Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Live Action Television Series: The Mandalorian!

Jon Favreau just shared the name of the Live Action Television Series and it is The Mandalorian!
    On instagram - https://www.instagram.com/p/BofTUzhB...d=u2se3isriuki

“After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe,” Favreau said in his post. “The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.”

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/themandalorian/

Also rumored: Pedro Pascal Eyed to Lead Jon Favreau’s Live-Action Star Wars Series - https://www.cbr.com/live-action-star-wars-pedro-pascal/
    Hope he takes the role, loved him as Oberyn Martell in Game of Thrones, and in Narcos, the guy can act, also saw him as Don John in Much Ado About Nothing.
    He'll make a great Lone Gunfighter type.

Bit of a latino Charles Bronson

Last edited by Güicho; 10-03-2018 at 06:28 PM.

Well, it's not quite the Boba Fett movie that was rumored, but it's the next best thing.

Judging by the Gunslinger thing it'll also pay tribute to Fett's roots, as the character was pretty much inspired by Clint Eastwood westerns.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Nice! I'm all down for an extended adventure in the Outer Rim, especially in a completely untapped time period of the Star Wars universe. Looking forwards to this and any other Star Wars projects on Disney Play.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

SOLD 10char

I don't really see the appeal of a Star Wars live-action tv show. The cinematography will at best resemble a Netflix series, which is still a downgrade from the generally great aesthetic of the films.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I don't really see the appeal of ...
    Ok buh-by!

First image of the Mandalorian revealed:
    Looks fantastic..

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The 10-episode first season will reportedly have a combined budget of $100 million, making each episode worth $10 million.
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-04-2018 at 05:43 PM.

Sounds great.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Ok buh-by!
    No need to be defensive, I just cited a concern that the big draw of Star Wars has always been the special effects and cinematography which tv shows can't usually match. If the budget is what the article you cited claims than I think it looks a lot more promising now. Hopefully they don't put in a cgi space squid.

I'd say the only problem now is that the studio is now producing several different animated and life action media projects set in completely different time periods, which is likely to confuse the normies.
    Last edited by Pinsir; 10-04-2018 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Double posted

I’m not sure how to feel about the show since we haven’t seen any footage but I like the look of the armor.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I've never been too into the Mandalorian concept so the core of the show left me lukewarm, but that is an awesome outfit.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

No need to be defensive, I just cited a concern that the big draw of Star Wars has always been the special effects and cinematography which tv shows can't usually match. If the budget is what the article you cited claims than I think it looks a lot more promising now. Hopefully they don't put in a cgi space squid.
    Today, I think they'll be able to do passable enough work in regards to these things. With the small screen standard of today and a 10 million per episode budget, I don't think the differences will be drastic enough to give pause. Surely it won't be the spectacle of a major motion picture but should still be nice as to not destroy immersion. Not like the Christmas Special or anything, haha.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

They are getting a pretty sizable budget so I assume it’ll be more GoT quality than Netflix.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I'd say the only problem now is that the studio is now producing several different animated and life action media projects set in completely different time periods, which is likely to confuse the normies.
    They’re clearly labelling where different shows and movies are in relation to each other so I don’t think this will be too much of a problem. And it’s better than having everything set in on period, which would only please a set of fans. Really normies just need to recognise that Star Wars currently has three distinctive eras - the Old Republic/Clone Wars, the Empire/Galactic Civil War and the First Order vs Resistance era, and nearly all shows and material takes place in or around those time periods.

No need to be defensive, .
    LOL that wasn't defensive, that was dismissive, of someone who already made up their mind, wants to write off a show just based on a budget LOL!

I just cited a concern that the big draw of Star Wars has always been the special effects
    Cited, who did you cite? LOL?
    Fixed...
    the big draw [for me] of Star Wars has always been the special effects
    That's fine/
    There was always more to it than that, great plot, characters, story, , world building mythology and concepts, were all part of the draw, that even a minor character like a mysterious Man from Mandalore could be captivating for a whole gen.

And great cinematography, mood, setting, and story can all be pulled off on a smaller budget, Let alone a 10 million per episode budget.
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-05-2018 at 05:52 AM.