was Dick who accepted Damian, redeemed him and made him family not Bruce.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    When Damian first arrived in Gotham he attacked and injured Tim. He also killed a criminal called Spook. Bruce sent him back to Talia. After Bruce's death Damian was back in Gotham he helped the family including saving Tim after his fight with Jason. Dick then decided to take him in and gave him Robin as a way to save him.

Bruce when he returned was surprised but after seeing them together he changed his mind and accepted him.

It was Dick who accepted Damian, redeemed him and made him family not Bruce.
    I know Dick redeemed Damian.

Bruce had big problems dealing with Damian. However, Bruce didn't exactly sent back Damian to Talia (ther are some events happening there). Although, at some point, Bruce wanted to give Damian (and Talia) a second oportunity to escape.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

If I'm not mistaken he didn't send him back as much as the whole ship they're riding blew up and separated them. Talia took Damian home and fix him before continuing plotting.

You consider Batman almost ending the world (recently with Metal) and injuring Jason badly to protect a villain is a "hurt feelings"? The shady stuff that were made by the batfamily like Dick torturing someone when he was spy agent was acceptable because it wasn't a murder? And beating people half to death is "ok" because they didn't die?

We are talking about comics and literally every single hero have done some seriously messed up stuff at one point in their history. You can't hold one character accountable for their actions while giving others a pass. You can simply say I don't like this without making up excuses filled with double standards.
    Last edited by Rise; 10-06-2018 at 02:41 PM.

There is a difference between "shady stuff" and mass murder and mutilation. This shady stuff you keep trying to bring up to defend Jason’s does not compare to brutally and intentionally mudering people and trying to kill them.
    Jason’s bad actions as Red Hood was the focal point of the character being brought back. Its not something that should be brushed aside. Especially because well Dick showed him a video that hurt his feelings after he was killing people and shooting and stabbing the other Robins. He was a bad guy doing bad things. That what the point of his reintroduction as Red Hood. They are not supposed to be ok with that. Jason being "triggered" or getting beat up as he’s trying to murder and maim them or someone else doesn’t make Jason some victim.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-06-2018 at 03:19 PM.

There a big difference between "shady stuff" and mass murder and mutilation. This shady stuff you keep trying to bring up to defend Jason’s does not compare to brutally and intentionally mudering people and trying to kill them. Jason’s bad actions as Red Hood was the focal point of the character being brought back. Its not something that should be brushed aside because well Dick showed him a video that hurt his feelings after he was killing people and shooting and stabbing the other Robins. He was a bad guy doing bad things. Jason being "triggered" or getting beat up as he’s trying to murder and maim them or someone else is doesn’t make Jason some victim.
    Yep, gotta agree there.

It's one thing to say that stabbing Tim gleefully was 'out of character'... but at that point it really WASN"T. From Under the Red Hood, to Teen Titans, to Battle for the Cowl... He was insanely kill happy. The Jason there who wanted to be become the 'batman who kills' and having a serious mad one for any of the 'pretender robins', was pretty consistent with his portrayals since his rebirth.

Compared to the 'shady' things that other have done... that WERE unusual or out of character and plot driven... Jason's sins were the core of his character.

I don't remember trying to make Jason into some victim because I already said he does buy for his actions. He actually face consequences unlike the batfamily (which I find interesting how you keep avoiding the things they done and just foucsing on "oh, he just show him some videos!").

What I'm pointing about is the double standards that some show here. Jason killed? Yes, he did kill bad guys and in universe where death is hardly mean anything, criminals kill innocent people left and right and their only punishment is having some timeout in jail before they breakout, vigilantes can break the laws and do some messed stuff without consequences... etc, I just don't see this as unforgivable act that makes no sense that Batman still accept him (is what he did worse than what Batman's actions have done in metal where innocent people were hurt and some maybe even killed?).
    Last edited by Rise; 10-06-2018 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Compared to the 'shady' things that other have done... that WERE unusual or out of character and plot driven... Jason's sins were the core of his character.
    Jason's flaws being a vocal part of him doesn't mean it's ok to only hold him accountable while give others a pass. (And btw, all post UTRH like BFTC, BB, BR, TT were unusual for his character and made no sense for how he was portrayed in UTRH)

You just further prove my point about double standards that I keep seeing here.
    Last edited by Rise; 10-06-2018 at 03:36 PM.

The only one one who has comparable actions is Damian, and his killing was and is a point of contention. None of the others have gone on intentional murderous rampages. You can’t claim double standards over things that aren’t comparable.

I can when you go "oh, when they do these stuffs is ooc" by saying Jason was ooc too in these stories since no one had a clear direction for him until n52.

He wasn’t though. He was brought back to be a bad guy that did bad things. His direction before the New 52 was actually more clear. Simple maybe, arguably limited, but clear. Like it or not. The New 52 RHatO was more of a containment book then a direction. What exactly did they do. They wandered around jumping to one random thing to the next. The was no rhyme or reason to it or what they did.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-06-2018 at 10:28 PM.