Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

I’m very excited to see Kon back.

But I’ll clarify why this announcement depressed me. DC has so many underused minority heroes (many of which are teens) who could have fit perfectly with this new line. Vibe, Blue Beetle, Tanya Spears, Bunker, Aqualad, Aquagirl (Lorena), Traci 13, etc etc. But instead of using their already existing characters who have a ton of potential, they create new ones.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto1996 View Post
    the real superboy is back
    With spikes on his jacket!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

But I’ll clarify why this announcement depressed me. DC has so many underused minority heroes (many of which are teens) who could have fit perfectly with this new line. Vibe, Blue Beetle, Tanya Spears, Bunker, Aqualad, Aquagirl (Lorena), Traci 13, etc etc. But instead of using their already existing characters who have a ton of potential, they create new ones.
    Hopefully this line's existence will lead to appearances and books for those characters .

I really think once they re-establish the core 4'rs relationships we can expect Aqualad and Jamie at the very least. I actually think that is the reason they were kept back from being in the Teen Titans title.

But you see if you keep making more or change characters to fit a certain minority group you can just say you have more diverse characters. Without having to you know build them up, care for them and create exciting stories that become staples of the DCU.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Only for those new creations to end up in limbo after their creator leaves. So goes the never ending cycle...
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post

As of the present in DC continuity I would prefer the age range of characters to look like this

Jon Kent, Damian Wayne, Teen Titans generation
    - in their teens

Tim Drake, Conner Kent, Young Justice generation
    -in their 20s

Dick Grayson, Wally West, Titans generation
    -in their thirties

Bruce Wayne, Clark Kent, Justice League generation
    -in their 40s.

I hope that after Doomsday Clock, if they are going to bring back the old timeline, adjust the heroes ages. I agree with age range for the heroes, with the current teen titans being from age 13 - 14 (Damian's TT generation), Young Justice being a group of young adults who are in their early 20s, The Titans being in their late 20s - early 30s and Justice League being in their late 30s - mid 40s, with that age range non-powered heroes such as Batman may should considered retiring and passing down the mantle to Dick Grayson.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    4. Another earth based Green Lantern? Seriously. How many do we have already? Six? Seven? Eight at this point?
    I think with the recent annoucement of a new Green Lantern they should stop creating more Green Lanterns, there are now nine green lanterns (if you count the teenager from the DC Ink imprint - don't know if he's canon or not), I think they should turn at least three green lanterns into either a blue, red or indigo lantern because Earth is now packed with a lot of Green Lanterns.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan2013 View Post
    I hope that after Doomsday Clock, if they are going to bring back the old timeline, adjust the heroes ages. I agree with age range for the heroes, with the current teen titans being from age 13 - 14 (Damian's TT generation), Young Justice being a group of young adults who are in their early 20s, The Titans being in their late 20s - early 30s and Justice League being in their late 30s - mid 40s, with that age range non-powered heroes such as Batman may should considered retiring and passing down the mantle to Dick Grayson.

I think with the recent annoucement of a new Green Lantern they should stop creating more Green Lanterns, there are now nine green lanterns (if you count the teenager from the DC Ink imprint - don't know if he's canon or not), I think they should turn at least three green lanterns into either a blue, red or indigo lantern because Earth is now packed with a lot of Green Lanterns.
    Amen brother.

Although I think the situation is so extreme that I think that DC desperately needs to kill off and permanently retire some of their Green Lanterns.

Personally what I would do is kill off Guy Gardener, retire Hal Jordan (à la Jack Knight Starman), make Simon Baz a Red Lantern, have Jessica Cruz wield the same energy as the Sinestro Corps albeit in a more heroic manner, and have Kyle Rayner be Ion.

John Stewart would ideally be the only Green Lantern on Earth.

Anyway, not to derail the thread.
    Last edited by Timothy Hunter; 10-05-2018 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I know that but I've always thought they were trying for an asian look. Same way Superman is an Alien but looks white.
    It was the 70's, they were going for Donny and Marie Osmond.

hqdefault.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    True. Maybe Damian could be the new Batgirl?
    Nah, but him as the new Nightwing could work. Ric could use someone to remind him of Nightwing’s worth, and save him from himself.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-05-2018 at 06:44 PM.

The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

I hope Todd Nauck gets to draw some issues of the new Young Justice title. Make the DCU wonderful again!
    Take a couple of minutes and check out this new comic book, friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...no-more-crises

You guys might wanna read this as Bendis gives us some ideas about the line and the characters involved in it. By the way apparently whoever here wanted Amethyst and Gemworld back looks like she will be here in some capacity.

We also got some information about Naomi by Bendis and David Walker, here’s the full quote from the link.

"Naomi is a young African American girl in the Pacific Northwest. She's adopted, she's the only person who looks like her in her tiny town and one day, Superman and Mongol crash there for a split second during the middle of a fight," Bendis teased. "It's a little blip in the bigger scheme of things for either of them but his appearance there will inspire Naomi to look into her own adoption -- and the result of her looking will bring about something the DC Universe has never seen before."

http://m.ign.com/articles/2018/10/05...-wonder-comics
    Last edited by sifighter; 10-05-2018 at 09:42 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

I really doubt the old timeline will return. DC wants younger characters. They they don't want to replace Bruce, then they want Batman to be 30s.

In fact, Tim Drake seems younger in this Young Justice comic, so I wonder if they will deaged Tim and retcon other things.

I'm really surprised they didn't keep Guy as a Red Lantern. It's just so... perfect. He's always been the angry one... the one who let rage fuel his blasts... The moment they introduced the Reds I said "THAT'S the ring Guy should have!!" Or yellow? Bring back the idea of Yellow Ring Guy from the 90's that was a nice time of him doing his own thing.

Impulse doesn't have big feet. 0/10 won't buy... instant boycott.

Just kidding, I am super interested and will get the YJ joke and am very interested to see Tim's new situation.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown