Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    I just watched the Avalanche destroy the Jets. WOW! Winnipeg looking like the Oilers tonight
    Ouch!

Nice to see some secondary scoring in Colorado though.

Flames extend their win streak to three games, out shooting the Isles 32-19. I'm happy to see Smith play well, I just hope Rittich is ok. Hell, maybe they're just riding the hot hand right now.

Quote Originally Posted by sirmarkus View Post
    Ouch!

Nice to see some secondary scoring in Colorado though.

Flames extend their win streak to three games, out shooting the Isles 32-19. I'm happy to see Smith play well, I just hope Rittich is ok. Hell, maybe they're just riding the hot hand right now.
    I'm actually not a big fan of the back-and-forth when it comes to Calgary's goalie. I hope Rittich comes back to be the number one goalie. Mike Smith can win a few games, but this is a guy I have lost all confidence in to be there for the Flames when they need it most.

Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but two seasons I've watched a good Flames team being done in by Smith's injury issues.

My boy Ovi just keeps on chugging along. Got his League leading 43rd goal, but also his 650th goal. I think he would have easily had 680 goals if the 2004-2005 lockout didn't happen. What a star.

Speaking of stars, Nikita Kucherov just scored his 30th goal to get to 100 points in 62 games. That is elite level production from a man who was picked in the second round. He's the latest Russian born player to score consecutive 100 points since Ovechkin did it between 2007 and 2010.

Unbelievable hockey we are getting.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Looks like Carter Hart might be going through a rough patch as for the second straight game, he gave up three early goals and was pulled halfway through the first period in a 5-1 loss in Montreal last night. To be honest, it wasn't all on him as the speedy Canadiens overwhelmed Flyers blueliners and relentlessly buzzed the net, but the kid didn't at all look sharp. Next up is the Saturday night outdoor game against Pittsburgh (weather permitting, and it's not looking good with the forecast calling for rain), I wouldn't be surprised if Hart sits in favor of Brian Elliott or Cam Talbot, depending on who the backup is.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Flames win another one with Smith, I'm happy he's playing well, but Rittich is the goalie of the future for the team, and he should be playing. Hopefully he gets back in there soon. The team plays better in front of him.

I picked Kucherov in my work hockey pool. I'm loving seeing this kid play. I hope he keeps lighting it up!

Hart is a rookie still, he'll have his ups and downs, and you're right, the Habs have turned it on as of late. I hope he gets the outdoor opportunity, he's earned it!

Hart is a rookie still, he'll have his ups and downs, and you're right, the Habs have turned it on as of late. I hope he gets the outdoor opportunity, he's earned it!
    Well, sadly, that's not happening. Brian Elliott will start tonight in the outdoor game. The Flyers' rationale for sitting Hart is that the team is desperate for wins and to stay in the playoff race and interim coach Scott Gordon wants the veteran Elliott in net against the Penguins after his last two relief appearances. I suspect fans eager to see Hart might not be too pleased with the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Looks like Carter Hart might be going through a rough patch as for the second straight game, he gave up three early goals and was pulled halfway through the first period in a 5-1 loss in Montreal last night. To be honest, it wasn't all on him as the speedy Canadiens overwhelmed Flyers blueliners and relentlessly buzzed the net, but the kid didn't at all look sharp. Next up is the Saturday night outdoor game against Pittsburgh (weather permitting, and it's not looking good with the forecast calling for rain), I wouldn't be surprised if Hart sits in favor of Brian Elliott or Cam Talbot, depending on who the backup is.
    I just read that Hart is out at least 10 days with a lower body injury. I think it's kind of a blessing in disguise. I think Philadelphia is pinning their hopes on a young goalie to make a run for the playoffs, but I feel that's the wrong way to go about it. I fully think with better goaltending, the Flyers are a playoffs team. However, putting it on a 20 year old seems like desperation. I like the players the Flyers have. I think they'll be much better next year, but I think this is not the year to push a rookie netminder.

Flames win another one with Smith, I'm happy he's playing well, but Rittich is the goalie of the future for the team, and he should be playing. Hopefully he gets back in there soon. The team plays better in front of him.

I picked Kucherov in my work hockey pool. I'm loving seeing this kid play. I hope he keeps lighting it up!

Kucherov is just something else. He's put up 100 points in 62 games, putting him in elite company with the likes of Gretzky and Lemieux. That's insane. While there's no argument that the Bolts are a great team, what Kucherov has accomplished this season is spectacular.

Matt Duchene is no longer an Ottawa Senators. While I thought it was a brilliant move (despite the cost) for Ottawa to get Duchene, it is truly unfortunate that it did not yield better results. I really liked him in Ottawa and he has been playing great this season. With Duchene now a Blue Jacket, I really hope that Columbus makes the playoffs and makes some noise. I want to see Duchene in the playoffs. Great player that has been held off the post season for far too long.

The Jackets grabbed Dzingel today too. If they can net Stone they'll have most of Ottawa's key pieces!

The Flyers roared back from a 3-1 deficit to beat Pittsburgh 4-3 in overtime last night in the outdoor game. Plenty exciting to say the least!

The Jackets grabbed Dzingel today too. If they can net Stone they'll have most of Ottawa's key pieces!
    I am a bit surprised that Dzingel went to Columbus. I thought he'd be headed to another team, but you can tell the Blue Jackets are serious about their playoff run this year. They've now got one of the better group of forwards with the likes of Panarin, Dubois, Atkinson, Anderson and now Duchene and Dzingel. Astonishing. I am looking for Columbus make some big noise. I think they'll be holding onto Panarin and Bobrovsky until the end of the season.

The Flyers roared back from a 3-1 deficit to beat Pittsburgh 4-3 in overtime last night in the outdoor game. Plenty exciting to say the least!
    That was a pretty impressive comeback. Good on the Flyers. Maybe they've realized they have a better team than they were playing as and didn't really need Hart to save them. I hope they can keep chipping away.

I am a little bit baffled by the Washington Capitals. I thought they added a couple of good pieces in Hagelin and Jensen, but they seem to be getting some sub-par goaltending. They basically gave away an extra point to the Rangers. My boy Ovi keeps plugging away, now with 44 goals, but it seems like they are in a funk.

That was such a great game and great win. Philly roared back. That hit in the first was rough, and I’m surprised it didn’t escalate from there. But that was a great game!

Pens goalie (can’t recall his name) was real sloppy in OT letting that goal in.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    That was a pretty impressive comeback. Good on the Flyers. Maybe they've realized they have a better team than they were playing as and didn't really need Hart to save them. I hope they can keep chipping away.
    Yeah, but I can't help but think that it might be too little, too late as the Flyers are, as of this morning, seven points behind Carolina for the second Wild Card spot with 20 games left.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    That was such a great game and great win. Philly roared back. That hit in the first was rough, and I’m surprised it didn’t escalate from there. But that was a great game!

Pens goalie (can’t recall his name) was real sloppy in OT letting that goal in.
    That was Matt Murray, the Pens number one goalie. And yeah, I've seen him play better.

I don't have much to say about the Edmonton Oilers. I will say this, though: I am so glad that we have Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl. Draisaitl has been on a tear lately and man did he score a beauty of a goal last night. Too bad most of the team can't even be bothered to show up for the game (Ryan Nugent-Hopkins excepted).

Moving on...

Patrick Kane should be a serious contender for the Hart, whether Chicago makes the playoffs or not. I think he's dragged them out of obscurity this season by putting up a career season. He was responsible for the winning goal against Anaheim in regulation. He had a great set up, but finishing is important in the NHL and he made no mistake.

Kane would be a solid pick for the Hart, especially if Chicago makes the playoffs.

Barkov had a hell of a night tonight, 5 points. It was a pretty high scoring night overall. Winnipeg had 8, Anaheim had 8, and Florida 6.

Kane would be a solid pick for the Hart, especially if Chicago makes the playoffs.

Barkov had a hell of a night tonight, 5 points. It was a pretty high scoring night overall. Winnipeg had 8, Anaheim had 8, and Florida 6.
    Last night's games were all pretty high scoring. I honestly did not expect Anaheim to win so convincingly over the Canadiens. On the one hand, Montreal is fighting for a playoff spot, so I thought they'd put up more of a fight. Also, Anaheim has had trouble scoring all season. That should have led to a really tight game. Surprised Anaheim got so many past Carey Price, who is one of the strongest things about the Canadiens this year.

I also found it surprising that Winnipeg got 8 goals o nthe night and Patrick Laine did not get a single goal. WOW he's in a slump.

Flyers surge past Islanders with five unanswered goals

https://www.nhl.com/news/philadelphi...ap/c-305614172

In two straight games on the Island, the Flyers outscored New York 9-3. Not bad!