Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Just got an alert that Joel Quennville was fired by the Blackhawks today.
    Saw that when I got home from physical therapy. I'd like to say I was shocked but I wasn't. The writing has been on the wall since last year. StanBo probably saw the 5 game losing streak as the final straw.

Whoever gets him will be happy. He's one of the greatest coaches of all time.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    I...kind of saw it coming. Too bad for Joel, but I have a feeling he will find work, very shortly.
    He can sit back the rest of this season and just collect his paychecks from the Hawks and then pick the best job available in the off season. Or he could be hired tomorrow by another team if they provide compensation to the Hawks in draft picks or a player.

Either scenario could happen and I wouldn't be surprised.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    He can sit back the rest of this season and just collect his paychecks from the Hawks and then pick the best job available in the off season. Or he could be hired tomorrow by another team if they provide compensation to the Hawks in draft picks or a player.

Either scenario could happen and I wouldn't be surprised.
    He's a great coach and will go down in history as one of the best. I am very curious to see where he ends up.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

WOW! How much of a crappier situation can the Ottawa Senators organization be in?

If I'm a GM I don't want any of those guys on my team. Duchene just cost himself some $$$ when his contract comes up.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I...kind of saw it coming. Too bad for Joel, but I have a feeling he will find work, very shortly.
    Quennville will have his choice of jobs to be sure. Sadly, I doubt Philly will be on that list, no matter how bad the Flyers do the rest of the season, Ron Hextall won't can Dave Hakstol, his first ever coaching hire.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

That Vancouver Canucks vs. Buffalo Sabres game was pretty exciting. Hopefully Buffalo starts figuring out who they are, because they've got a young, exciting team with some pretty good players.

Another game, another lacklustre game from the Edmonton Oilers. When this team was winning, they looked interested. Sadly, they've lost 4 in a row and looked disinterested in each of those 4 games.

Something drastic needs to happen. I do not believe this team is as bad as they are.

Well, goaltending is the weak point in Calgary again. I know Mike Smith is a pro, dude faces the music after every loss, but he's got to play better.

Quote Originally Posted by sirmarkus View Post
    Well, goaltending is the weak point in Calgary again. I know Mike Smith is a pro, dude faces the music after every loss, but he's got to play better.
    I say they start playing Rittich as much as possible. Rittich has much better numbers.

Also: goodbye Ryan Strome. We hardly knew ye...especially since you barely had an identity. I'm not over the moon for Ryan Spooner, but anything's gotta be better than Strome, right? WOW...what is it about Edmonton that brings out the bland in players?

Well, that was disappointing. Edmonton came out strong against the Calgary Flames. Flames players like Tkachuk and Backlund get under the Oilers skin. Todd juggles the line to prevent further provocation of their stars and the Flames start taking the fight to the Oilers, with a huge 3rd period comeback.

Todd McLellan gets out-coached again.

St. Louis canned head coach Mike Yeo and replaced him with Craig Berube.

Man, the penguins have been really stinking it up the last couple weeks. Just all around bad defense. I hope the can start to turn things around soon.
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Well, that was disappointing. Edmonton came out strong against the Calgary Flames. Flames players like Tkachuk and Backlund get under the Oilers skin. Todd juggles the line to prevent further provocation of their stars and the Flames start taking the fight to the Oilers, with a huge 3rd period comeback.

Todd McLellan gets out-coached again.
    Well, that won’t happen again anytime soon. Just got an alert from Bleacher Report that McLellan was fired today and replaced by Ken Hitchcock.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, that won’t happen again anytime soon. Just got an alert from Bleacher Report that McLellan was fired today and replaced by Ken Hitchcock.
    What an absolute **** show! If there was any coach that could have been chosen by the Edmonton Oilers to coach this team further into the ground, it's Hitchcock.

The team might see a quick spike, because Hitchcock is new. Alas, his ideals and methodology is so out-dated that it's only a matter of time that the Oilers are in the basement...again.

What an absolute **** show! If there was any coach that could have been chosen by the Edmonton Oilers to coach this team further into the ground, it's Hitchcock.

The team might see a quick spike, because Hitchcock is new. Alas, his ideals and methodology is so out-dated that it's only a matter of time that the Oilers are in the basement...again.
    Agreed, the issues on this team aren't going to be solved by a coaching change. A new GM is needed and they need to revamp the entire scouting department. If they could find a way to win a trade or two they'd be in a better place, but the Chia has built a team that the Hockey Gods themselves wouldn't be able to coach to the playoffs.