Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    When you are old as Sabretooth and Wolverine it makes little difference, they could've had a parental relationship with Jean, Scott, Storm, Xavier or even Magneto for the same money
    The thing is Logan never met any of them when they were kids. Sabretooth first met Monet and the Generation X when they were though. I remember he even made a joke about eating them(said young meat tastes better). I just don't like how it even got to this point. For me it's a bad look for both characters, that's just my opinion though.

A few other things... I hated Omega Red's smile when overhearing Creed bumbling over himself while apologizing to Monet. Omega Red's a sadistic stone cold killer, I don't need to or ever want to see him smile again unless he's in the midst of a killing spree.

Also, when did Sauron not become a mutant? I don't know much about him, but I remember from those trading cards back in the day and in the animated series, he was always classified as a mutant.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    The thing is Logan never met any of them when they were kids. Sabretooth first met Monet and the Generation X when they were though. I remember he even made a joke about eating them(said young meat tastes better). I just don't like how it even got to this point. For me it's a bad look for both characters, that's just my opinion though.
    Nothing wrong with your opinion. Just friendly discussion on my part. So you don't think I am attacking, or trying to force your opinion to change.

On Monet's part, that was her sisters in Phalanx Covenant. I think her creator, Scott Lobdell said he didn't intend for there to be a "real Monet" -just the twins. But a real M was retconned into GenX around issue 40. So with that retcon taking effect, far as we know, the real Monet never met Sabretooth until after he was inverted.. I think it's creepier that Synch's first kiss with Monet came from two 8-year-old girls pretending to be her. lol

A few other things... I hated Omega Red's smile when overhearing Creed bumbling over himself while apologizing to Monet. Omega Red's a sadistic stone cold killer, I don't need to or ever want to see him smile again unless he's in the midst of a killing spree.
    I am iffy on Omega Red's characterization too. Prior to this series, he was more evil than Sabretooth. A rapist, on top of being hinted to be a pedophile in one story. And while even Sabretooth has shown care for certain people, Omega Red never has. So his characterization does seem more out-of-nowhere than anything. It'll probably be ignored once this book ends.

Also, when did Sauron not become a mutant? I don't know much about him, but I remember from those trading cards back in the day and in the animated series, he was always classified as a mutant.
    I thought he was a mutate, like Deadpool & Sinister. But I only read up on him via wiki.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 10-05-2018 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Well on M's part, that was her sisters in Phalanx Covenant. She was still trapped in Penance. I think her creator, Scott Lobdell said he didn't intend for there to be a "real Monet" -just the twins. But a real M was retconned into GenX around issue 40. The real Monet, that we know of, never met Sabretooth until after he was inverted. Ithink it's creepier that Synch's first kiss with M came from two 8-year-oilds pretending to be her. lol
    See it's stuff like this that makes me feel ashamed to be a fan of Marvel sometimes...

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post

Sauron isn’t a mutant - he states as much in the comic. He was taken in because he is friends with mutants/was with Pyro and Hairbag at the time.

Anyway I don’t mind the Monet/Creed thing but Monet feels so watered down in this book. I need more sass from her and for her to bounce off of the other characters more. The setup is so promising it just isn’t executing as excitingly as it could.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Sauron isn’t a mutant - he states as much in the comic. He was taken in because he is friends with mutants/was with Pyro and Hairbag at the time.

Anyway I don’t mind the Monet/Creed thing but Monet feels so watered down in this book. I need more sass from her and for her to bounce off of the other characters more. The setup is so promising it just isn’t executing as excitingly as it could.
    Agreed Monet is a lot less sassy. She seemed pretty normal issue 22, but softer since then.

Like I mentioned in earlier post. In Bunncanny, he got her attitudes and she & Creed snarked at each other a lot. Here, both seem extra soft and tip-toe more with each other.

But being softer isn't the worst. Given Pak's record so far, she could've easily become Hillary Banks. So I'll happily take this Monet! Lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 10-05-2018 at 08:49 AM.