Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

The return of Marvel Comics Presents is a fun concept. Really disappointed that Wolverine is the focus though. If we're going through backstories and untold tales etc. then I'd much rather see Black Widow, Winter Solider or Magneto. I'd love to see Hercules, Winter Guard, Alpha Flight any dozens of other characters or teams that don't often get panel time too. We don't need more exposure to already mainstream characters- let's shed some light on the corners of the MU we don't often see.

I'm not at all surprised to see that Donny Cates has pulled Cosmic Ghost Rider into his GotG run. Looks like Groot right at the back, which would indicate he survives Fallen Guardian. It also looks like there may be quite a few members on this team, based upon how many silhouettes you can just make out. I'm excited to see who makes the team; I really wanna see Oracle, Darkhawk & Nova among others. I'm glad the Guardians are getting a good shakeup as they were getting stale.

The return of the Invaders. Interesting. I'm glad Namors design from the current Avengers run has stuck, and it's always good to have more of Steve & Bucky together. Is that flaming figure Toro or Human Torch Jim Hammond? I do think this team of white males is a little bland and close-minded though. Maybe bring in Spitfire or Iron Cross? Or allow for a new addition (Black Widow perhaps?)

Skrull comeback. Of course. Outside of maybe Super-Skrull and Xavin, they sorta lost my interest Post-Secret Invasion.

Marvel Rising could be cool. I wonder if it'll be set in 616 or not, given America is with the West Coast Avengers and Kamala is busy being a Champion. I'd be fine with them using other characters in their stead if it's set within our universe. It'll be great getting more Inferno and Ghost Spider.

Marvel has honestly run out of ideas.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Astonishing Member

Marvel Comics Presents returning is great.
    Wolverine being in some of the stories is nothing new,the original MCP had most of the times Wolverine stories as well.In fact one of the best Wolverine stories (Weapon X by Barry Windsor Smith) was published in MCP.
    Plus i like the variety that having a comic book like that brings to the Marvel comics.It will be interesting to know which will be the characters apearing in it and the diferent styles of story and art that will be given to each character.

I tought cosmic ghost rider was from an alternate universe??? how did he ends up in universe 616 with the guardians of the galaxy????

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    The return of Marvel Comics Presents is a fun concept. Really disappointed that Wolverine is the focus though. If we're going through backstories and untold tales etc. then I'd much rather see Black Widow, Winter Solider or Magneto. I'd love to see Hercules, Winter Guard, Alpha Flight any dozens of other characters or teams that don't often get panel time too. We don't need more exposure to already mainstream characters- let's shed some light on the corners of the MU we don't often see.
    If u are expecting Black Widow or Winter Soldier series then it's probably better to see Tales of Suspense rather than MCP ........... MCP had already proved that they could make good Wolverine series therefore u can't really expect Marvel to get other characters involved from MCP

Quote Originally Posted by darthjoker View Post
    I tought cosmic ghost rider was from an alternate universe??? how did he ends up in universe 616 with the guardians of the galaxy????
    Beast is going to bring him in, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Beast is going to bring him in, of course.
    Lol

10char

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darthjoker View Post
    No, I believe he's from this universe but in the future.

But regardless, I'd say the answer to all your questions would be in the actual book when it hits.
    Last edited by Prof. Warren; 10-05-2018 at 05:50 AM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I hope Nocenti can get Steve Lightle to team up with some more Typhoid Mary/Wolvie stories
    I found Lightle's art to be incomprehensible at times. By itself it might be fine, but with Nocenti's often dense and opaque writing, it was a chore.

That being said, I'm excited for Nocenti writing a MCP story. The original book had a lot of Wolverine too. As long as there are other stories as well, I'm leaning towards checking it out.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Marvel has honestly run out of ideas.
    Whenever someone pulls out the lame "The House of Ideas has run out of ideas!" slam that was a tired diss decades ago when disgruntled fans started it, I find it hilarious.

For someone to attack what they perceive as a lack of creativity with a statement that represents kneejerk criticism at its most lazy and uncreative, well, it's just too ironic.

And on top of that, it's always - always! - someone who says the exact same thing ALL THE TIME.

BANNED

Yeah, I'm all for Marvel Comics Presents coming back, and I don't blame them for going with a big name right off the bat to help sell it, but if it's going to stick around they definitely need to expand the reach of the book to less exposed corners of the MU.

I'm not at all surprised to see that Donny Cates has pulled Cosmic Ghost Rider into his GotG run. Looks like Groot right at the back, which would indicate he survives Fallen Guardian. It also looks like there may be quite a few members on this team, based upon how many silhouettes you can just make out. I'm excited to see who makes the team; I really wanna see Oracle, Darkhawk & Nova among others. I'm glad the Guardians are getting a good shakeup as they were getting stale.
    Cates is gonna kill it on Guardians. I love that Cosmic Ghost Rider has taken off like he has. The current mini has been a great read so far.

The return of the Invaders. Interesting. I'm glad Namors design from the current Avengers run has stuck, and it's always good to have more of Steve & Bucky together. Is that flaming figure Toro or Human Torch Jim Hammond? I do think this team of white males is a little bland and close-minded though. Maybe bring in Spitfire or Iron Cross? Or allow for a new addition (Black Widow perhaps?)
    Is this Invaders an ongoing or a one-shot? Based on reports, I'm kind of unclear on it.

I'm hoping for an ongoing. D'Zarsky's an interesting choice for this. I would've expected someone like Ewing but we'll see how it goes.

Definitely would love to see the Invaders have a solid run again.

Skrull comeback. Of course. Outside of maybe Super-Skrull and Xavin, they sorta lost my interest Post-Secret Invasion.
    I'm not that big on Skrulls but there's no way that they feature in the Captain Marvel movie and don't reappear in the comics.

Secret Invasion kind of seemed like peak Skrull to me but I'm curious to see what they do with them.

-----

Definitely some intriguing news out of NY so far - with bigger stuff waiting for the actual con, I'd guess.

I'm hoping to hear about whoever the next creative teams will be on the relaunches of both Daredevil and Spectacular Spider-Man as well as confirmation of a Defenders ongoing.

Oh, and I'd sure love to find out if Moon Knight is going to relaunch but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get any word on that yet.

So much of this feels like it is chasing nostalgia. Getting rid of Alonso was a terrible move for Marvel.

That's the thing, people complain Marvel is doing too much trying books with different characters and sidelining the likes of Thor etc ,are the same people who are complaining when Marvel is bringing back the very characters they claimed to have missed. Suddenly Marvel is out of ideas by doing what fans wanted? Marvel can't win.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

the world is a better place when marvel is publishing the invaders. sign me up. i recently went back and re-read the 70 series and about a dozen and a half appearances/mini-series through the years so i'm in full-blown invader mode these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    That's the thing, people complain Marvel is doing too much trying books with different characters and sidelining the likes of Thor etc ,are the same people who are complaining when Marvel is bringing back the very characters they claimed to have missed. Suddenly Marvel is out of ideas by doing what fans wanted? Marvel can't win.
    Yes they can. They can stop listening to vocal fans that don't actually put their money where their mouths are and continue writing new stories that challenge readers and reflect society at large. Looking backwards is a dangerous game that only fans have the luxury of doing.