Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    The hockey season has started.

Washington glided to victory with a 7-0 win against Boston. Toronto squeezed out an OT win against Montreal on the back of a couple of beauty goals by Auston Matthews.

Rookie sensation Elias Pettersson scored a really nice goal to make it 1-0 for Vancouver. Calgary is looking a little lost out there. Anaheim is taking on the San Jose Sharks with Erik Karlsson in the line-up! Audacity Find My iPhone Origin

I am very excited that hockey is back.
    My Flyers ruined Vegas' home opener with a 5-2 win the previous evening behind Wayne Simmonds who scored twice and goalie Brian Elliott who ceased 23 shots.
    Last edited by polyfarlino; 10-18-2018 at 10:25 AM.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Inevitably, the Hurricanes will crash because of shoddy goaltending, but at least the beginning of the season has been awesome.

At least we aren't Ottawa. Man, what a ****-show!

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Inevitably, the Hurricanes will crash because of shoddy goaltending, but at least the beginning of the season has been awesome.

At least we aren't Ottawa. Man, what a ****-show!
    Oddly enough, the two projected worst teams in the Atlantic division, as well as predicted by many (including me) to be among the worst of the NHL, both the Montreal Canadiens and Ottawa Senators are doing quite decent There's a good possibility that the Senators fizzle out, but I am loving the fire with which the Canadiens are playing. Their team seems to be faster and their hard-working players are bearing the fruits of the tenacity.

Both the Canadiens and the Senators seem like they could surprise quite a few people. I have also not written off the Hurricanes this year. I think they finally do what I thought they would have done in the last couple of years: make the playoffs.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

My Flyers came up woefully short in a 4-1 loss on home ice last night.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    My Flyers came up woefully short in a 4-1 loss on home ice last night.
    They lost to a hardworking Colorado team that has one of the best top lines, a couple of mobile young defencemen and a goaltender who was making a lot of key saves. No shame in losing to one of the better teams in the early parts of this NHL season.

Pretty awesome game between the Penguins and Oilers. My Oilers, of course, came out on the losing end. Leon Draisaitl played a pretty good game and Alex Chiasson got a couple of really nice goals, but it wasn't enough. Sidney Crosby does it again! He just steps up at all the key times. Here, he turned Ryan Strome inside out to score a beauty of an overtime winner.

Watching NHL hockey on TV is always enjoyable, but when Doc Emrick is calling a game, that ups the fun into the stratosphere. Doc could make a minor league game sound like game seven of the Stanley Cup Finals. He’s awesome!
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 10-24-2018 at 04:41 PM.

Pretty awesome game between the Penguins and Oilers. My Oilers, of course, came out on the losing end. Leon Draisaitl played a pretty good game and Alex Chiasson got a couple of really nice goals, but it wasn't enough. Sidney Crosby does it again! He just steps up at all the key times. Here, he turned Ryan Strome inside out to score a beauty of an overtime winner.
    I wish I would have been awake for that one. I hate when the team plays in Pacific Time, unless it's on the weekend.
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Some nights, I honestly wonder why I waste my time watching the Flyers when they do nothing more than **** the bed. Take last night for example as they were blanked 3-0 by the Bruins----with the backup goalie in net. I could stomach being stoned by Tuuka Rask who's one the ten best goalies in the league, but Jaroslav Halak? Give me a goddamn break! I know it's early, the season's not even a month old yet, but it's already starting to look less than promising for the Orange and Black, or as the immortal Yogi Berra once said, "It's getting late early".

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Hey guys, sorry I'm late to the party this year. Life's been busy. Selling our house, packing everything up and getting ready to move into the new house.

And I just had surgery on Wednesday to remove the bursa sac in my right hip and well, haven't really been in the mood to post these last few days.

Glad to see you guys got a thread going though. I'm so happy hockey season is upon us. My Cubs fell short of the playoffs which really bummed me out, so I was excited to see the Blackhawks play some meaningful games.

We're 6-2-2 to start the season and I'll gladly take that. Kaner has been outstanding as usual. He has 9 goals in the first 10 games. The Cat has 8. Even Toews has looked like his 2009 version. Playing great at both ends and seems driven to prove he's still one of the best two way players in hockey.

Our offense has been very good and I can't tell you how great it is to have Crow back. This team just plays at a different level when he's in goal. I figured it would take a while to get back to his old form but he's already playing outstanding. If our top 4 dmen can continue to play well, I have no doubt we will make a deep playoff run.

How have your teams been playing? I had to switch cable companies so I don't get the NHLN anymore and can't see highlights of all the games every night like I used to. It's a bummer.

Do you guys know of a website or channel that shows hockey highlights? I miss them.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Hey guys, sorry I'm late to the party this year. Life's been busy. Selling our house, packing everything up and getting ready to move into the new house.

And I just had surgery on Wednesday to remove the bursa sac in my right hip and well, haven't really been in the mood to post these last few days.

Glad to see you guys got a thread going though. I'm so happy hockey season is upon us. My Cubs fell short of the playoffs which really bummed me out, so I was excited to see the Blackhawks play some meaningful games.

We're 6-2-2 to start the season and I'll gladly take that. Kaner has been outstanding as usual. He has 9 goals in the first 10 games. The Cat has 8. Even Toews has looked like his 2009 version. Playing great at both ends and seems driven to prove he's still one of the best two way players in hockey.

Our offense has been very good and I can't tell you how great it is to have Crow back. This team just plays at a different level when he's in goal. I figured it would take a while to get back to his old form but he's already playing outstanding. If our top 4 dmen can continue to play well, I have no doubt we will make a deep playoff run.

How have your teams been playing? I had to switch cable companies so I don't get the NHLN anymore and can't see highlights of all the games every night like I used to. It's a bummer.

Do you guys know of a website or channel that shows hockey highlights? I miss them.
    Boss! So glad to see you post. Sounds like you're both busy and have some major stuff going on. Don't know how much this means from a guy posting on a message board. I am also hoping you are healing quick from your surgery.

My team is doing alright, all things considered. A lot of injuries and a lot of excuses, but they are scraping by. I expected them to be average and looks like that's where they are now.

I would highly recommend the NHL channel on YouTube. They show every single goal for every single game. They also do condensed games, which are awesome. You can catch a brief 7 to 10 minute summary of the game. They show you the score, some of the stats for players per teams...it's my go to for hockey highlights, these days.

Boss! So glad to see you post. Sounds like you're both busy and have some major stuff going on. Don't know how much this means from a guy posting on a message board. I am also hoping you are healing quick from your surgery.

My team is doing alright, all things considered. A lot of injuries and a lot of excuses, but they are scraping by. I expected them to be average and looks like that's where they are now.

I would highly recommend the NHL channel on YouTube. They show every single goal for every single game. They also do condensed games, which are awesome. You can catch a brief 7 to 10 minute summary of the game. They show you the score, some of the stats for players per teams...it's my go to for hockey highlights, these days.
    Thanks Arf, I appreciate it. Who do they have playing on the line with McDavid?

And I'll have to check out that NHL channel on YouTube tonight.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I have been inspired by ESPN for once. Who do you guys feel is the greatest hockey player to never win a championship?
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    I have been inspired by ESPN for once. Who do you guys feel is the greatest hockey player to never win a championship?
    Like any sport, there are always great players who never won a Cup.

Off the top of my head, Pavel Bure comes to mind. One of the best goal scorers of all time and just an amazing player.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    Statistically, there are a few. I'll go with a personal opinion, as I want to be able to say that I watched this individual play and play hard, but never win: Pavel Bure. IMO, one of the best hockey player to ever play the game, IMO.