Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Chiming in a little late here, but maybe the new Seattle team should be called the Suprasonics
    Only if they are sponsored by and have the Toyota logo as a shoulder patch!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

After a great comeback win for the Flyers in Buffalo on Saturday, they were in Winnipeg yesterday and got smoked 7-1. URGH!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

A few hits:

-I actually like the Krakens. I think it would be a cool name and logo and as mentioned already, the marketing with Liam Neeson's version of "Release the Kraken" would be awesome

-Barring something drastic happening, Elias Petterson is going to win the Calder. The kid just racked up 5 points last night.

-things are getting testy in St. Louis. After the most recent thrashing, there was a fist fight in practice

-man, it was tough watching the Calgary vs. Edmonton match last night. The game was way too close for my liking
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

My boy Ovi just doing his thing...getting a hat trick to get to 25 goals on the season. What a legend!

My boy Ovi just doing his thing...getting a hat trick to get to 25 goals on the season. What a legend!
    Ovi is definitely benefitting from the crackdown on clutch and grab and slashing. As it should be. Ovi can score like crazy and players like him need to be free to exploit their talent.

I'm also pretty happy with the outcome of the Flames game. Gaudreau, Monahan and Tkachuk had a great night. I'm just wishing that if Smith knew he wasn't 100% that he'd told the team and let Rittich start. Hope he's ok.

My Flyers were a hair over a minute away from a win over Calgary when they choked it all away, letting the Flames score twice to force overtime (the second score coming with seven seconds left), followed by Johnny Hockey scoring the game winner 35 seconds into overtime. URGH! Frustrating!

Quote Originally Posted by sirmarkus View Post
    Ovi is definitely benefitting from the crackdown on clutch and grab and slashing. As it should be. Ovi can score like crazy and players like him need to be free to exploit their talent.

I'm also pretty happy with the outcome of the Flames game. Gaudreau, Monahan and Tkachuk had a great night. I'm just wishing that if Smith knew he wasn't 100% that he'd told the team and let Rittich start. Hope he's ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    My Flyers were a hair over a minute away from a win over Calgary when they choked it all away, letting the Flames score twice to force overtime (the second score coming with seven seconds left), followed by Johnny Hockey scoring the game winner 35 seconds into overtime. URGH! Frustrating!
    It sucks for you, WPP, but that was an exciting hockey game. Don't feel bad, either...since Calgary has done that to a number of teams. They've got one of the most dynamic top lines and their whole team seems to be pouring it on when it comes to offence. The only weak-link to Calgary's game I can see is their uncertainty in net. I felt for a while that Rittich should be the go-to guy for a while, since Mike Smith was struggling mightily. However, Smith came back with a few strong games and Calgary was all-too happy to let him start.

I think even when Smith comes back, Calgary should keep Rittich as the starter. It's very obvious Smith cannot stay healthy the full season.

Yeah, Johnny just might be the best OT player in the NHL right now.

Flames won again in Minnesota! Rittich was the star in this one and the rest of the team grinded it out. I'm liking that Calgary is versatile enough to win in different ways this season, though I prefer the big blowout wins. It's easier on the ticker.

Another day, another train wreck of a game for the Flyers as they were whomped 5-1 by Vancouver last night, going 0-3-1 in their last four games. Oh, yeah, there was a problem in net as starter Anthony Stolarz left halfway through the first period thanks to injury. URGH!

Quote Originally Posted by sirmarkus View Post
    Flames won again in Minnesota! Rittich was the star in this one and the rest of the team grinded it out. I'm liking that Calgary is versatile enough to win in different ways this season, though I prefer the big blowout wins. It's easier on the ticker.
    LOL...7-2 win good enough for ya?

LOL...7-2 win good enough for ya?
    I listened to it on the radio while driving home from Calgary. Made for a pretty nice drive!

So, after reports surfaced yesterday afternoon that Dave Hakstol was to be fired today, the Flyers announced that wasn't true. The circus has officially come to town!

So, after reports surfaced yesterday afternoon that Dave Hakstol was to be fired today, the Flyers announced that wasn't true. The circus has officially come to town!
    Only to be actually fired. Carter Hart gets the call? Really Philly?

Only to be actually fired. Carter Hart gets the call? Really Philly?
    And Hart’s coach with the Phantoms, Scott Gordon will take over for Hakstol. As for the kid, rumor has it he might start tomorrow at home against Detroit. I’m not liking this, not one bit, our blueliners have been a dumpster fire all season, Hart will be thrown in the deep end of the pool with dumbbells chained to his ankles. This will not end well.