Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Update, Teen Lantern is a Bolivian girl
    I'm happy we're getting another female Lantern.

They should also consider bringing back Gotham Academy. Or another book featuring the characters.
    It had a strong following and would give the line more prestige (not that it really needs it with Bendis already involved...).

Also... Amethyst.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

My first impulse was to say "good, if he's making a new imprint then maybe he can take his Superman there and leave the rest of the DCU alone!"

But honestly this looks pretty cool. I'm a big fan of the old Young Justice cast and crew, and especially with a Robin on board who doesn't appear to be Damian, I can sort of get behind this.

I mean, I don't hate Damian or anything, I just think every Robin is basically Robin first (plucky, cocky, upbeat Batman foil), whereas for him Robin takes a distant, distant second to being Damian Wayne, Son of Batman (arrogant, edgy, ninja punk).
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Very interesting. I'll be especially curious to see Gleason handle Tim (and desperately hoping that since Tim was last seen driving around with Steph, Bendis at least touches on her status, if not giving her some guest appearances.)
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Very interesting. I'll be especially curious to see Gleason handle Tim (and desperately hoping that since Tim was last seen driving around with Steph, Bendis at least touches on her status, if not giving her some guest appearances.)
    I'm kind of surprised Spoiler's not in the illustration to be honest.

I wonder if the Young Justice team will just be the Young Justice 4.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Wow, this is perfect. Bendis' best comics to date have been Ultimate Spider-man so he's an absolutely perfect fit for both curating this line and writing the new Young Justice comic with, by all appearances, the classic '90s team in their classic costumes, as drawn by Patrick freakin' Gleason!

The other books I'm not sure of yet but Mark Russel certainly raises my interest.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Fantastic Member

another great news today. looking forward to the young justice book.

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    My first impulse was to say "good, if he's making a new imprint then maybe he can take his Superman there and leave the rest of the DCU alone!"

But honestly this looks pretty cool. I'm a big fan of the old Young Justice cast and crew, and especially with a Robin on board who doesn't appear to be Damian, I can sort of get behind this.

I mean, I don't hate Damian or anything, I just think every Robin is basically Robin first (plucky, cocky, upbeat Batman foil), whereas for him Robin takes a distant, distant second to being Damian Wayne, Son of Batman (arrogant, edgy, ninja punk).
    Your first impluse was to be mean in a situation where people have been waiting for a young justice title...
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Young Justice by Bendis? That sounds interesting! Also, the Jenny Hex book sounds like it could be a lot of fun. Hell at the very least she might could give me a Stargirl fix since she sounds like a Stargirl rip off.
    Last edited by Jekyll; 10-04-2018 at 01:39 PM.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

But, will the Bendis-led Young Justice have anything to actually connect it with the stories that came before?
    Or will it have just about as much in common as Teen Titans GO! has with the regular, in-universe Teen Titans' past stories?

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I would assume that's because Damian is still in Teen Titans. Wouldn't make sense to have him in both books. Not that I mind. Tim back is a big selling point for me. Mix that with Conner being back and a reunited Young Justice and it's an easy buy.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But, will the Bendis-led Young Justice have anything to actually connect it with the stories that came before?
    Or will it have just about as much in common as Teen Titans GO! has with the regular, in-universe Teen Titans' past stories?
    It's in-continuity. It seems to be spiring forward from Detective Comics' Oz Effect tie-in where older Tim Drake tells younger Tim to find Conner along with his other friends, and Tim says he doesn't know them.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Need to see more on Teen Lantern, has potential to go either way.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Need to see more on Teen Lantern, has potential to go either way.
    I agree, cause it sounds cool someone hacking a lantern power battery but you really have to question how exactly that works and how she uses that to fight.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I would assume that's because Damian is still in Teen Titans. Wouldn't make sense to have him in both books. Not that I mind. Tim back is a big selling point for me. Mix that with Conner being back and a reunited Young Justice and it's an easy buy.
    Not to mention Young Justice is Tim's team.
    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I agree, cause it sounds cool someone hacking a lantern power battery but you really have to question how exactly that works and how she uses that to fight.
    Kind of reminds me how Young Justice had Alan Scott using a damaged Power Battery, which explains how he got his powers without actually being a member of the Green Lantern Corps.