Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 262
  1. #31
    Astonishing Member Arfguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    I have been inspired by ESPN for once. Who do you guys feel is the greatest hockey player to never win a championship?
    Statistically, there are a few. I'll go with a personal opinion, as I want to be able to say that I watched this individual play and play hard, but never win: Pavel Bure. IMO, one of the best hockey player to ever play the game, IMO.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

  2. #32
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series
    Posts
    14,619

    Default

    My Hawks lost to the hated Blues last night. Kaner scored 2 more goals and now leads the league. This is the best start he's ever had and that's amazing, considering what he's done.

    Unfortunately, our defense decided to take the night off and didn't help Crow out much.

    Arf, we play your Oilers today.
    But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.--Isaiah 40:31

    “Everything’s impossible until somebody does it.” – Batman

    “You want weapons? We're in a library! Books! Best weapons in the world!"--The Doctor

  3. #33
    Astonishing Member Arfguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    My Hawks lost to the hated Blues last night. Kaner scored 2 more goals and now leads the league. This is the best start he's ever had and that's amazing, considering what he's done.

    Unfortunately, our defense decided to take the night off and didn't help Crow out much.

    Arf, we play your Oilers today.
    Only today, we are enemies brother

    Just kidding. I have no idea what to expect from this game. The Hawks look rejuvenated, with Toews looking every bit the great player that I know he is. DeBrincat has been an absolute steal in the draft and Patrick Kane is...well, Patrick Kane.

    I gotta say, I am all kinds of disappointed at what Brandon Saad has become. Why is he struggling so much? He is so much better than this.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

  4. #34
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    17,836

    Default

    Things are going downhill for the Flyers like an 18-wheeler without brakes after they were bitchslapped 6-1 by the Islanders on home ice yesterday. To say my squad, now 4-7-0 looks like shit would be an understatement, hell, while I’d love to see head coach Dave Hakstol whom I’ve never liked from day one get the ax, I doubt that would make a difference.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  5. #35
    Astonishing Member Arfguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Things are going downhill for the Flyers like an 18-wheeler without brakes after they were bitchslapped 6-1 by the Islanders on home ice yesterday. To say my squad, now 4-7-0 looks like shit would be an understatement, hell, while I’d love to see head coach Dave Hakstol whom I’ve never liked from day one get the ax, I doubt that would make a difference.
    I think the Flyers have zero faith in their goaltending. They've been going with this goaltending carousel and it is not working. Who will be the goalie next game? Elliott? Neuvirth? Pickard? Not a good way for a team to develop consistency.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

  6. #36
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series
    Posts
    14,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Only today, we are enemies brother

    Just kidding. I have no idea what to expect from this game. The Hawks look rejuvenated, with Toews looking every bit the great player that I know he is. DeBrincat has been an absolute steal in the draft and Patrick Kane is...well, Patrick Kane.

    I gotta say, I am all kinds of disappointed at what Brandon Saad has become. Why is he struggling so much? He is so much better than this.
    Their offense is clicking this year despite Saad's struggles, but I sure would be nice to get him going. I think Ward is in net today, so you shouldn't have a problem scoring.
    But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.--Isaiah 40:31

    “Everything’s impossible until somebody does it.” – Batman

    “You want weapons? We're in a library! Books! Best weapons in the world!"--The Doctor

  7. #37
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series
    Posts
    14,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Things are going downhill for the Flyers like an 18-wheeler without brakes after they were bitchslapped 6-1 by the Islanders on home ice yesterday. To say my squad, now 4-7-0 looks like shit would be an understatement, hell, while I’d love to see head coach Dave Hakstol whom I’ve never liked from day one get the ax, I doubt that would make a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    I think the Flyers have zero faith in their goaltending. They've been going with this goaltending carousel and it is not working. Who will be the goalie next game? Elliott? Neuvirth? Pickard? Not a good way for a team to develop consistency.
    I said that last year. They need to do whatever it takes to find a franchise goalie. Them seem content though to ride it out with what they have.
    But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.--Isaiah 40:31

    “Everything’s impossible until somebody does it.” – Batman

    “You want weapons? We're in a library! Books! Best weapons in the world!"--The Doctor

  8. #38
    Astonishing Member Arfguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I said that last year. They need to do whatever it takes to find a franchise goalie. Them seem content though to ride it out with what they have.
    From every single analyst I have heard speak of the Flyers and their goaltending, it is pretty obvious that they are just counting the days until they feel Carter Hart is ready to take over as the goalie of the future. My problem with that mentality is...you are wasting the talents of Giroux, Voracek, Couturier, Simmonds, Gostisbehere and Provarov. That is a lot of talented players on the team and if you cannot find adequate goaltending, you are not doing a good enough job. I honestly thought they had found a band-aid solution when they picked up Pickard, but he has not looked up to the task. I do not know what the solution is, but the Flyers will not make the playoffs with such shoddy goaltending.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

  9. #39
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series
    Posts
    14,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    From every single analyst I have heard speak of the Flyers and their goaltending, it is pretty obvious that they are just counting the days until they feel Carter Hart is ready to take over as the goalie of the future. My problem with that mentality is...you are wasting the talents of Giroux, Voracek, Couturier, Simmonds, Gostisbehere and Provarov. That is a lot of talented players on the team and if you cannot find adequate goaltending, you are not doing a good enough job. I honestly thought they had found a band-aid solution when they picked up Pickard, but he has not looked up to the task. I do not know what the solution is, but the Flyers will not make the playoffs with such shoddy goaltending.
    This. They are wasting their years by not having a good goalie. And Hart is not a sure thing. No rookie is. Never a good idea to bank on a rookie being good.
    But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.--Isaiah 40:31

    “Everything’s impossible until somebody does it.” – Batman

    “You want weapons? We're in a library! Books! Best weapons in the world!"--The Doctor

  10. #40
    Astonishing Member Arfguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    This. They are wasting their years by not having a good goalie. And Hart is not a sure thing. No rookie is. Never a good idea to bank on a rookie being good.
    It's 1-1 so far, boss Kane doing his thing. He is so good.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

  11. #41
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series
    Posts
    14,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    It's 1-1 so far, boss Kane doing his thing. He is so good.
    Yeah, but it took a 5-3 advantage to score. Talbot has played good. Cam has too. He's come up with about 4 great stops. It could easily be 4-1 Oilers.
    But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.--Isaiah 40:31

    “Everything’s impossible until somebody does it.” – Batman

    “You want weapons? We're in a library! Books! Best weapons in the world!"--The Doctor

  12. #42
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series
    Posts
    14,619

    Default

    Good chance for Saad, but he just didn't finish. That's been his problem the last year and this year so far. He's still fast and great with the puck, but for whatever reason he just can't finish plays.
    But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.--Isaiah 40:31

    “Everything’s impossible until somebody does it.” – Batman

    “You want weapons? We're in a library! Books! Best weapons in the world!"--The Doctor

  13. #43
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    17,836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I said that last year. They need to do whatever it takes to find a franchise goalie. Them seem content though to ride it out with what they have.
    It’s not all the goaltending, the bluelners have sucked, turning over the puck in their end and making poor decisions. As for that franchise goalie, the team seems to think that’s 20 year old Carter Hart who’s in the minors.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  14. #44
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series
    Posts
    14,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    It’s not all the goaltending, the bluelners have sucked, turning over the puck in their end and making poor decisions. As for that franchise goalie, the team seems to think that’s 20 year old Carter Hart who’s in the minors.
    He looked good in preseason and has all the tools, but you just can't ever say "that goalie is a sure thing" (not that you are WPP). Odds are, he probably won't get the nod for at least a year, maybe more.
    But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.--Isaiah 40:31

    “Everything’s impossible until somebody does it.” – Batman

    “You want weapons? We're in a library! Books! Best weapons in the world!"--The Doctor

  15. #45
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series
    Posts
    14,619

    Default

    What a shame. Probably Cam's best game of the year and the Hawks couldn't pull out the win. They managed to get 1 point, but dang that stinks.

    And wouldn't you know it, the Hawks did a good job of keeping McDavid contained for the whole game and one mistake in OT and he buried the game winner.
    But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.--Isaiah 40:31

    “Everything’s impossible until somebody does it.” – Batman

    “You want weapons? We're in a library! Books! Best weapons in the world!"--The Doctor

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •