Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default I think I'm the only one interested in this new direction of Dick Grayson

As long as it's not permanent, I'm interested to see what they're going to do with this new direction for Dick Grayson. I think it'll be interesting to see him dealing with not remembering anyone or his past.

Again, I wouldn't want this to be permanent but it's an interesting direction for him.

Yes, I know I'm probably alone in this, but I think it will also be fun to see him interacting with all these people who love and care about him that he doesn't remember. Maybe I've watched too many soap operas over the years. Who knows.

https://www.newsarama.com/42134-nigh...-spoilers.html
    Last edited by caj; 10-05-2018 at 07:30 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    As long as it's not permanent, I'm interested to see what they're going to do with this new direction for Dick Grayson. I think it'll be interesting to see him dealing with not remembering anyone or his past.

Again, I wouldn't want this to be permanent but it's an interesting direction for him.

Yes, I know I'm probably alone in this, but I think it also be fun to see him interacting with all these people who love and care about him that he doesn't remember. Maybe I've watched too many soap operas over the years. Who knows.

https://www.newsarama.com/42134-nigh...-spoilers.html

it reminds me of Jason Quartermaine getting brain damage from a car accident and no longer remembers his past and becomes Jason Morgan
    General Hospital
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

This storyline seems like a perfect storm of crap - last-minute reversal, writer walks off the book, radical personality change, and the oh-so-cliched amnesia angle.

And yet - Nightwing # 50 was pretty good. I dunno how, but it was.

Might go totally off the rails next issue, we’ll see.
    Cheers - CL

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    it reminds me of Jason Quartermaine getting brain damage from a car accident and no longer remembers his past and becomes Jason Morgan
    General Hospital
    Let's hope DC does a better job than that. I sure don't want him to turn into Stone Cold Grayson.

It's been 20 years and Jason Morgan still doesn't have a personality and Steve Burton still doesn't know how to act. LOL

It’s not that I don’t think it’s not an interesting story I just feel it interrupted all the stuff Nightwing had going on , that and it feels compounded onto everything else at DC. I was personally excited to see him step up and be a team leader of the Titans among the Justice League but we can bet now that’s done since he probably won’t remember any of it for a while and has been replaced by Kyle Rayner(nothing wrong with that though, he’s awesome). Not to mention this is happening in the same time as what happened with Heroes in Crisis, something that should have a profound or at least big effect on this series because of how close he was with Roy and Wally but that won’t be dealt with or even matter cause he’s basically someone else now. Nightwing does not exist in a vacuum and by doing this to him I feel they’ve actually wasted some story potential or ideas.

The amnesia idea has some potential to be interesting but I just think they chose the wrong time and maybe even the wrong character to pull this on.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Gotta say I dropped night wing a bit ago
    I was gonna go to trades
    But this has no interest for me

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    General Hospital
    Yes!! I love GH and was thinking the same lol

I was interested in the direction. I have no interest in the creator(s) involved.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Incredible Member

Your not the only one. It was shocking at first and I had to read it like twice but it was good. I think there are a lot of ways they can go with the character now. He has been stuck in a rut for awhile now. Dick to me had Alpha skills with a Beta personality and it held the character back IMO. It’s interesting to see him portrayed with more of an edge and not allowing himself to be defined by his relationship with others. Granted It seems like they had one thing planned and abruptly shifted to this concept but I can’t lie it’s caught my intrest.

Fantastic Member

should do this to bruce instead would of made kings run more interesting. But this is only being done because they do not know what to do with his relationships during a major event for now I agree with that assessment on why this story was made

Mighty Member

Maybe. I personally don't like it. Amnesia is a bad overused trope.

Maybe if the management behind it didn’t suck. Unfortunately its already turned into a messand, and Somthing Last Minute by Scott Lobdell doesn't seem interesting to me.

Fantastic Member

I am super interested I like the idea of exploring who someone is without their memories since that makes up so much of who we are as people. We know he will become Nightwing again eventually so I am just going to enjoy the ride until we get there.

Incredible Member

I like Travis Moore's art.

What gives anyone confidence in this being good? Stories that are forced from the top down without anyone involved caring or being passionate about it isn't a good sign. If this was a story that Percy had planned all along and was going to be built up into something I'd have more faith in it, but it isn't. Hell, if a new creator came on and had this great idea that involved this and was talking about it and promoting it and we actually had a proper creative team attached to it then I'd have more confidence, but we don't even have that. There is no one involved with this that has any idea what they are doing or a thought out plan in place for where to take the character.