Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sirmarkus View Post
    Do you remember when Ovechkin did the "My stick is on Fire" celebration? I loved that. Ovie is one of those players you can tell just loves the game and I find it infectious. I love seeing that in games.
    I'm actually sick of old school thinking when it comes to hockey. I'm not saying go overboard with goal celebrations, but I sometimes think that hockey players are way too reserved when they get goals. I love players like Ovechkin, Kane, Matthews showing emotions when they score a goal. A lot of hockey players seriously lack charisma.

I remember the "hot stick/stick on fire" celebration Ovi did. Loved it. My favourite is "the eagle" by Evgeny Kuznetsov!
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Oilers moved Talbot to Philly. Hopefully he can find some stability to his game and be a calming force for Hart. I like this for Philly.

I agree with hockey players being boring. Some of these guys have a lot of personality, and they should be allowed to let it out!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Oilers moved Talbot to Philly. Hopefully he can find some stability to his game and be a calming force for Hart. I like this for Philly.
    I just heard about the trade. A good move to bring in a veteran to backup Hart, especially since there's no telling if Brian Elliott or Michal Nuevirth will ever play for the team again.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I just heard about the trade. A good move to bring in a veteran to backup Hart, especially since there's no telling if Brian Elliott or Michal Nuevirth will ever play for the team again.
    For sure, you'll get a goalie that has been durable the last few years. I liked Cam. He came across as a good guy and a class act. I just think he got worn down in Edmonton. There was too much going on. I'm not saying it'll be easier for him in Philadelphia, but maybe a fresh start will help him rejuvenate his game.

And of course I woke up to Edmonton bring Sam Gagner back. It'll be all over the internet, but

Jordan Eberle turned into Ryan Strome, who turned into Ryan Spooner, who turned into Sam Gagner...who was traded away for basically nothing. The Oilers are something else

Yeah, that franchise is not a quick fix at all. I think Gagner might be able to provide some stability in the room, but at this point they just need to find a way to offload bad deals, and that won't be easy or pretty. Having Gagner around could help as the community does love the guy, and he could help on the PP.

In other news the Flames almost let the game against the Pens get away from them thanks to Crosby. That guy is still the best player in the world right now. No contest.

Yeah, that franchise is not a quick fix at all. I think Gagner might be able to provide some stability in the room, but at this point they just need to find a way to offload bad deals, and that won't be easy or pretty. Having Gagner around could help as the community does love the guy, and he could help on the PP.

In other news the Flames almost let the game against the Pens get away from them thanks to Crosby. That guy is still the best player in the world right now. No contest.
    Definitely no contest. I love that Connor McDavid is on the Oilers, but he does not do all the things that Crosby does. There is zero flaws to Crosby's game.

In other news: is anyone going to be able to stop the Tampa Bay Lightning this season? This team looks unbelievable on a regular basis.

Carter Hart had a rare bad day in net as he squandered a 5-1 third period lead against Detroit (the tying goal coming with seven seconds left in regulation), but Travis Konecny saved his bacon less than two minutes into overtime for a Flyers win. With the teams squaring off in Motown tonight, chances are newly acquired Cam Talbot will get the start, setting an NHL record as the EIGHTH goalie to play in a game for the Orange and Black.

Carter Hart had a rare bad day in net as he squandered a 5-1 third period lead against Detroit (the tying goal coming with seven seconds left in regulation), but Travis Konecny saved his bacon less than two minutes into overtime for a Flyers win. With the teams squaring off in Motown tonight, chances are newly acquired Cam Talbot will get the start, setting an NHL record as the EIGHTH goalie to play in a game for the Orange and Black.
    Carter Hart has been remarkable for the Flyers.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Carter Hart has been remarkable for the Flyers.
    That he has. By the by, Talbot wasn’t available Sunday night because he had yet to get his work visa, so Hart played his first back to back set and gave up only one goal. Right now, I’d say he’s the team’s MVP.

That he has. By the by, Talbot wasn’t available Sunday night because he had yet to get his work visa, so Hart played his first back to back set and gave up only one goal. Right now, I’d say he’s the team’s MVP.
    No doubt about it he appears to be saving the Flyers season. Same with Binnington over at St. Louis.

However, I think the Hart trophy winner should be the man who got 5 points tonight (2G,3A) to get to 99 points. While I agree that the Lightning are a great team, there is no denying how important Kucherov is to his team. Great player and I think he should win the Hart.

Check out this article. It's talking about active leaders in 5 categories: https://thehockeynews.com/news/artic...count-the-most

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    No doubt about it he appears to be saving the Flyers season. Same with Binnington over at St. Louis.

However, I think the Hart trophy winner should be the man who got 5 points tonight (2G,3A) to get to 99 points. While I agree that the Lightning are a great team, there is no denying how important Kucherov is to his team. Great player and I think he should win the Hart.

Check out this article. It's talking about active leaders in 5 categories: https://thehockeynews.com/news/artic...count-the-most
    Tampa is in town to face the Flyers tonight. It'll be interesting to see how Carter Hart handles one of the most potent offense in the league.

Tampa is in town to face the Flyers tonight. It'll be interesting to see how Carter Hart handles one of the most potent offense in the league.
    I’m sad to report Hart didn’t at all fare well as he was sent to the showers halfway through the first after giving up three goals to the Lightning who peppered him early and often. Brian Elliott, back from injury replaced Hart in net.

I’m sad to report Hart didn’t at all fare well as he was sent to the showers halfway through the first after giving up three goals to the Lightning who peppered him early and often. Brian Elliott, back from injury replaced Hart in net.
    Can't blame Hart, as the Lightning have been doing that to way too many teams. They are just that good. It's crazy when you think that Tampa Bay got 5 goals and Kucherov was not in on any of them. That is a deep line up.

i am looking forward to tonight's Avalanche vs. Jets game. Patrik Laine is in one of the worst slumps in the League, while MacKinnon, Rantanen and Landeskog have cooled off drastically.

Man, I wish the Pens would move Jack Johnson...
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    Man, I wish the Pens would move Jack Johnson...
    Apparently, Jim Rutherford is ok with the play of Johnson. Rutherford usually makes some bold moves to improve his teams. I think he's still got something cooking that might improve the Penguins.

I just watched the Avalanche destroy the Jets. WOW! Winnipeg looking like the Oilers tonight