Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Flyers' 20 year old goalie Carter Hart was named the NHL's Rookie of the Month for January. Perhaps the Orange and Black have FINALLY found their netminder!
    Needs a reliable back-up, now. I'd have said Curtis McIlhenney, but I think Carolina likes him.

Hart has looked pretty good, so far. I thought the pressure would hurt his progress, but so far...he's been giving Philadelphia a fighting chance every game he's played.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by sirmarkus View Post
    That's what I've been reading. If Florida can get either one they could be well positioned for next year.

I also read that the Hawks have been talking to Keith about his future. If he wants another shot at a cup they might try and trade him to a contender. Otherwise they let him retire a Hawk.
    I think a contender could definitely use Keith. I'm kind of sentimental when it comes to some hockey concepts. I like that players like Mario Lemieux, Steve Yzerman, and Joe Sakic played their entire career with the team that drafted them. I would love to see players like Toews, Kane, Keith and Seabrook retire with the team that drafted them. Unfortunately, the salary cap is a cruel mistress and Bowman is paying a few players for all the great that they have accomplished in the past. That's not to say some of these players aren't doing well. Kane is in the middle of one of his best seasons. Heck, if projections hold, Kane will have a career best season. He is absolutely killing it in the score sheet. Toews is having a very quiet but strong year, as well.

Unfortunately for the Hawks, their goaltending is sinking them. Corey Crawford cannot stay healthy and their back-up goalies have not been up to the task.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Needs a reliable back-up, now. I'd have said Curtis McIlhenney, but I think Carolina likes him.

Hart has looked pretty good, so far. I thought the pressure would hurt his progress, but so far...he's been giving Philadelphia a fighting chance every game he's played.
    It’s clear Hart has impressed everyone, playing more like a ten year veteran instead of a kid. As for a reliable backup, I suspect Brian Elliott will be cut after the season and Michal Neuvirth will stay in that role.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    It’s clear Hart has impressed everyone, playing more like a ten year veteran instead of a kid. As for a reliable backup, I suspect Brian Elliott will be cut after the season and Michal Neuvirth will stay in that role.
    That would make sense. Elliott just hasn't been the same since leaving St. Louis.

And Hart - wow, this kid has taken a rough situation and shined. Hopefully he keeps trending up and Philly can build out from him!

The Flyers won their eighth straight last night, hanging on to beat Vancouver 2-1 as rookie phenom Carter Hart made 41 saves in winning his seventh straight start.

While things are looking up for basically every NHL team, the Oilers just got humiliated again...losing 6-2 to the Hawks.

McDavid, Draisaitl, Nugent-Hopkins, Nurse and Koskinen can stay. Everyone else can go. I'd say get rid of Koskinen, but we need a goalie.

Last night I think I went to the PENS 0 to CANES 4 game. Although, I might have just gone to the bar. All I remember is watching a bunch of guys not scoring.
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    Last night I think I went to the PENS 0 to CANES 4 game. Although, I might have just gone to the bar. All I remember is watching a bunch of guys not scoring.
    LOL...at least your team and upper management seems to try and put together a championship team.

LOL...at least your team and upper management seems to try and put together a championship team.
    I know your pain my friend, have I mentioned I am a Pirates fan? Yikes!
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

While things are looking up for basically every NHL team, the Oilers just got humiliated again...losing 6-2 to the Hawks.

McDavid, Draisaitl, Nugent-Hopkins, Nurse and Koskinen can stay. Everyone else can go. I'd say get rid of Koskinen, but we need a goalie.
    And sadly with his low sample size you're not likely to find anyone to take that contract.

And sadly with his low sample size you're not likely to find anyone to take that contract.
    Personally, I believe Koskinen is the better goalie now. I do not like anything Ken Hitchcock has done with this team since he arrived on the scene. If anything, I believe he has made the team weaker with his decisions.

I am looking forward to this season ending and then maybe the Oilers "brain trust" will be finally gone and someone competent comes in. I have my doubts about that, as well.

In other news...Randy Carlyle has been fired. It's too bad. As an Oilers fan, I was enjoying the Ducks suffer

Carter Hart expected to remain with Flyers for rest of season

Hardly unexpected. Hart was the league's Rookie of the Month for January and was last week's number #2 star. The kid has been an absolute revelation, despite how young he is, Hart is as cool as a ten year veteran and certainly has his head on straight. He's singlehandedly made the Flyers worth watching again.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 02-11-2019 at 08:07 AM.

Personally, I believe Koskinen is the better goalie now. I do not like anything Ken Hitchcock has done with this team since he arrived on the scene. If anything, I believe he has made the team weaker with his decisions.

I am looking forward to this season ending and then maybe the Oilers "brain trust" will be finally gone and someone competent comes in. I have my doubts about that, as well.

In other news...Randy Carlyle has been fired. It's too bad. As an Oilers fan, I was enjoying the Ducks suffer
    Watch, Edmonton hires him in the off season...

Watch, Edmonton hires him in the off season...
    LOL...wouldn't put any stupid moves by the Oilers "brain trust". By far the most pathetic upper management in all of sports. I'm constantly amazed at how they can be so bad for so long when they had so many great gifts just handed to them.

Some guy posted at how Anaheim, Detroit and Edmonton are brilliant at being up against the cap while being so poor. My rebuttal was: Anaheim and Detroit have never been gifted a generational hockey player and been this bad. Edmonton deserves to be in a class of terrible all on their own!

Having said all that, I want to bring things back to what I want to really say about hockey:

I love hockey. I really do. Last night, after the lacklustre effort that Edmonton put up against Pittsburgh, I watched the Vancouver vs. Anaheim game. I cannot get enough hockey. I watched so many games this week and I am looking forward to more. On TV tonight, Toronto will be playing against Vegas. It should be a great game.

There are so many great players in the NHL right now. Truly amazing players. Nikita Kucherov is doing great things. Despite cooling down considerably, Rantanen and MacKinnon are a ton of fun to watch. Patrick Kane just keeps doing remarkable things. I am loving what is happening with Carter Hart in Philadelphia and Jordan Binnington in St. Louis.

I want to bring some more energy back into this thread. I want to post a video about my favourite hockey player right now: Alexander Ovechkin. This video shows what a great player Ovechkin has been throughout his entire career.

Do you remember when Ovechkin did the "My stick is on Fire" celebration? I loved that. Ovie is one of those players you can tell just loves the game and I find it infectious. I love seeing that in games.