Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Stargirl 2020

  1. #1
    Spectacular Member beatboks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    204

    Default Stargirl 2020

    After getting excited about next years Stargirl on the back of another awesome pilot (Swamp Thing) I started looking into the plans.

    Maybe its just me but I find some of the casting choices a little off.

    A comedian like Joel Mchale for Syl pemberton feelsnoff. I suppose there's always the argument of what Micheal Keaton did for Batman (which was awesome)

    I find myself looking at Lou Ferrigno chosen to play Rex Tyler/Hourman and it screaming at me "pefect freaking Ted Grant/Wildcat". I still remember Hulk so yeah he can play the strongman but he just has the build of a former world champion boxer and has a chin that says It can take a punch or 4.

    Not sold on Henry Thomas as Dr Midnight either.

    The one I really cant get my head around is Luke Wilson as Pat Dugan.

    What thoughts does anyone else have on this casting?

  2. #2
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,083

    Default

    You either meant to say Starfire or Stargirl in the title I'm guessing, but if not Starfirl is my new favorite superhero name.

  3. #3
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    After getting excited about next years Stargirl on the back of another awesome pilot (Swamp Thing) I started looking into the plans.

    Maybe its just me but I find some of the casting choices a little off.

    A comedian like Joel Mchale for Syl pemberton feelsnoff. I suppose there's always the argument of what Micheal Keaton did for Batman (which was awesome)

    I find myself looking at Lou Ferrigno chosen to play Rex Tyler/Hourman and it screaming at me "pefect freaking Ted Grant/Wildcat". I still remember Hulk so yeah he can play the strongman but he just has the build of a former world champion boxer and has a chin that says It can take a punch or 4.

    Not sold on Henry Thomas as Dr Midnight either.

    The one I really cant get my head around is Luke Wilson as Pat Dugan.

    What thoughts does anyone else have on this casting?
    I like Joel McHale and Luke Wilson...that's about all I got for this. Wish it the best

  4. #4
    Spectacular Member beatboks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    You either meant to say Starfire or Stargirl in the title I'm guessing, but if not Starfirl is my new favorite superhero name.
    Yeah I meant Stargirl. Fat thumbs on a phone.
    I hope it will be good, old JSA fan from way back.
    Its just I picture somenof the roles they've played and cant see that lining up with the characters. Except the guy cast as Wildcat, cant picture him as anything.

  5. #5
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    6,819

    Default

    Seeing so many JSA members as supporting cast made me think why isn't it a JSA show.

  6. #6
    Spectacular Member beatboks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Seeing so many JSA members as supporting cast made me think why isn't it a JSA show.
    Probably the same reason Stargirl was the crux of introducing JSA in smallville. Johns had a producing hand in that as well I beleive.

    Courtney really is his fav character. He does for her what Simone does for Catman

    Though honestly no reason they couldnt. The repeat support characters they've chosen wouldnt need excessive effects. At least not like a more conventional line up would. Then again that might be why also
    Last edited by beatboks; 06-04-2019 at 10:40 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •