Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default NHL 2018-2019 Season - All Out Discussion

The hockey season has started.

Washington glided to victory with a 7-0 win against Boston. Toronto squeezed out an OT win against Montreal on the back of a couple of beauty goals by Auston Matthews.

Rookie sensation Elias Pettersson scored a really nice goal to make it 1-0 for Vancouver. Calgary is looking a little lost out there. Anaheim is taking on the San Jose Sharks with Erik Karlsson in the line-up!

I am very excited that hockey is back.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Man, I hope my Flames can get it together soon.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

My Flyers spoiled Vegas' home opener with a 5-2 win last night behind Wayne Simmonds who scored twice and goalie Brian Elliott who stopped 23 shots.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    My Flyers spoiled Vegas' home opener with a 5-2 win last night behind Wayne Simmonds who scored twice and goalie Brian Elliott who stopped 23 shots.
    I don't know about you, but I thought Philly looked especially strong. They lost recently to Colorado, but they looked really good against Vegas.

My Oilers got hit and hit hard by New Jersey. There was no contest...they were easily outplayed by a faster and hungier Devils team. I dread the upcoming days and this slow-ass team looking like they don't give a ****.

I am glad that hockey is back, though. The summer was hard to get through, but there's so much hockey on TV in the last few days, that I can't soak it up fast enough. I am looking to watch Toronto vs. Chicago later tonight. I was bouncing between the Jets vs. Stars, Canadiens vs. Penguins and Senators vs. Leafs game last night. Not. Enough. Time. For HOCKEY!!!

My Flyers are effectively stinking out the place in their home opener, getting blitzed 4-0 after the first period by San Jose, the first two goals inside of the first three minutes, and eleven SECONDS apart. Brian Elliott started the game, but I’d be surprised if new backup Calvin Pickard isn’t in net to start the second period.

My Flyers are effectively stinking out the place in their home opener, getting blitzed 4-0 after the first period by San Jose, the first two goals inside of the first three minutes, and eleven SECONDS apart. Brian Elliott started the game, but I’d be surprised if new backup Calvin Pickard isn’t in net to start the second period.
    Damn. The final score ended up being 8-2. Brian Elliott ended up conceding all 8 goals. After about a week worth of games, it looks like scoring is up.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    The hockey season has started.

Washington glided to victory with a 7-0 win against Boston. Toronto squeezed out an OT win against Montreal on the back of a couple of beauty goals by Auston Matthews.

Rookie sensation Elias Pettersson scored a really nice goal to make it 1-0 for Vancouver. Calgary is looking a little lost out there. Anaheim is taking on the San Jose Sharks with Erik Karlsson in the line-up! Audacity Find My iPhone Origin

I am very excited that hockey is back.
    My Flyers ruined Vegas' home opener with a 5-2 win the previous evening behind Wayne Simmonds who scored twice and goalie Brian Elliott who ceased 23 shots.
    Last edited by polyfarlino; 10-18-2018 at 10:25 AM.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Inevitably, the Hurricanes will crash because of shoddy goaltending, but at least the beginning of the season has been awesome.

At least we aren't Ottawa. Man, what a ****-show!

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Inevitably, the Hurricanes will crash because of shoddy goaltending, but at least the beginning of the season has been awesome.

At least we aren't Ottawa. Man, what a ****-show!
    Oddly enough, the two projected worst teams in the Atlantic division, as well as predicted by many (including me) to be among the worst of the NHL, both the Montreal Canadiens and Ottawa Senators are doing quite decent There's a good possibility that the Senators fizzle out, but I am loving the fire with which the Canadiens are playing. Their team seems to be faster and their hard-working players are bearing the fruits of the tenacity.

Both the Canadiens and the Senators seem like they could surprise quite a few people. I have also not written off the Hurricanes this year. I think they finally do what I thought they would have done in the last couple of years: make the playoffs.

My Flyers came up woefully short in a 4-1 loss on home ice last night.

My Flyers came up woefully short in a 4-1 loss on home ice last night.
    They lost to a hardworking Colorado team that has one of the best top lines, a couple of mobile young defencemen and a goaltender who was making a lot of key saves. No shame in losing to one of the better teams in the early parts of this NHL season.