Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Flyers surge past Islanders with five unanswered goals

https://www.nhl.com/news/philadelphi...ap/c-305614172

In two straight games on the Island, the Flyers outscored New York 9-3. Not bad!
    The Flyers definitely have some great players on their team. A couple defensemen and Hart playing consistent for a full year and they could be back in the playoffs sooner rather than later.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

My Flyers are getting closer to the playoffs, three points away from the second wild card after a 3-2 win over Ottawa last night.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    My Flyers are getting closer to the playoffs, three points away from the second wild card after a 3-2 win over Ottawa last night.
    That'd be cool if they could sneak in, given the season they've had.

My Flames have won their third straight and taken back first in the division and conference! Tkachuk was disgusting tonight! The passes to Gaudreau and Frolik were amazing! This guy is the future team captain!

Quote Originally Posted by sirmarkus View Post
    That'd be cool if they could sneak in, given the season they've had.
    It's looking like the Flyers have run out of steam as their playoff chances are fading fast. Last night, they had a 5-2 second period lead over Toronto, only to watch the Leafs score five straight for a 7-6 win. URGH!

That Leafs offense is potent. I think only Tampa has a comparable group of Forwards right now.

With a win over Columbus the Flames move three points ahead of SJ with 9 games left each!

The Flyers took one on the chin, losing 3-1 to Montreal last night. With nine games left and six points behind Columbus for the second wild card, the odds of making the playoffs don't look at all good for my squad.

Flames win and the Sharks lose, meaning the Flames move 5 points up. This is going to be a tight race, and the loser has to face Vegas. Ouch.

The Flyers kept their razor-thin playoff chances alive after a 3-1 win in Chicago last night as rookie goalie Carter hart made 40 stops for the victory.

I really hope the Flyers can manage Hart well. He could be the guy they've been looking for since Hextall!

Quote Originally Posted by sirmarkus View Post
    I really hope the Flyers can manage Hart well. He could be the guy they've been looking for since Hextall!
    Agreed! Hart might well be the Flyers long sought after savior in net. I sure hope that's the case.

Loved seeing the Flames win again tonight! That puts them 3 wins ahead of San Jose with the same number of games remaining(7)! So, San Jose would have to win 4 of those and have the Flames lose out to take the lead in the conference. I just don't want to have to see my team play Vegas in round 1.

Another day, another nail in the coffin that is the Flyers' season after a 3-1 loss to Washington yesterday.

Hey everyone. I had Lasik on my right eye. Been out of commission for a bit, but I am doing good.

Came in to say I've spent the last week and a half mainly listening to hockey games on TV and then watching blurry games when I could get my eye open

Cannot believe how much difficulty Columbus is having with their new additions.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

I was watching the Florida Panthers vs. Toronto Maple Leafs game last night and a couple of things just completely blew me away.

1. Florida Panthers have one of the worst defensive systems I've ever seen. How is it that a team with the likes of Aaron Ekblad and Keith Yandle so incapable of taking care of their own zone. The amount of time spent in their own zone by the Panthers was startling.

2. I was astonished to hear that if Roberto Luongo were to retire after this season, the Vancouver Canucks could stand to have a cap hit of about $4 million cap hit in 2019-2020 season and $8 million penalty in 2021. Similarly, if Shea Weber were to retire anytime soon, the Nashville Predators could be looking at a recapture penalty of a cap hit as high as $24 million in 2025-2026. Unbelievable!

Check out some of these numbers. Absolutely insane!

Roberto Luongo early retirement -> recapture penalty as cap hit

Shea Weber early retirement -> recapture penalty as a cap hit
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/