Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 281
  1. #1
    Astonishing Member Arfguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,947

    Default NHL 2018-2019 Season - All Out Discussion

    The hockey season has started.

    Washington glided to victory with a 7-0 win against Boston. Toronto squeezed out an OT win against Montreal on the back of a couple of beauty goals by Auston Matthews.

    Rookie sensation Elias Pettersson scored a really nice goal to make it 1-0 for Vancouver. Calgary is looking a little lost out there. Anaheim is taking on the San Jose Sharks with Erik Karlsson in the line-up!

    I am very excited that hockey is back.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

  2. #2
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,592

    Default

    So the hockey season has begun. This is gonna be a good season.

  3. #3

    Default

    Man, I hope my Flames can get it together soon.

  4. #4
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    18,614

    Default

    My Flyers spoiled Vegas' home opener with a 5-2 win last night behind Wayne Simmonds who scored twice and goalie Brian Elliott who stopped 23 shots.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  5. #5
    Astonishing Member Arfguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    My Flyers spoiled Vegas' home opener with a 5-2 win last night behind Wayne Simmonds who scored twice and goalie Brian Elliott who stopped 23 shots.
    I don't know about you, but I thought Philly looked especially strong. They lost recently to Colorado, but they looked really good against Vegas.

    My Oilers got hit and hit hard by New Jersey. There was no contest...they were easily outplayed by a faster and hungier Devils team. I dread the upcoming days and this slow-ass team looking like they don't give a shit.

    I am glad that hockey is back, though. The summer was hard to get through, but there's so much hockey on TV in the last few days, that I can't soak it up fast enough. I am looking to watch Toronto vs. Chicago later tonight. I was bouncing between the Jets vs. Stars, Canadiens vs. Penguins and Senators vs. Leafs game last night. Not. Enough. Time. For HOCKEY!!!
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

  6. #6
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    18,614

    Default

    My Flyers are effectively stinking out the place in their home opener, getting blitzed 4-0 after the first period by San Jose, the first two goals inside of the first three minutes, and eleven SECONDS apart. Brian Elliott started the game, but I’d be surprised if new backup Calvin Pickard isn’t in net to start the second period.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  7. #7
    Astonishing Member Arfguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    My Flyers are effectively stinking out the place in their home opener, getting blitzed 4-0 after the first period by San Jose, the first two goals inside of the first three minutes, and eleven SECONDS apart. Brian Elliott started the game, but I’d be surprised if new backup Calvin Pickard isn’t in net to start the second period.
    Damn. The final score ended up being 8-2. Brian Elliott ended up conceding all 8 goals. After about a week worth of games, it looks like scoring is up.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

  8. #8
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    18,614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Damn. The final score ended up being 8-2. Brian Elliott ended up conceding all 8 goals. After about a week worth of games, it looks like scoring is up.
    I don't for the life of me understand why Dave Hakstol left Elliott in to be strafed like he had. That didn't make a lick of sense. Oh, well, no time to cry of spilled milk as the Flyers will playing in Ottawa tonight.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  9. #9
    Astonishing Member Arfguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I don't for the life of me understand why Dave Hakstol left Elliott in to be strafed like he had. That didn't make a lick of sense. Oh, well, no time to cry of spilled milk as the Flyers will playing in Ottawa tonight.
    Won the game quite easily, beating Ottawa 7-4. Voracek with a 5 point night (2G, 3A).

    Sure enough, the Oilers are playing for the first time in like 5 days and it won't be on TV for me
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

  10. #10
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    18,614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Won the game quite easily, beating Ottawa 7-4. Voracek with a 5 point night (2G, 3A).
    Cal Pickford was in net last night. He wasn't exactly stellar, but was good enough to help the Flyers win. Next up: a Saturday afternoon home matinee against Vegas.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  11. #11
    Astonishing Member Arfguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Cal Pickford was in net last night. He wasn't exactly stellar, but was good enough to help the Flyers win. Next up: a Saturday afternoon home matinee against Vegas.
    I honestly don't think they were a fluke last year, but Vegas has gotten off to a really bad start this season.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

  12. #12
    Astonishing Member Arfguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,947

    Default

    WOW! That was tense. It was hard to watch my Oilers play vs. the Rangers, since they were desperate for a win. They are all playing on egg shells and it shows. They are so afraid to make mistakes that they don't go full speed. They edge out the 2-1 victory.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

  13. #13
    Astonishing Member Arfguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,947

    Default

    I don't know what Rod Brind'Amour has done for the Hurricanes, but that team looks good. They play a really aggressive style and their players look hungry for success. I just watched the game between Carolina and Winnipeg and the Hurricanes really took the fight to the Jets. Carolina played last night, but you couldn't tell from the number of dangerous scoring chances they put together. It's only because Laurent Brossoit played a strong game that the Jets were able to win.

    A 2-1 game that ended up being a 3-1 game due to an empty netter, but this game could have easily been 6-4 due to the number of great scoring chances.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

  14. #14
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    18,614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    I honestly don't think they were a fluke last year, but Vegas has gotten off to a really bad start this season.
    Well, Marc-Andre Fleury gave the Knights a boost on Saturday by shutting out my Flyers 1-0.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  15. #15
    Astonishing Member Arfguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, Marc-Andre Fleury gave the Knights a boost on Saturday by shutting out my Flyers 1-0.
    Yeah, he did.

    Looks like the Flyers and Panthers want to hog all the goals tonight
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •