Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rambo 5

Default Rambo 5

So...this is actually happening.

"Rambo 5, finds John Rambo coping with intense PTSD while living on a ranch in Arizona, trying to pick up casual work wherever he can. Soon his friend and estate manager Maria informs him that her granddaughter went missing after crossing into Mexico for a party, so John travels south of the border to find the youngster. The quest quickly turns into a violent descent into hell as Rambo uncovers a sex-trafficking ring, teaming up with a journalist whose half-sister has also been kidnapped. Rambo has to deploy all his skills to save the girls and bring down a vicious crime lord.

The film is directed by Adrian Grunberg with Matt Cirulnick (Absentia) writing the screenplay for Rambo 5 (previously rumored to be titled Rambo: Last Blood), which Avi Lerner and Kevin King will produce."

The cowboy look on Rambo is bizarre yet interesting.

So we're getting a [final?] Rambo movie some 11 years, yet still no Tango & Cash 2. Or Over the Top 2. Or Cliffhanger 2. I'm joking. Kind of. But I can't wait to see this. Even without Stallone directing I'm sure it'll be as ridiculously violent as the last Rambo movie.

Stallone is a god as far as I'm concerned, and the synopsis sounds just fine. I'm slightly concerned about this though because RAMBO had a perfect ending for the character. In FIRST BLOOD, Rambo just wanted to go home, and he finally got there in his last outing. It was very poignant and a full circle that after all the wars, all the blood, all the pain, he finally went home. I suppose he'll die at the end of this one, to bring the character to a full end, but I was very happy with the last one.

Having said that, yes, BRING IT ON. Stallone back as Rambo = day one in any capacity.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    So...this is actually happening.

"Rambo 5, finds John Rambo coping with intense PTSD while living on a ranch in Arizona, trying to pick up casual work wherever he can. Soon his friend and estate manager Maria informs him that her granddaughter went missing after crossing into Mexico for a party, so John travels south of the border to find the youngster. The quest quickly turns into a violent descent into hell as Rambo uncovers a sex-trafficking ring, teaming up with a journalist whose half-sister has also been kidnapped. Rambo has to deploy all his skills to save the girls and bring down a vicious crime lord.

The film is directed by Adrian Grunberg with Matt Cirulnick (Absentia) writing the screenplay for Rambo 5 (previously rumored to be titled Rambo: Last Blood), which Avi Lerner and Kevin King will produce."

The cowboy look on Rambo is bizarre yet interesting.

So we're getting a [final?] Rambo movie some 11 years, yet still no Tango & Cash 2. Or Over the Top 2. Or Cliffhanger 2. I'm joking. Kind of. But I can't wait to see this. Even without Stallone directing I'm sure it'll be as ridiculously violent as the last Rambo movie.
    Sounds good and I want Tango and Cash 2

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    As do we all. As do we all.

Mighty Member

So this is the final chapter right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    De-age Stallone and make the Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot prequel!

Astonishing Member Global Honored's Avatar

Cowboy Rambo?

Saddle up!

So, John Rambo never had a child? Hopefully they'll give him a happy send-off.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    So, John Rambo never had a child? Hopefully they'll give him a happy send-off.
    Has Rambo ever had a love interest to even have one?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Has Rambo ever had a love interest to even have one?
    Co-Bao (Julia Nickson) from "Rambo: First Blood Part 2" comes the closest. She asked if she could come to America with him.

I always thought the Kat character from the Rambo cartoon was based off of her.

Anyway I guess they could say she somehow survived, crawled out of the mud grave Rambo put her in, and nine months later had their kid (meaning they retroactively had sex off screen), but that would be the very definition of convoluted.

But saying Rambo had a kid between movies wouldn't be hard, if they just explain the family life didn't work out because of his intense PTSD. Its just a matter of how old the writers would want the kid to be. If old enough to hold a gun and slaughter bad guys side by side with his/her daddy, it would have to have happened between Rambo 3 and 4. Between Rambo 4 and 5 the kid would be 8-10. And this is all assuming this is in real time not compressed time (i.e. if the story says Rambo 5 is only 2-3 years later).

Rambo...in a retirement home!!

Extraordinary Member

I wonder if the Expendables will show up.

Wait, are they ditching the totally appropriate and awesome title RAMBO : LAST BLOOD title for the 5th Rambo movie?

Stallone is 72 years old as of right now. Between RAMBO 5, EXPENDABLES 4, and possibly CREED 3, retirement is closer than ever for him. Granted, his combination of Hollywood diet, exercise, plastic surgery, and steroids has him fitter than 95% of his septugarian peers.

Still, LAST BLOOD is such a loss of a great subtitle.

Stallone is way too old for this not to break my suspension of disbelief. Plus didnt he deal with his PTSD by Rambo 2 ?

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Wait, are they ditching the totally appropriate and awesome title RAMBO : LAST BLOOD title for the 5th Rambo movie?

Stallone is 72 years old as of right now. Between RAMBO 5, EXPENDABLES 4, and possibly CREED 3, retirement is closer than ever for him. Granted, his combination of Hollywood diet, exercise, plastic surgery, and steroids has him fitter than 95% of his septugarian peers.

Still, LAST BLOOD is such a loss of a great subtitle.
    I'm thinking Rambo 5 is a placeholder name, and they'll decide later if it'll be called Rambo: Last Blood or something else. But if its called something else, that tells me he wants to do another Rambo movie with that title, bringing the total Rambo flicks to six.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Stallone is way too old for this not to break my suspension of disbelief. Plus didnt he deal with his PTSD by Rambo 2 ?
    Well...he's too old to be running like a rabbit like he did in the first three films, he's never too old to sharp shoot baddies or stab them from behind a tree when they run past him (apparently a Rambo signature move). Speed is the first thing to go with age, strength the last. Also I imagine the reason he's dressed from head to toe now is as a sort of workaround to avoid showing a jacked body (or lack thereof). It can work, the plot just has to be smart about it.

As for dealing with PTSD...he's never going to "deal" with it, they'll always use that as an excuse for what he does. One of these movies need to open with him at least talking to a psychiatrist about it, or something similar to Frank talking about it in a group in the Punisher series.