Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

My Hawks lost to the hated Blues last night. Kaner scored 2 more goals and now leads the league. This is the best start he's ever had and that's amazing, considering what he's done.

Unfortunately, our defense decided to take the night off and didn't help Crow out much.

Arf, we play your Oilers today.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    My Hawks lost to the hated Blues last night. Kaner scored 2 more goals and now leads the league. This is the best start he's ever had and that's amazing, considering what he's done.

Unfortunately, our defense decided to take the night off and didn't help Crow out much.

Arf, we play your Oilers today.
    Only today, we are enemies brother

Just kidding. I have no idea what to expect from this game. The Hawks look rejuvenated, with Toews looking every bit the great player that I know he is. DeBrincat has been an absolute steal in the draft and Patrick Kane is...well, Patrick Kane.

I gotta say, I am all kinds of disappointed at what Brandon Saad has become. Why is he struggling so much? He is so much better than this.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Things are going downhill for the Flyers like an 18-wheeler without brakes after they were bitchslapped 6-1 by the Islanders on home ice yesterday. To say my squad, now 4-7-0 looks like **** would be an understatement, hell, while I’d love to see head coach Dave Hakstol whom I’ve never liked from day one get the ax, I doubt that would make a difference.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Things are going downhill for the Flyers like an 18-wheeler without brakes after they were bitchslapped 6-1 by the Islanders on home ice yesterday. To say my squad, now 4-7-0 looks like **** would be an understatement, hell, while I’d love to see head coach Dave Hakstol whom I’ve never liked from day one get the ax, I doubt that would make a difference.
    I think the Flyers have zero faith in their goaltending. They've been going with this goaltending carousel and it is not working. Who will be the goalie next game? Elliott? Neuvirth? Pickard? Not a good way for a team to develop consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Only today, we are enemies brother

Just kidding. I have no idea what to expect from this game. The Hawks look rejuvenated, with Toews looking every bit the great player that I know he is. DeBrincat has been an absolute steal in the draft and Patrick Kane is...well, Patrick Kane.

I gotta say, I am all kinds of disappointed at what Brandon Saad has become. Why is he struggling so much? He is so much better than this.
    Their offense is clicking this year despite Saad's struggles, but I sure would be nice to get him going. I think Ward is in net today, so you shouldn't have a problem scoring.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I think the Flyers have zero faith in their goaltending. They've been going with this goaltending carousel and it is not working. Who will be the goalie next game? Elliott? Neuvirth? Pickard? Not a good way for a team to develop consistency.
    I said that last year. They need to do whatever it takes to find a franchise goalie. Them seem content though to ride it out with what they have.

I said that last year. They need to do whatever it takes to find a franchise goalie. Them seem content though to ride it out with what they have.
    From every single analyst I have heard speak of the Flyers and their goaltending, it is pretty obvious that they are just counting the days until they feel Carter Hart is ready to take over as the goalie of the future. My problem with that mentality is...you are wasting the talents of Giroux, Voracek, Couturier, Simmonds, Gostisbehere and Provarov. That is a lot of talented players on the team and if you cannot find adequate goaltending, you are not doing a good enough job. I honestly thought they had found a band-aid solution when they picked up Pickard, but he has not looked up to the task. I do not know what the solution is, but the Flyers will not make the playoffs with such shoddy goaltending.

From every single analyst I have heard speak of the Flyers and their goaltending, it is pretty obvious that they are just counting the days until they feel Carter Hart is ready to take over as the goalie of the future. My problem with that mentality is...you are wasting the talents of Giroux, Voracek, Couturier, Simmonds, Gostisbehere and Provarov. That is a lot of talented players on the team and if you cannot find adequate goaltending, you are not doing a good enough job. I honestly thought they had found a band-aid solution when they picked up Pickard, but he has not looked up to the task. I do not know what the solution is, but the Flyers will not make the playoffs with such shoddy goaltending.
    This. They are wasting their years by not having a good goalie. And Hart is not a sure thing. No rookie is. Never a good idea to bank on a rookie being good.

This. They are wasting their years by not having a good goalie. And Hart is not a sure thing. No rookie is. Never a good idea to bank on a rookie being good.
    It's 1-1 so far, boss Kane doing his thing. He is so good.

It's 1-1 so far, boss Kane doing his thing. He is so good.
    Yeah, but it took a 5-3 advantage to score. Talbot has played good. Cam has too. He's come up with about 4 great stops. It could easily be 4-1 Oilers.

Good chance for Saad, but he just didn't finish. That's been his problem the last year and this year so far. He's still fast and great with the puck, but for whatever reason he just can't finish plays.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

It’s not all the goaltending, the bluelners have sucked, turning over the puck in their end and making poor decisions. As for that franchise goalie, the team seems to think that’s 20 year old Carter Hart who’s in the minors.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

It’s not all the goaltending, the bluelners have sucked, turning over the puck in their end and making poor decisions. As for that franchise goalie, the team seems to think that’s 20 year old Carter Hart who’s in the minors.
    He looked good in preseason and has all the tools, but you just can't ever say "that goalie is a sure thing" (not that you are WPP). Odds are, he probably won't get the nod for at least a year, maybe more.

What a shame. Probably Cam's best game of the year and the Hawks couldn't pull out the win. They managed to get 1 point, but dang that stinks.

And wouldn't you know it, the Hawks did a good job of keeping McDavid contained for the whole game and one mistake in OT and he buried the game winner.

What a shame. Probably Cam's best game of the year and the Hawks couldn't pull out the win. They managed to get 1 point, but dang that stinks.

And wouldn't you know it, the Hawks did a good job of keeping McDavid contained for the whole game and one mistake in OT and he buried the game winner.
    I was holding my breath the entire time. I remember the last OT game that the Hawks and Oilers had, where Kane basically deked out half the Oilers to score a winner. I am glad that my team got the extra point, but this was hardly a great game by either team, IMO.