View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blackbird #1 [series premiere]

1 9.09%
  • Dead Rabbit #1 [series premiere]

2 18.18%
  • Die Die Die #3

0 0%
  • Eclipse #11

0 0%
  • Errand Boys #1 [series premiere]

0 0%
  • Jook Joint #1 [series premiere]

0 0%
  • The Last Siege #5 (of 8)

0 0%
  • The Magic Order #4 (of 6)

3 27.27%
  • Me, the People [graphic novel]

1 9.09%
  • New Lieutenants of Metal #4 (of 4) [series finale]

0 0%
  • Paper Girls #25

1 9.09%
  • Spawn #290

0 0%
  • Thief of Thieves #41

1 9.09%
  • The Walking Dead #184

0 0%
  • Other - Redlands #7, Paradiso #8

2 18.18%

Default Weekly Image poll #40 - Four new comics and a GN this week!

Who needs a budget anyway?

This poll we do weekly, join in! Last time around Shanghai Red took the win, well deserved in my view.

Let's see what's up this week: Die Die Die has a mysterious third issue, The Last Siege begins the second half of its story, New Lieutenants of Metal is ending as scheduled, Paper Girls ends its current 'season' on a massive cliffhanger, Paradiso finishes a storyline, Redlands begins a new arc, and Spawn starts the countdown to issue 300.

New this week:
    1. Blackbird is the new Sam Humphries/Jen Bartel comic set in a neo-noir Vegas it looks like. The hook is, our main character is capable of seeing otherworldly demons and stuff, but nobody else can. Is she crazy? Nope. She's totally right, there's unthinkable monsters out in the open - and nobody believes her. Fiona Staples drew the alternate cover for this, but the main one (below) is gorgeous too.

2. Dead Rabbit looks like the inverse of Luke Cage to me. A Boston hoodlum who laid low after doing his "one last job" and surprisingly wasn't caught. Now though, he's back at it again. Should be a violent romp.

3. Errand Boys is a new mini-series, with a great tagline: "The only thing weirder than outer space, is family". This one's about running the dirty jobs for dirtier aliens, the life of the Errand Boys is not one to envy. Woof, and you thought our job market was tough!

320189.jpg 320191.jpg 320193.jpg

4. Jook Joint looks very promising. This one's a horror series (how timely!) about a place in 1950s New Orleans. At the Jook Joint, owner Mahalia offers drinks, dance, jazz, and women to die for... Literally. The art is done by Alitha Martinez (of Black Panther); this looks like your October read!

5. Me, the People is Pia Guerra's (best known for all the art on Y: The Last Man) new project. Currently, she's the cartoonist for The New Yorker, and this volume collects all her work on the Trump administration so far. The release now means you get a good month to digest it all before making up your mind for the November elections.

320200.jpg 320112.jpg

Dead rabbit was pretty cool.

Read Dead Rabbit this morning and it was very good! Will continue this book for sure. Will read Jook Joint tonight. Looks good!

Only Magic Order for me this week - and I really enjoy Coipel's art, so...

Want to try Dead Rabbit now btw...
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

I went for Redlands this week.
    Give me Brexit or give me death.

#DeadRabbit ����
    #MagnetoWasRight

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Dead Rabbit was indeed an excellent debut; voted Thief of Thieves, though, for carrying through toward a long-satisfying conclusion.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet