Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    In the show, the Wonder Twins were actually aliens. Have no idea how they're pursuing this here.
    I know that but I've always thought they were trying for an asian look. Same way Superman is an Alien but looks white.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

What I am shocked about is nobody has stated what teen books or characters they would like to see attached to this imprint, after all this is only the first wave of books.

So what characters can people see joining the YJ team and what other teen books can you see coming out of this imprint.

For me, I can see a teen mystic/magic book, take the team-up that's happening in Raven's book and make it it's own title.

I can also see Gotham Academy being revived.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Aren't the Wonder Twins Asian? Plus the new Lantern is Bolivian and there is clearly a black girl in the picture as well.
    The Wonder Twins are aliens so they don't have a "race", but they (to me) did look like they had asian features (sometimes) in the cartoon, I don't think we'll be seeing that here tho.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

I'd rather pay attention to the depth of characterisation of older characters and development and fleshing out of new characters before wondering if they fit the melanin and gonad compatibility checklist of whatever is in demand at the moment.

Seeing the YJ4 together again makes me happy. Having the inclusion of the Wonder Twins and new characters on top is a plus. I'd love to see Secret, Empress, Arrowette and Slobo swing in for at least an arc for the sake of old times.

For the diversity detectives: Naomi is also a Japanese name. You may yet be slightly more appeased. Here's hoping.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ConnorHawke View Post
    I'd rather pay attention to the depth of characterisation of older characters and development and fleshing out of new characters before wondering if they fit the melanin and gonad compatibility checklist of whatever is in demand at the moment.

Seeing the YJ4 together again makes me happy. Having the inclusion of the Wonder Twins and new characters on top is a plus. I'd love to see Secret, Empress, Arrowette and Slobo swing in for at least an arc for the sake of old times.

For the diversity detectives: Naomi is also a Japanese name. You may yet be slightly more appeased. Here's hoping.
    Naomi is actually Hebrew/Jewish.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I know that but I've always thought they were trying for an asian look. Same way Superman is an Alien but looks white.
    I always thought they should have purple skin myself. If they are shape shifters it doesn't really matter what their "true" form looks like. I think they were Asian in the JL cartoon.
    Assassinate Putin!

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I do hope we see Arrowette and the Secret in YJ. And, yes, I know they've also committed the crime of being white. Sorry?
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Naomi is actually Hebrew/Jewish.
    True, but also natively Japanese: 直美
    Last edited by ConnorHawke; 10-05-2018 at 08:58 AM. Reason: added Kanji

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Holy Crap!

I'm stoked to see Young Justice back. It's truly great seeing DC putting emphasis on the nineties generation of sidekicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    I do hope we see Arrowette and the Secret in YJ. And, yes, I know they've also committed the crime of being white. Sorry?
    Will the new team have as many blondes as the upcoming cartoon team ?

However I do have a few problems with this line.

1. it appears that the Young Justice characters at least in costumes will be more like they were in the 90s rather than the costumes they have consistently had in the 2000s and onwards. This is a shame because their 90s costumes are obviously very of that era and don't age that well now a days. Also i hope Bendis charactarizes Tim, Conner, and Cassie as they have been portrayed in the early 2010 like Chris Yost's Red Robin and Jeff Lemire's Superboy. But considering their costumes are harkening back to the nineties my fear is that Bendis is going to make them have the same personalities they had in the Young Justice series. In this new series, I would like Tim, Bart and the rest to show the development they have been given.

2. The Young Justice characters seem to be younger than they have been typically portrayed in the present. Hell, Impulse looks like he's the same age as Jon Kent.

As of the present in DC continuity I would prefer the age range of characters to look like this

Jon Kent, Damian Wayne, Teen Titans generation
    - in their teens

Tim Drake, Conner Kent, Young Justice generation
    -in their 20s

Dick Grayson, Wally West, Titans generation
    -in their thirties

Bruce Wayne, Clark Kent, Justice League generation
    -in their 40s.

3. I would rather not have another take on Dial H only a couple years after China Mieville's run. I'd rather have a Blue Beetle and Tracy Thirteen series, or a continuation of Shade the Changing Girl.

4. Another earth based Green Lantern? Seriously. How many do we have already? Six? Seven? Eight at this point?

DC's gotta fix this Robin situation with Tim and Demian........ or at least age Bruce to 50ish
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    The Wonder Twins are aliens so they don't have a "race", but they (to me) did look like they had asian features (sometimes) in the cartoon, I don't think we'll be seeing that here tho.
    I dunno ... I always took them to be Icelandic...

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    DC's gotta fix this Robin situation with Tim and Demian........ or at least age Bruce to 50ish

True. Maybe Damian could be the new Batgirl?

the real superboy is back