Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Even for the one-note personality Glob has, how do different writers manage to write him completely different. Morrison, Kalan, Lemire, Strain, Brisson, and now Auckerman. It's so awkward.
    And they all say they're huge fans of him!

So what do you guys think will happen with Apocalypse being only human now

I actually liked this issue. Mojo isn't a character i usually like, but this issue was great. It was funny, I liked to see his relationship with Glob, and him trying to pick up chicks too. Good book

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    I imagine that he'll get his powers back and be even more crazy than normal. But the question is, what is that place he's at? Why is it effecting his powers?

Fantastic Member

Okay, I liked this. Sure, it kind of glossed over how nuts and dangerous Mojo really is, but he's been on Earth since at least X-Men Gold 12-13ish. Maybe it's starting to affect him.

Given how pointed (and accurate!) the meta-commentary on X-Fans was, I'm inclined to believe that Aukerman is a big fan. If his Mojo was a bit more psychotic, I'd be happy to read more of this down the line.

"I PERSONALLY watched them DO IT!"

The Apocalypse story gets more and more interesting. He was always my favorite villain and seeing this thing happen to him is crazy.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by magneticmushroom View Post
    Okay, I liked this. Sure, it kind of glossed over how nuts and dangerous Mojo really is, but he's been on Earth since at least X-Men Gold 12-13ish. Maybe it's starting to affect him.

Given how pointed (and accurate!) the meta-commentary on X-Fans was, I'm inclined to believe that Aukerman is a big fan. If his Mojo was a bit more psychotic, I'd be happy to read more of this down the line.

"I PERSONALLY watched them DO IT!"

The Apocalypse story gets more and more interesting. He was always my favorite villain and seeing this thing happen to him is crazy.
    Why, Mojo, why?

I love how Mojo is just out and about and no one really cares. Yeah, Mojo is an incredibly dangerous threat, but nope, we'll just leave him alone and let him pick up young women. He ain't hurting anyone!

I think what's fun with Mojo is that it does sort of tie into what's happening with Apocalypse. Both Mojo and Apocalypse are really mean and cruel characters that don't have a lot of redemptive qualities, so seeing them each so vulnerable and bare to the world-especially as Apocalypse is mostly naked throughout his sectiom-is rather interesting just by itself.

God Zamn this was horrible. Softer side of villians is like adding an ethnic orphan to a TV show. It's pandering, predictable, and patronizing

BANNED

I'm still trying to figure out who Mojo was supposed to be mocking at the beginning: Fans of younger characters who want to see them in positions of greater prominence, even if it comes at the expense of "classic" characters? Fans of older characters who throw a fit over the slightest change to status quo? Writers and editors hung up on nostalgia for the state of the books when they were a kid and can use their position to reinforce it regardless of how ridiculous the plot becomes?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out who Mojo was supposed to be mocking at the beginning: Fans of younger characters who want to see them in positions of greater prominence, even if it comes at the expense of "classic" characters? Fans of older characters who throw a fit over the slightest change to status quo? Writers and editors hung up on nostalgia for the state of the books when they were a kid and can use their position to reinforce it regardless of how ridiculous the plot becomes?
    They are making fun of Ethan Van Sciver, Dick Meyers, and the "ComicsGate" movement on Twitter. It's basically a bunch of sexist, racist homophobes who don't like that Marvel comics aren't right-wing propaganda full of guns and scantily clad women. The criticisms Mojo is making are basically lifted verbatim from the fake claims they make about why they criticize Marvel and DC.

I don't recommend looking into them on Twitter as they're a bunch of bottom-feeding trolls, but if you do- search the phrase "Power down Knife-Hand" for a good chuckle

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    God Zamn this was horrible. Softer side of villians is like adding an ethnic orphan to a TV show. It's pandering, predictable, and patronizing
    I don't know, I think it works in the Apocalypse story because we haven't seen him in so long. It's bringing him bavk, but deconstructing what makes him so special to begin with. His Celestial tech, his unique and powerful mutation and healing factor, his strength, his intellect. Once you tale all that away, what is Nur left with that makes him anything?

With Mojo, it works because the story is charming, the dialogue is enjoyable, the jokes are funny, and it feels like the writer knows what they're doing.

I thought the Mojo story was pretty bad... for a lot of reasons. At least the Apocalypse stuff is alright.

I had hopes based on the preview, but this was terrible. It isn't that hard to get Mojo's voice right and yet.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Thanks, BroHomo-

I admit I've only read the pre-view, but that's exactly the impression I got. I mean, I find hard to blend those pages with this one, for example:

Astonishing Member

This was very meta, I think mojo became one of my favorite villain's.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    I think he may take a new body. I see a number of potential targets if that were the case- Legion, X-Man, Chamber, Genesis.