Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

I have no comments on the actual characters and teams, but having what seems like an all-white team of middle-aged dudes as the core creative team for writing about five reasonably diverse teenaged girls doesn't strike me as a big selling point, much less wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Personally I think more people want to read about Jonah Hex then his female descendant, but I could be wrong...
    DC introduced Hex a descendant of Jonah Hex in an issue of Superboy. She was a supermodel and was possessed by the spirit of Jonah Hex and rode a Dragon she acquired from Cadmus.

https://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Hex_(New_Earth)

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I'll check out Wonder Twins!

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    DC introduced Hex a descendant of Jonah Hex in an issue of Superboy. She was a supermodel and was possessed by the spirit of Jonah Hex and rode a Dragon she acquired from Cadmus.

https://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Hex_(New_Earth)
    Heh. I love comics .

I mean hey if Jonah Hex himself can time travel to the present why not one of his descendants finding Adam Strange’s ray gun and teams up with other teen superheroes.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Sounds intriguing all things considered.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    You know what I posted in the other thread about Justice League dark or the JSA but honestly the new teenage Dr. Fate would probably be a great addition to this initial cast of characters.
    Khalid's in med school, he'd be too old for a teen team.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmySpectre View Post
    DC launch a new imprint WONDER COMIC curated by Bendis.

https://www.newsarama.com/42168-youn...n-imprint.html

Young Justice : by Bendis & Patrick Gleason
    Naomi : by Bendis and David Walker & Jamal Campbell.
    Wonder Twins : by Mark Russell & Stephen Byrne.
    Dial H for Hero : by Sam Humphries & Joe Quinones

More info :

Naomi is a new character.

Jenny Hex, the “Great great great great great granddaughter” of Jonah Hex, will soon be introduced in the next Walmart Batman special by Bendis before moving into a Wonder Comics title.This character won’t know she’s related to Jonah, but will discover Adam Strange’s ray gun and a trunk full of old DC stuff/ weapons

Bendis teased a new character called Teen Lantern, a teen from Bolivia who figures out how to hack into a lantern battery and do things with it that “she should not be doing.” this title will tie into what Morrison and Liam sharp are doing in Green Lantern.
    Sounds cool but i'll wait till a preview. I'm not sure i want tim's generation in high school again as i rather they be college aged. But i guess beggars can't be choosers

I mean he doesn’t necessarily have to be on the team, he could just get a new solo series is what I was saying. If they want to tie it in to continuity just have the events of Justice League dark mess with his powers or something.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean he doesn’t necessarily have to be on the team, he could just get a new solo series is what I was saying. If they want to tie it in to continuity just have the events of Justice League dark mess with his powers or something.
    my bad.

I wouldn't mind if he crosses over with the Sandman universe tho.

I'm curious about naomi tho.

Mighty Member

I swore off Bendis years ago back at Marvel. I was pumped when he ended up on Superman, a book I don't read or care about.

But gimme the YJ4... yeah, Bendis, you got me. I'm in. Now please be Miles Morales Bendis and not Guardians of the Galaxy Bendis....

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Khalid could be on Titans if they remember he exists

Oh f**k yeah, I'm sooo good for this.

The YJ generation getting back together? Yeah, I've been waiting for this announcement for two years! Now, are we sure this is in the main continuity? I'm fine if it isn't, and there's a serious 90's vibe going on with that roster, but Tim's costume looks like what he was wearing in Rebirth (more or less), though he doesnt have the double "R" on his logo, and Conner......I'm not sure what that's all about. The old 90's costume, but now with a jacket that fell out of the 80's, patches on his pants, and sneakers (or something?) over the tights? The f-- is that all about?

Cassie looks amazing though. Been far too long since we've seen her, though I still miss the awkward girl with the glasses, not the blonde with the perfect figure she grew into.

The Wonder Twins look great, aside from some weird art mistake on Jayna's legs. It's always fun when DC tries to incorporate them into the books. Never works, but it's a fun train wreck to watch.

And I am always a sucker for a H Dial, so that one gets an issue too.

The Teen Lantern and new Hex.....we'll see. I love me some Hex descendants (not that we see them often) but that's a hard formula to mix right. And I feel like "Teen Lantern" is one of those ideas that DC should never attempt....but hacking a power battery does sound kinda cool....
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Damn, no Blue Beetle.

DC: “we’re totally diverse. We have both white characters and black characters. That’s everybody right?”

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    my bad.

I wouldn't mind if he crosses over with the Sandman universe tho.

I'm curious about naomi tho.
    Same, that was the one title name that made me go “Am I supposed to know who that is?”

However David Walker is working on it and I love just about everything he writes so I’ll try it out.
    Words to live by.

Gleason in YJ? What a shame that nothing encourages me to read it. Tim is Robin again? What is the meaning of this Bendis?

For some reason I want to know more about Naomi.. For now.

Wonder Twins. This reminds me.. JL 3000? The characters with purple costume here.

Jenny Hex..
    I donīt know jonah hex... I should find more information for understand this.
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-04-2018 at 05:24 PM.