Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Im curious about what other books we could be getting from this new line. Amethyst is a nice addition, but maybe a new Stargirl series and a Blue Beetle series could be added too? Here's hoping...
    I'm kinda doubtful of blue beetle getting a book so soon after his last one ended, especially since Ted will have a role in heroes in crisis.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Where are my boys Blue Beetle, Aqualad and Firestorm?

The return of the Wonder Twins grabbed my interest. I always had a soft spot for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Really? Iirc it's a print aimed at revitalizing characters that have fallen by the wayside, which suits Stargirl. Also yeah I can't imagine Johns not either writing her himself or wanting some input with whoever does write her, which is why I think she'd only show up under his imprint.
    The imprints title doesn't sound very Stargirl but if it's about revitalising characters, she fits the brand. Besides, there isn't a writer out there who can write Stargirl like Johns does. He's the only one who knew his sister, Courtney is personal to him on a level other writers can't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I'm kinda doubtful of blue beetle getting a book so soon after his last one ended, especially since Ted will have a role in heroes in crisis.
    Im not. Didio likes Jaime and Bendis is very pro diversity. Also, it's more than likely Ted is going to die in Heroes in Crisis, to give Booster an emotional arc. Calling it now lol
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    We could have had it all...
    Lets see-

Gail Simon wanted too use Rocket in Birds of Prey-got shot down by management.

The disrespect to McDuffie by an early version of the echo chamber while on JLA.

Static stick in that badly down Teen Titans book
    Static and Supergirl being teammates in her book was scrapped after that writer left.

Dc silence while Static was blamed for Young Justice's axing instead of being honest about it (toy sales).
    The abortion known as New 52 Static.

I am pretty sure Milestone has had it with DC proper. Who has had 11 years to work something out instead of pandering to the echo chamber who hated him as much as they now hate Riri, Miles & Ms Marvel.

Yeah lets keep Static in his OWN world. Since he's not welcomed in Dc's without someone taking issue.

Eh. With Riri, the problem wasn't that she was black, female, or both; it's that she came out of nowhere and replaced Tony Stark. That, and her attitude. I had similar problems with Amadeus as the new Hulk; and most of the other replacements did make big deals about their race/gender/sexuality/whatever was defining them in place of, I don't know, good characterization.

But again, I'm hoping to be surprised. Is that ok with you?
    Maybe if the entitlement & Echo Chamber crews Stop complaining, plotting boycotts, harassing creators and all that jazz. They make it a bigger issue than the readers.
    And love to parrot what you just said. Meanwhile the actual READERS are wondering where is that in the books in question. Because they don't see it after LOL READING the book.

Like I said, my concern is with writers who are more interested in pushing a social agenda than with telling good stories.
    Who are these writers? Can I get books and page numbers to back up these claims? Because when I ask in other place I can't get any concrete evidence.

Dude Static probably isn’t in because Milestone has to deal with that lawsuit between them and McDuffie’s widow. Hudlin and the rest wanted to cut her out and now they can’t do anything before they make a deal. That’s my guess, not DC hating Static. Milestone wanted their own Earth, just like what Ellis is doing with Wildstorm.

I’m not going to pretend DC hasn’t botched their use of Static and Milestone in the past (my God New 52 totally f***** up that chance), but I feel like this is less a case of DC being bad and more Milestone needing to settle its affairs first.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Lets see-

The disrespect to McDuffie by an early version of the echo chamber while on JLA.

Static and Supergirl being teammates in her book was scrapped after that writer left.

Dc silence while Static was blamed for Young Justice's axing instead of being honest about it (toy sales).

I am pretty sure Milestone has had it with DC proper. Who has had 11 years to work something out instead of pandering to the echo chamber who hated him as much as they now hate Riri, Miles & Ms Marvel.

Yeah lets keep Static in his OWN world. Since he's not welcomed in Dc's without someone taking issue.

Maybe if the entitlement & Echo Chamber crews Stop complaining, plotting boycotts, harassing creators and all that jazz. They make it a bigger issue than the readers.
    And love to parrot what you just said. Meanwhile the actual READERS are wondering where is that in the books in question. Because they don't see it after LOL READING the book.

Who are these writers? Can I get books and page numbers to back up these claims? Because when I ask in other place I can't get any concrete evidence.
    Static was never blamed for Young Justice getting axed. Stop it. And Milestone is currently screwing over McDuffie’s widow out of 50% ownership. They’re being more disrespectful than DC ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by Armageddon View Post
    You can tell good stories and change the person behind the costume. DC was known for legacy, this thing of there being one true iconic hero is a new thing.
    It also has nothing to do with what I'm saying. I am, after all, a fan of Tim Drake and Wally West, both characters who took over the costumed identity of another hero. Likewise with Cassie Sandsmark and Cassandra Cain. What I don't like is when existing characters are sidelined in order to bring in replacements, especially after the third or fourth time that you do it.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    They already have two Flashes in Wally and Barry (well, they did before Heroes in Crisis, um spoilers?) so two Robins and two Superboy's isn't outside the realm of possibility.
    They still do have two Flashes. Avery Ho, the Flash of China.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    4. Another earth based Green Lantern? Seriously. How many do we have already? Six? Seven? Eight at this point?
    Seven. Alan (though, like most of the Justice Society, he's in limbo), Hal, John, Guy, Kyle, Simon, Jessica.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan2013 View Post
    I think with the recent annoucement of a new Green Lantern they should stop creating more Green Lanterns, there are now nine green lanterns (if you count the teenager from the DC Ink imprint - don't know if he's canon or not), I think they should turn at least three green lanterns into either a blue, red or indigo lantern because Earth is now packed with a lot of Green Lanterns.
    The Ink one is AU, so doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Amen brother.

Although I think the situation is so extreme that I think that DC desperately needs to kill off and permanently retire some of their Green Lanterns.

Personally what I would do is kill off Guy Gardener, retire Hal Jordan (à la Jack Knight Starman), make Simon Baz a Red Lantern, have Jessica Cruz wield the same energy as the Sinestro Corps albeit in a more heroic manner, and have Kyle Rayner be Ion.

John Stewart would ideally be the only Green Lantern on Earth.

Anyway, not to derail the thread.
    You're suggesting Jessica Cruz should be a Yellow Lantern?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Seven. Alan (though, like most of the Justice Society, he's in limbo),
    Spoiler: no, he isn't.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Perhaps her power comes from the green flame as opposed to the Corps?
    Didn't the OP say that she gets her power from hacking a power lantern (whatever that means; I've never thought of lanterns as computers).

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Naomi is actually Hebrew/Jewish.
    Yeah, sheesh, you'd think people would have read (or at least heard of) the Book of Ruth.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Lets see-

I would LOVE for Static to be in his own world.... Just there's this slight problem of Milestone having so traction and getting complete radio silence from the management.

I'm saying i rather have Static been in a high profile book than being stuck in limbo because of some potential legal battle where the people supposedly honoring McFuffie's work are cutting his widow and estate out if the profits.

I'm just saying if you're going to block the use of a character, then you could at least use him

They likely can't use him, legally. They're attempting to block McDuffie's widow from receiving money. If they fail, as despicable as they're being, then any money accrued from using him now also has to be split with her. This case needs to end and then use of the character renegotiated by whoever is in charge of the estate (likely the widow) before they can use him again without losing money.

That's hardly DC's fault.

The mini-series Naomi is really intriguing me, and so are the Wonder Twins and Dial H for Heroes, but I don't know if I'll have the money to pull it with The Silencer, CoB, The Unexpected, JLO, B&tO, RHatO, especially considering that I may end with less money at the end of the year and starting 2019...
    Does anyone knows if Comixology digital wing works in Europe (more specifically France) or if it's U.S. only ? It could well help me some euros here and there and allows me to pull more from DC.