Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Meanwhile, Tampa Bay, owner of the best record in the league got swept out of the postseason like so much trash by Columbus after getting whacked 7-3 tonight. Talk about embarrassing! I’d be surprised if Lightning fans aren’t calling for head coach Jon Cooper’s head on a stick after that debacle.
    Personally speaking, I blame the players for that one. Lightning had a 3-0 lead in the first game and proceeded to lose the game and then the next 3. Where was Steven Stamkos? Where was Nikita Kucherov? They looked like they never played together.

Lightning made it to the conference finals last year and lost to the eventual Stanley Cup winners, but all their players were contributing from what I saw. This year? Nothing. It's entirely possible that Cooper is to blame, but I put this year's embarrassment on the players.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Oh, yeah, almost forgot: the Flyers have hired Alain Vigneault as their next head coach.

Addendum: Pittsburgh was sent packing last night as they were swept by the Islanders.
    I think the Vigneault hire is a great one, to be honest. He took a pretty good Vancouver team to the Finals and then did the same with a less than stellar New York Rangers. I think Vigneault is a really underrated coach and I can foresee the Flyers doing really well next season with a steady Carter Hart in net and their current line-up.

This year's playoffs have been so crazy. I cannot believe how the Vegas Golden Knights lost the game last night. I don't care how bad a penalty call is...you cannot give up 4 power play goals for one major penalty. That is just a world class collapse. To blame one major penalty as the reason for your loss is horse ****.

I honestly predicted Vegas to win the series, given how Martin Jones had been playing up until the playoffs, as well as the acquisitions that Vegas made prior to the deadline. I don't know what to expect out of round two.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Golden Knights got robbed last night. Vegas player checks a Sharks player who is then inadvertantly knocked down by another player as he's off balance. It was extremely mild as hockey hits go but the Sharks player fell and got knocked out. Refs didn't call anything at the time but while they were tending to the player went back and watched the replay and decided to call a five minute major and game misconduct penalty. The Sharks then scored FOUR goals in the five minute power play. At most the check was a two minute minor and dubiously even that.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Holy crap, we're in OT!

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

YES!!!!!!!

Carolina knocks off the Stanley Cup champs!

Insane first round results, but Carolina clearly played better than Washington.

I can not believe my Pens got swept, but there a lot of things I can not believe happened this post season.
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

This playoffs has me in a constant state of disbelief.

It is nice to see Columbus finally win a series though.

Now that the Capitals have been eliminated, I am looking for Colorado to go all the way.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Now that the Capitals have been eliminated, I am looking for Colorado to go all the way.
    Same here. What's up everyone? Sorry I haven't been around much. Been super busy.

I was very excited to see the Hawks get the 3rd overall pick in the draft.

A friend of mine came across this jersey and was wondering who signed it. I thought it looked like Jason Spezza, but not sure.

FB_IMG_1556821563863.jpg
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Same here. What's up everyone? Sorry I haven't been around much. Been super busy.

I was very excited to see the Hawks get the 3rd overall pick in the draft.

A friend of mine came across this jersey and was wondering who signed it. I thought it looked like Jason Spezza, but not sure.

FB_IMG_1556821563863.jpg
    Whovian...missed you, man. I can't tell you how excited I am for the Hawks to get a high draft pick. As soon as Chicago solidifies their net, I think they'll be really dangerous.

It does look like Spezza's signature, eh?

The post-season is still on and I am very excited about the off-season. I am enjoying the playoffs quite a bit. So far, the Bruins vs. Blue Jackets game tonight is pretty exciting. The two series I haven't really watched are the Hurricanes/Islanders and Blue/Stars series.

Wow, the Islanders just didn't have any answers for the Hurricanes.

Quote Originally Posted by sirmarkus View Post
    Wow, the Islanders just didn't have any answers for the Hurricanes.
    Hurricanes have realized their potential now that they are getting good goaltending. IMO, the last couple of years, Carolina always had a good team. Their goaltending was just really suspect with Scott Darling. Once they cut ties with Darling (regardless of cap ramifications) and went with McElhinney and Mrazek who provided them really strong 1-2 punch, they gained all the confidence they needed. The team always had a great, young defence core. Their forwards also came into their own as the season went on and Justin Williams has hit that point where he's not only providing leadership and confidence as a true veteran is supposed to do, he's also re-discovering his clutch playoffs performance.

All-in-all, Carolina Hurricanes are a threat for real.

I want to post this article from the Hockey News about young players making an impact in the playoffs:

https://thehockeynews.com/news/artic...are-performing

Cale Makar is listed as one of the bigger deals in the playoffs. With steady goaltending, who knows how far the Avalanche can get. With Makar, Barrie and Girard on defence and a Conn Smythe calibre performance from Nathan MacKinnon and an upcoming 4th overall pick in the draft, Colorado looks to be on their way to a bright future.

The article also cites the likes of Roope Hintz and Miro Heiskenan being a big factor in Dallas finding success. Jordan Binnington and Robert Thomas performing really well has also been a factor in the Blues going deeper into the 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Off-season news: looks like my Edmonton Oilers are about to name Ken Holland as the GM.

I am ambivalent to this hire. On the one hand, his track record is tremondous. On the other? A lot of the positives in his track record are in the pre-cap era NHL.

Well, that's a little disappointing. Blue Jackets eliminated in 6 by the Bruins. I was hoping that it could be Blue Jackets and Avalanche in the Finals.