Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Tried:
    * The Terrifics
    * Immortal Men
    Dropped The Terrifics after issue #3, and I missed getting Immortal Men #6.
    I tried and dropped those two also. They were the only "New Age of Heroes" books I tried. Dropped Terrifics after I forgot to pick up latest issue and didn't miss it. Dropped Immortal Men after #1.

I've become far more selective now that comics are $4 at least and often $5. They found my limit and I cut my pull list more than in half as a result. I can trade-wait the stories I'm not dying to have right now that are still worth reading. That includes Hawkman to be certain. I've been enjoying it a lot. But it's going to be free on hoopla or $5.99 collected in a comixology sale soon so I'm not paying $4 an issue anymore.

The only title from this list I'm still picking up by the issue is JL Dark because it's so darn good.

The Unexpected, The Silencer, Curse of brimstone, JLO for me.

Justice League Dark
    Justice League Odyssey
    The Terrifics
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Not a thing. I will be reading the next two issues of Hawkman because of Ray Palmer, but I’ve pretty much lost all interest in the current DC line.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Dropped Terrifics and Damage for budget reasons. Too much Bat-stuff lately.

Liked the first ish of Brimstone but never added it to my pull list for the same reason.

Not a fan of all the double shipping books. Keeps me from trying new stuff.
    Batman - Daredevil

Spectacular Member

I am reading most of them: Justice League, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Hawkman, the Terrifics, Superman, the Unexpected, Catwoman, New Challengers and Plastic Man.
    I have enjoyed all of them but losing interest in Catwoman amd the Unexpected.

The Terrifics
    Plastic Man (mini)
    Hawkman
    Immortal Men
    New Challengers
    Sideways
    Unexpected
    Justice League Odyssey

I dropped Justice League Dark. I just don’t care about Scott Snyder’s trees. Plus it was kind of a paint by numbers way to start a team book. A huge threat is threatening our world and one hero must recruit other heroes to join together and stop it.

Astonishing Member

All the New Age of Heroes titles that haven't been cancelled, and dipping in and out of a few choice others. Waiting on the new Outsiders book and new Shazam book, too.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    People do realize that Immortal Men should now be discussed in the past-tense (loved, not love) since the series ended with issue #6 (which came out in September)?
    And that is right and true shame, from my perspective, because of all the sheer potential is had and the beautiful niche it resided in that no other book really did. No book in recent memory, certainly.

As far as captivation and eagerness to read each on-going issue as it came, The Immortal Men was probably my favorite book in a long time, (certainly since Batman and The Signal mini ended).
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 10-18-2018 at 03:37 PM.

Fantastic Member

Adventures of the Super Sons
    Justice Leauge Dark
    Justice Leauge Odyssey
    Catwoman
    Plastic Man

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    And that is right and true shame, from my perspective, because of all the sheer potential is had and the beautiful niche is resided it that no other book really did. No book in recent memory, certainly.

As far as captivation and eagerness to read each on-going issue as it came, The Immortal Men was probably my favorite book in a long time, (certainly since Batman and The Signal mini ended).
    The worst thing is that the first issue introducing two other Houses of the Immortal hinted at something so much wider than what we ended with... Damn, I'm a little angry at Tynion for ditching the book to get on JLD, even if JLD is excellent.

Justice League Dark/Odyssey, Sideways, and read all of Immortal Men (it had SO much potential )
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Mighty Member

I started JL and Hawkman, still reading both

Does Heroes in Crisis count?
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Spectacular Member DamianWayne1's Avatar

Just Hawkman, for me. I’ll probably pick up JL, JLD, Sideways, Curse of Brimstone, Adventures of the Super Sons & Catwoman in trade though.
    Top DC: Batman, Wonder Woman, Damian Wayne, Stephanie Brown, Barbara Gordon, Red Hood, Flash (Barry), Supergirl, Black Canary, & Green Arrow
    Top Marvel: Jean Grey, Ms. Marvel, Wolverine, Daredevil, Miles Morales, Jessica Jones, Magneto, Rogue, Storm, & Havok