Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    And Hart’s coach with the Phantoms, Scott Gordon will take over for Hakstol. As for the kid, rumor has it he might start tomorrow at home against Detroit. I’m not liking this, not one bit, our blueliners have been a dumpster fire all season, Hart will be thrown in the deep end of the pool with dumbbells chained to his ankles. This will not end well.
    He pulled off the win. Good for him. However, I still do not like this move by the Flyers. There are other things they can do given their goaltending woes.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    He pulled off the win. Good for him. However, I still do not like this move by the Flyers. There are other things they can do given their goaltending woes.
    I suspect the Flyers had no choice since Anthony Stolarz went down from injury, Brian Elliott and Michal Nuevirth are still out, Cal Pickard was released and Alex Lyon was all that was left on the big team roster.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I suspect the Flyers had no choice since Anthony Stolarz went down from injury, Brian Elliott and Michal Nuevirth are still out, Cal Pickard was released and Alex Lyon was all that was left on the big team roster.
    Hopefully as soon as they are able they can move him back to the AHL. Getting a taste of the big league isn't a bad thing, but you definitely don't want to wreck his development.

Man...didn't realize that every single Flyers goalie was injured. WTF?! I knew Neuvirth couldn't go through an entire season without getting injurd, but I thought at least Elliott would remain healthy. WOW! The Flyers have a dire situation. At least the kid has pulled off a couple of wins.

Quote Originally Posted by sirmarkus View Post
    Hopefully as soon as they are able they can move him back to the AHL. Getting a taste of the big league isn't a bad thing, but you definitely don't want to wreck his development.
    Agreed. Throwing a kid into the deep end without some form of safety net can be pretty scary...especially if you're hoping for some kind of future with him being a big part of it.

I'm an Edmonton Oilers fan who lives in Toronto, so when I go to TSN.ca/NHL it bothers the hell out me when the story of an AHL player for the Leafs takes priority over an Erik Karlsson 2-game suspension!

UGH!

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Hey everyone, what's new?

I honestly haven't been keeping up with hockey this year like I usually do. Between moving into a new house and trying to unpack plus having to deal with hip surgery, I haven't caught that many games. Probably a good thing since my Hawks stink bad and would just give me high blood pressure watching them.

Did I miss anything big happening around the league besides Q being fired?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Hey everyone, what's new?

I honestly haven't been keeping up with hockey this year like I usually do. Between moving into a new house and trying to unpack plus having to deal with hip surgery, I haven't caught that many games. Probably a good thing since my Hawks stink bad and would just give me high blood pressure watching them.

Did I miss anything big happening around the league besides Q being fired?
    Hey Whovian. Nice to see you on this thread. A few things happened.

Todd MacLellan was fired by the Oilers and Ken Hitchcock was hired. I don't personally like the Hitchcock hire, but it's done.

Dave Hakstoll has also been fired by the Flyers after some social media controversy.

Hey Whovian. Nice to see you on this thread. A few things happened.

Todd MacLellan was fired by the Oilers and Ken Hitchcock was hired. I don't personally like the Hitchcock hire, but it's done.

Dave Hakstoll has also been fired by the Flyers after some social media controversy.
    Thanks Arf. I thought I heard a rumor that Hakstol was going to be fired and they were going to hire Q, then reports came out that they weren't going to fire him. Weird. So they did.

Besides looking at the standings (which can be misleading), what teams look like real strong candidates to win the cup?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Thanks Arf. I thought I heard a rumor that Hakstol was going to be fired and they were going to hire Q, then reports came out that they weren't going to fire him. Weird. So they did.

Besides looking at the standings (which can be misleading), what teams look like real strong candidates to win the cup?
    Tampa Bay looks ready to win. They've gotten every aspect of their game covered. All players doing amazing.

I'm just going to take a shot in the dark and say that Washington repeats

Hey WPP. Are you watching the World Juniors tournament? Philadelphia pick Morgan Frost is looking pretty good so far, with 3 goals and an assist so far in the first game.

Tampa Bay looks ready to win. They've gotten every aspect of their game covered. All players doing amazing.

I'm just going to take a shot in the dark and say that Washington repeats
    Thanks Arf!

Edmonton Oilers are the most inept sports organization of all time!

That is all.

Edmonton Oilers are the most inept sports organization of all time!

That is all.
    I can find no fault with your statement.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Rookie goalie Carter Hart experienced his first early exit for the Flyers after allowing three goals on ten shots against Carolina and was replaced three minutes into the second period by Michal Neuvirth. Meanwhile, the Flyers’ offense has been missing in action as they’re making 35 year old journeyman Curtis McElhinney look like Jacques Plante.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Rookie goalie Carter Hart experienced his first early exit for the Flyers after allowing three goals on ten shots against Carolina and was replaced three minutes into the second period by Michal Neuvirth. Meanwhile, the Flyers’ offense has been missing in action as they’re making 35 year old journeyman Curtis McElhinney look like Jacques Plante.
    Hopefully they stay patient with Hart. Kid has potential, but you can't just throw him in and expect him to be a savior.