Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sirmarkus View Post
    Hopefully they stay patient with Hart. Kid has potential, but you can't just throw him in and expect him to be a savior.
    Totally agree. I mean, the kid is only 20 after all. However, his time with the Flyers might be drawing to a close (for now) as both Brian Elliott and Anthony Stolarz will soon be activated from the injury list, meaning Hart might be sent back to the minors.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I can find no fault with your statement.
    Nor should you! Chiarelli is going to single-handedly set this franchise back 10 years. I understand that they are struggling to get defence. Why TF would you go out and get Brandon Manning? Besides the controversy between him and McDavid...he has not been very good with Chicago!

UGH!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Rookie goalie Carter Hart experienced his first early exit for the Flyers after allowing three goals on ten shots against Carolina and was replaced three minutes into the second period by Michal Neuvirth. Meanwhile, the Flyers’ offense has been missing in action as they’re making 35 year old journeyman Curtis McElhinney look like Jacques Plante.
    I like Carter Hart. I think he has a bright future, but man...no one should be thrown to the wolves like that. Especially when you're a 20 year old.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Oilers win, but still no secondary scoring. If the Oil are going to succeed, they really need Draisaitl to produce away from McDavid. You can't out gun teams in this league on a regular basis with only one line.

Oilers win, but still no secondary scoring. If the Oil are going to succeed, they really need Draisaitl to produce away from McDavid. You can't out gun teams in this league on a regular basis with only one line.
    I would love nothing better than to see Oilers have two lines going with McDavid and Draisailt as 1-2 at centre. Unfortunately, no matter what is attempted...the rest of the Oilers plugs cannot score. There was an article written about teams that get goal scoring from their top 4 and then secondary scoring. No surprise, but Tampa Bay has the best in terms of balanced scoring. Tampa Bay has gotten 82 goals from their top 4 and 67 from the rest.

The worst? Edmonton Oilers! They have gotten 75 from the top 4 and 24 from the rest. 24!!!! How the hell do you expect anyone to succeed when your bottom 9 forward cannot even hit 30 goals, collectively?

Trust me...i try to watch as many Oilers game as I can and the play from the Oilers' bottom 9 are so lacklustre and uninspired that I would never want Draisaitl playing on his own line. Right now, no one else seems to be able to score. I'd put McDavid, Draisaitl and Nugent-Hopkins on one line and let the rest of the losers fend for themselves if I didn't think it would be considered pure sabotage.

Fun fact that I heard today: The Flames haven't won a game in regulation in Philly since 2009, and the streak will continue!

Fun fact that I heard today: The Flames haven't won a game in regulation in Philly since 2009, and the streak will continue!
    Well, the Flames won in overtime, 3-2, sending my Flyers to their sixth straight loss.

At least both your teams seem to come out with some sense of urgency. Maybe the downside for both your teams is shaky goaltending or lack of talent or whatever, but actually showing up to play does not seem to be a factor for both Philadelphia or Calgary.

I was at a party and watched a few minutes of last night's game between Edmonton and LA and WOW! Talk about a lack of interest by the Oilers. This team is unbelievable sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    I was at a party and watched a few minutes of last night's game between Edmonton and LA and WOW! Talk about a lack of interest by the Oilers. This team is unbelievable sometimes.
    I'd be curious to hear what their room is like. I know Andrew Ference didn't have a lot of positive things to say from his time there, but then most of those guys are gone. That and there's no quick fix, their cap situation has seen to that, and I can garuntee that no GM in the league is going to throw them anything but an anchor.

Flyers tie NHL record by starting seventh goalie in loss to Capitals

The Philadelphia Flyers tied an NHL record by starting a seventh goalie in one season in a 5-3 loss to the Washington Capitals at Capital One Arena on Tuesday.

Mike McKenna, claimed off waivers by the Flyers from the Vancouver Canucks on Jan. 4, made 21 saves in the eighth straight loss for Philadelphia (15-22-6).

"I'd be lying to you if I didn't say it was a little bit of a challenge just from a lot of different logistical standpoints," said McKenna, who has played 35 games for seven NHL teams, "but my job is to play hockey and be a goaltender and stop the puck, and no matter what team I'm on, I'm going to do that to the best of my ability."
    I didn't even bother watching this mess since the Sixers were on at the same time, whipping Washington's shorthanded NBA squad. I'm done with the Flyers who've rolled over and played dead, it's time to blow up the roster, get rid of Giroux, Voracek and Simmonds then officially start over.

I didn't even bother watching this mess since the Sixers were on at the same time, whipping Washington's shorthanded NBA squad. I'm done with the Flyers who've rolled over and played dead, it's time to blow up the roster, get rid of Giroux, Voracek and Simmonds then officially start over.
    Agreed. Philly at least has a history of drafting well and being able to find some really good players. Now if only they could break their curse in the crease.

Well, the Flyers broke their eight game skid with a 2-1 over Dallas last night, powered by a great night in net by rookie Carter Hart. While I'm not ready to annoint this kid as the team's long sought savior in net, Hart has shown flashes of brilliance, so maybe we have something here.

I'd be curious to hear what their room is like. I know Andrew Ference didn't have a lot of positive things to say from his time there, but then most of those guys are gone. That and there's no quick fix, their cap situation has seen to that, and I can garuntee that no GM in the league is going to throw them anything but an anchor.
    **** Peter Chiarelli and **** Bob Nicholson. In fact, **** Daryl Katz while I am at it.

If it was possible for me to just punch each one of them in the face once with all my might...I'd make sure I'm wearing brass knuckles.

Well, I think there is a ton of teams that would be interested if the Flyers were cleaning house. From what I heard recently, though, Chuck Fletcher might not do that.

Agreed. Philly at least has a history of drafting well and being able to find some really good players. Now if only they could break their curse in the crease.
    Fair point. I think the Flyers draft really well. With Carter Hart, they may have fixed the one thing that's been troubling their draft history: finding a capable goaltender. The kid has looked pretty good in some games. It's really too bad he has basically no safety net. Back in the day, when I used to be a huge Maple Leafs fan...I was puzzled as to how Felix Potvin would be able to hold the Leafs afloat after Grant Fuhr got traded to the Sabres. Even though Darren Puppa, a decent veteran goalie, went to the Leafs on that trade, I thought Potvin would crumble. To his credit, Potvin held the team together. However, he always had a capable back up goalie in case he was not ready to go.

Hart cannot say the same. The Flyers have the worst luck when it comes to goalies.

I just hope they take their time with him. Maybe find a 1A for him to work with?

Conor Garland had a couple interesting goals tonight against the Oilers. Glad to see he came back after the first one - that looked painful!

Another big win by the Flames. I know Arizona isn't a great team, but this is exactly the kind of win the Flames need against a team like this.