Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I won an Instagram contest to get a sketch cover for issue one of Ignited #1! I can't wait to see what it looks like!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    ^^^^^
    Star Wars for sure
    Conan was just a licensure issue, it is held separately.
    Not sure how Aliens & Predator will be done. It is now technically a subsidiary of Disney like Lucas Studios and we know Star Wars is back at Marvel.

Does Marvel Comics care to do Alien & Predator comics though?? Unlike Star Wars there is no history there.
    And Dark Horse also is no longer publishing Buffy the Vampire Slayer (which has connections to 21st Century Fox) and other Whedon-verse properties like Angel and Firefly/Serenity.
    (IDW is doing comic book for those now.)

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^^^
    I forgot all about Buffy and Angel.
    However, those have landed at BOOM! Studios now.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    ^^^^^
    I forgot all about Buffy and Angel.
    However, those have landed at BOOM! Studios now.
    Ooops. My confusion (since I don't normally pay too much attention to either publisher).

I read the free comic book day issue and enjoyed Ignition and Strangelands. Omni still needs another look for me.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I read the free comic book day issue and enjoyed Ignition and Strangelands. Omni still needs another look for me.
    Omni is the one I'm excited about, what shocked me is how the FCBD issue made me way more interested in Strangelands, I thought I wasn't going to like it... but they have such an interesting powerset.
    Pulls:

Really excited to check these books, as well as Simone’s Lion Forge stuff, out. Especially since I’m dropping all DC soon

Are the graphic novels in the same universe as the monthlies, or are they their own thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    Really excited to check these books, as well as Simone’s Lion Forge stuff, out. Especially since I’m dropping all DC soon

Are the graphic novels in the same universe as the monthlies, or are they their own thing?
    they are in their own universe(s). The graphic novels are more like creator-owned while H1 are company owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post

they are in their own universe(s). The graphic novels are more like creator-owned while H1 are company owned.
    Yeah, like Kernway said, those are separate. The only titles in Humanoid's H1U are Ignited, Strangelands and Omni, for now.

But welcome to the party! Glad to see more people interested in H1 and Catalyst Prime.
    Pulls:

https://www.newsarama.com/45457-scho...o-briones.html

An interview with Mark waid about Ignited issue #1.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 06-06-2019 at 02:27 PM.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

So what's everyone's opinion on Ignited? I'm looking for some new superhero books to scratch that itch since I've lost interest in pretty much all of the Big Two's output these days.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    So what's everyone's opinion on Ignited? I'm looking for some new superhero books to scratch that itch since I've lost interest in pretty much all of the Big Two's output these days.
    I bought it yesterday and thought it was a good read. A bit pricy tho.

If you don't like on the nose social commentary and ripped from the headlines storytelling, this wouldn't be for you.

It feels like the middle ground between Mark Waid's Champions run and Joshua Dysart's run of Harbringers over at Valiant.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I'm out of town till Sunday, so I won't be able to read mine. But I did went a one of a kind sketch cover from Humanoid, so I'll post pictures of that, and a mini review, as soon as I get home. Based on the FCBD stuff, I think I'll like it, though.
    Pulls:

I bought it yesterday and thought it was a good read. A bit pricy tho.

If you don't like on the nose social commentary and ripped from the headlines storytelling, this wouldn't be for you.

It feels like the middle ground between Mark Waid's Champions run and Joshua Dysart's run of Harbringers over at Valiant.
    That was my first thought too, even without reading it. Being the same writer, it makes sense that it would be similar to the first 18 issues of Champions.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I've become interested in too many "new superhero lines" in the past (mainly in the 1970s - 1990s) that just either failed outright or became so infrequently published that I no longer could follow / enjoy / care about them.
    Well you are in luck, because this looks like something you aren't meant to get invested in. This looks like something that is meant to be handed to someone that works at one of the cable channels or streaming spots. It feels like a proof of concept for a TV show our movie.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest