Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    That sounds more like a case of Dick’s personality/brain changing from surviving a shot to the head than actual PTSD.
    It could be that or PTSD symptoms. We won’t know until we get more of the story is part of what I’m getting at. That is a life altering event one way or another. The story has to play out I think we need to give it a chance personally.

Fantastic Member

That sounds more like a case of Dick’s personality/brain changing from surviving a shot to the head than actual PTSD.
    PTSD can present itself in a myriad of ways self-destructive behavior, mood swings and difficulty sleeping are symptoms but those symptoms can also overlap with brain injury.

Mighty Member

I agree
    I read that he lost some brain tissue
    definitely has been some brain damage which lead to behavior,emotional,personality problems

I read this

the hippocampus, which is located in the inner (medial) region of the temporal lobe, forms part of the limbic system, which is particularly important in regulating emotional responses. The hippocampus is thought to be principally involved in storing long-term memories and in making those memories resistant to forgetting, though this is a matter of debate. It is also thought to play an important role in spatial processing and navigation.
    https://www.britannica.com/science/hippocampus

If Dick was shot in the hippocampus and lost brain tissue there, I can see him having brain damage leading to problems with regulating emotional responses and long-term memory

it's possible that he will never recover the memories that he had before he was shot
    Last edited by Starrius; 10-12-2018 at 02:45 PM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by reni344 View Post
    PTSD can present itself in a myriad of ways self-destructive behavior, mood swings and difficulty sleeping are symptoms but those symptoms can also overlap with brain injury.
    This is what Im trying to get at. They are not mutually exclusive especially given the cause.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reni344 View Post
    I am aware of that. All I’m saying is that right now I’m not convinced they’re going for the PTSD angle.

Of course, that can always change when we have more than one issue of new Dick to go off of.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    How does he read like Jason Todd? He hasn’t killed anyone and I thought how stopped the robber was very clever and very Grayson like. Todd probably would straight up killed the guy. Edgy doesn’t equate to murderer or psychopath. Dick honestly is being written like someone with PTSD. He was just shot in the head by a sniper.
    Dick--I mean, Rico--states he lost "blood, bone, brain tissue, and spinal cord fluid." Therefore, this was not merely a scalp wound, which would do little more than bleed like an unholy bear. He's being written like a person with PTSD in some respects--such as occasional blackouts--but what he actually has is BRAIN DAMAGE. By all rights, he SHOULD be dead. At the very best scenario, he would be an invalid (probably for life), barely able to sit up, puking his guts out with every change in position, being spoon-fed, taught how to speak again, and a whole host of other problems. The idea that he is out running around, guzzling booze like a wino, gambling (and remembering how), and participating in a fight club is just ridiculous. The only odious aspect of The New Dick/Ric that is even remotely coherent is a shaved head with a big scar (that should be a lot bigger than it is).